Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH wrongly cancelled my VPS, is there any way to protect my rights?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH wrongly cancelled my VPS, is there any way to protect my rights?

Brief Story:

I purchased a VPS on OVH on September 6th 2020, and the VPS was suspended and cancelled on September 12th.

My VPS was cancelled for sending phishing emails on August 25th. I purchased this VPS on September 6, and I did not own the IP address on August 25.

I stated this fact to OVH's customer service and abuse team, but they chose to ignore it and did not restore my VPS.

I have purchased for 2 years, and the reason for choosing long-term purchase is that there is a discount for long-term purchase.

Is there any way that I can get my data and money back?

Story supplement:

The abuse team of OVH sent me reminder emails on September 9th and September 11th. Gsuite treated these two emails as spam, so I didn't see them in time.

By the time I saw OVH's previous abuse reminder email in my spam folder, my VPS had been cancelled.

The OVH support team asked me to contact the abuse team directly. I sent a message to the OVH support team in the ticket, and they never responded to me again.
I replied to the abuse team’s email, and they did not reply to me either.

I replied to your abuse team just now.
Google suite treats emails from your abuse team as spam, so I’m not sure whether the reply can be delivered.

Date received14/09/2020 08:20(The timezone is GMT+8)

Can you contact your abuse team to check if they receive my reply or not?
Gsuite treats emails from your abuse team as spam, so gsuite may not deliver my reply to your abuse team.

Date received14/09/2020 11:00

Do your abuse team receive my reply?
Can I temporarily access the VPS to get my data back?

Date received15/09/2020 06:58

My reply to OVH's abuse team:

Please pay attention to the time when abuse occurred, it occurred on “Date: 25 Aug 2020 12:40:02 +0000“. I purchased the VPS on 6 September 2020. The abuse occurred before I owned the ip address.

Mon, Sep 14, 8:09 AM (1 day ago)

Comments

• Just move on for the most quick solution

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • A very unfortunate case of Blast from the Past

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

WTF if this is true.

• If this is true this is a big fuckup on OVH's side.

• @akhfa said:
    Just move on for the most quick solution

no, i wouldnt.

• Just move on for the most quick solution

to humanist provider :p
    and restore remaining data

me to, I'm not comfortable on OVH VPS
    if on range better Leaseweb

• @zafouhar said:
    If this is true this is a big fuckup on OVH's side.

This is true.

Above is a screenshot of the email sent by the OVH's abuse team.

• Had some bad support yesterday for my service and today this....too much from OVH

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2020

Many times I said I was done with OVH. But then I gave them another chance and got a server that wasn’t for production. In setting up the billing agreement for it they partially reactivated an old, previously cancelled Exchange service. It wasn’t fully reactivated and as a result couldn’t be cancelled properly, would error out. Their support couldn’t cancel it for me either, and just kept telling me to use the panel to do what it wouldn’t do. Had to kill the billing agreement and lose all services for nonpayment to fix it.

Thus began yet another story of completely useless support by a provider that relies so heavily on automation but can’t competently manage it.

Fuck OVH. Worthless cunts, all of them. Not language I use frequently these days. Chargeback everything and don’t look back.

• Are they holding your 2 years prepayment? If so file a dispute with your CC company.

Forget about reasoning with them, they are French.

Thanked by 2TimboJones WSWD
  • they are OVH

• Billions was lost and major law suite is a must. /s

OVH makes mistakes, they are everything but perfect. didn't you had a backup? If yes - restore server and continue. If not, there is always hetzner.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hello @jackywood ,
    Could you please send me in PM your support or abuse ticket number or VPS number for investigation?
    Will escalate this case internally to the appropriate team.
    Thank you

• @darb said:
    Are they holding your 2 years prepayment? If so file a dispute with your CC company.

Forget about reasoning with them, they are French.

I paid by credit card. I just updated the ticket to ask if a refund is possible. If I can't get a refund or no response, I can only contact the bank to try to recover the payment.

• @OVH_APAC said:
    Hello @jackywood ,
    Could you please send me in PM your support or abuse ticket number or VPS number for investigation?
    Will escalate this case internally to the appropriate team.
    Thank you

I have sent you the abuse ticket number and VPS number, thank you for your help.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

This is why I won’t pay long term for OVH stuff. I have been moving some services away and continue to do so.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited September 2020

OVH has been getting a lot of bad press around here lately. You'd think one would learn from it...

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2020

Well?

Sue. Let us know how the court process goes.

• sue them.

• @deank said:
    Well?

Sue. Let us know how the court process goes.

OVH reopened the VPS and I retrieved my data back, and I will get a refund.

Thanks @OVH_APAC for your help.

Thanks for all the comments!

Thanks LET.

My native language is not English, thanks to the translation software for making my posts fluent.

• if true, @OVH_APAC must be apologize in here, at least clarify
    cause drama like this

• deankdeank Member, Troll

All that shit drama and she won't even sue.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@pedagang said:
    if true, @OVH_APAC must be apologize in here, at least clarify
    cause drama like this

Hello @pedagang and all, our support team has been in touch with the concerned user to fix the issue already.
    There were very serious concerns with the previous owner of the service and unfortunately our abuse team overlooked the fact the service had changed of ownership in the interim. This is a rare occurrence and our abuse team sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience caused to this user.
    Hope this clarifies.

• Kids, this is why you shouldn't day drink.

OP, happy to hear that it got resolved. Good on you @OVH_APAC

• All’s well that ends well?
    Can the title of the thread be changed??
    Mods??

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

@vyas11 said:
    All’s well that ends well?
    Mods??

Not sure there's anything that needs changed in the title. OVH clearly made a serious mistake, which is reflected in the title?

It is lucky that OP's data hadn't been removed yet.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2020

@jackb said:

@vyas11 said:
    All’s well that ends well?
    Mods??

Not sure there's anything that needs changed in the title. OVH clearly made a serious mistake, which is reflected in the title?

It is lucky that OP's data hadn't been removed yet.

Ah, I see the point. While it appears OP’s matter is getting resolved, Original problem statement still remains...

• Been with OVH for 8 years i believe and i've yet to encounter serious issues. Aside from the crappy ddos protection (those internal unfiltered attacks) i've nothing to complain about. Will most likely renew in the spring when my term is up and if i still got the money for it.

Thanked by 1OVH_APAC
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@LTniger said: Billions was lost and major law suite is a must. /s

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendlols-billions-per-hour/