Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Virtual Flash Problem (ESXi7)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtual Flash Problem (ESXi7)

vernorvernor Member
edited September 2020 in Help

Hi there,

I have installed ESXi7 to my dedicated server. I followed the normal procedure, nothing abnormal. Nevertheless, I have come across something called "Virtual Flash" which covers 119 GB of my disk space. I've attached a screenshot. I looked vmware docs to handle this problem; however, I couldn't find any of the stated areas on the web UI, see.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.storage.doc/GUID-C5E3214D-F2E0-4BB5-9227-C8C27E0187C6.html

-- I would like to add that I have never seen this. I have installed ESXi on an HDD various times. I did not come across. This is the first time that I have ever installed ESXi on an SSD.

Comments

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2020

@vernor said:
    Hi there,

I have installed ESXi7 to my dedicated server. I followed the normal procedure, nothing abnormal. Nevertheless, I have come across something called "Virtual Flash" which covers 119 GB of my disk space. I've attached a screenshot. I looked vmware docs to handle this problem; however, I couldn't find any of the stated areas on the web UI, see.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.storage.doc/GUID-C5E3214D-F2E0-4BB5-9227-C8C27E0187C6.html

-- I would like to add that I have never seen this. I have installed ESXi on an HDD various times. I did not come across. This is the first time that I have ever installed ESXi on an SSD.

What is your hardware and drives? There should be more screens available on the storage pages.