Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrong or right? Bandwidth fraud, Russian provider towwwer.host, your opinion?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wrong or right? Bandwidth fraud, Russian provider towwwer.host, your opinion?

A new provider from Russia offers a package of 50 rubles. According to the page description, its bandwidth is 1Gbps!

Fraud by Russian provider towwwer.host

But when you buy, you will find that its bandwidth is only 10Mbps. This is not due to network congestion, but the provider has set the maximum speed to 1220kib/sec

Another point, in all purchases of this package, not all have this limit set, some of them do not have this limit

In response, the merchant replied that it is obvious to set the minimum speed for the minimum package

Regarding this statement, when posting this post, in order to find any instructions on their website

However, according to this isp system, it is obvious that this is not the lowest speed but the highest speed

What do you think of this behavior?

In order to attract buyers to label large bandwidth, the provider actually limits the bandwidth to 1%. Is it correct? Or is it wrong?

Comments

• In addition, for the test VPS provided by this provider, they are 1Gbps
    https://poiskvps.ru/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=861

• Seriously? do you get at least something for this money?) and thanks for that!

• You expect 1Gbps unmetered for $0.60/m?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @hzr said:
    You expect 1Gbps unmetered for $0.60/m?

Please check this article
    https://poiskvps.ru/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=861

They do not limit the test VPS provided to the website

This is intentional behavior

• @Yuriy said:
    Seriously? do you get at least something for this money?) and thanks for that!

Money not important, 50 rubles can only take the metro once in St. petersburg
    upset about this type of fraud,I am curious about what the provider will do next
    post articles, for this kind of intentional behavior, I am happy to do SEO for them

In my opinion, the provider can mark 1Gbps and distribute it to 100000+ users

But it cannot indicate 1Gbps but secretly limits 10Mbps

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I can't find that offer. The cheapest I find is 145 rubles/mo. As for a test server their FAQ clearly states that they do not offer .test servers.
    Re the 10 Gb/s and unlimited traffic, that's a marketing trick I've seen often, e.g. on blade based nodes where the whole system (with e.g. 14 blades) has a 10 Gb/s connection but they create the impression that every VPS is 10 Gb/s connected. That's sad and ugly but at least in quite a few countries not criminal.

Plus, @hzr nailed it well.

• Maybe they meant the node speed is 1Gb/s, because unmetered bandwidth with that speed for 0.7$ :) that's not possible.

• 50 RUR is 0.56 EUR. For 512 MB RAM... The hell with that Gbps port. I'll take it with 10Mbps! Thank you.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • IMO, whatever the pricing is (even if it's free), they should clarify that they are limiting to 10Mbps, especially since they wrote 1Gbps on the product page

Thanked by 2Aidan uzaysan
  • @jsg said:
    I can't find that offer. The cheapest I find is 145 rubles/mo. As for a test server their FAQ clearly states that they do not offer .test servers.
    Re the 10 Gb/s and unlimited traffic, that's a marketing trick I've seen often, e.g. on blade based nodes where the whole system (with e.g. 14 blades) has a 10 Gb/s connection but they create the impression that every VPS is 10 Gb/s connected. That's sad and ugly but at least in quite a few countries not criminal.

Plus, @hzr nailed it well.

In this regard, my understanding is that this node is connected to 1Gbps of bandwidth. As for how much VPS is allocated for this 1Gbps bandwidth, this is not the point. I have explained that it can even be allocated to 100000+vps, but it is in the system Limit the speed to 10Mbps, which is contrary to 1Gbps, they should indicate 10Mbps

• Update on the incident

In order to prevent more people from discovering that they secretly limit bandwidth

This provider has hidden the bandwidth limit information on the panel

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I don't get why people on LET say, its only 50 cents, what did you expect. If a company advertises something, and they don't provide what they advertise, that is a problem. It doesn't matter what the price is. Lying is lying.

• 10Mpbs, isnt this the speed of oracle free tier?
    Oracle giving 2 compute vm for free @10Mbps, why spend a dime for this?

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited September 2020

Are you a dumb or acting like one on purpose? OP is saying the provider is engaging in false advertising, not fucking about the price or asks for your opinion on it.

Thanked by 2kkrajk TimboJones
  • @jamespeach said:
    I don't get why people on LET say, its only 50 cents, what did you expect. If a company advertises something, and they don't provide what they advertise, that is a problem. It doesn't matter what the price is. Lying is lying.

Yes, i don't understand

Let us suppose

Let us suppose a very beautiful woman, at night, she dressed very beautifully, on the way home, he was raped by a bad guy

Should we blame this woman for being too beautiful?

For those who say "50 rubles, what to expect", I hope they can assume this woman as their own mother, and then think about this question

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@NutterChen said: Let us suppose a very beautiful woman, at night, she dressed very beautifully, on the way home, he was raped by a bad guy

• edited September 2020

@NutterChen said:

@jamespeach said:
    I don't get why people on LET say, its only 50 cents, what did you expect. If a company advertises something, and they don't provide what they advertise, that is a problem. It doesn't matter what the price is. Lying is lying.

Yes, i don't understand

Let us suppose

Let us suppose a very beautiful woman, at night, she dressed very beautifully, on the way home, he was raped by a bad guy

For those who say "50 rubles, what to expect", I hope they can assume this woman as their own mother, and then think about this question

The fuck???
    Did you just compare a 50 cent VPS to a woman being raped?

You need to calm your titties.

• Indeed, the comparison with rape is way off.

However, opening post is correct, not because of 50 rubles VPS, but because it's fake advertising, intended misinformation, and lies. Such dishonest provider can never be trusted.

Thanked by 2kkrajk TimboJones
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited September 2020

@NutterChen said: This provider has hidden the bandwidth limit information on the panel

And now this is conspiracy to defraud. Let's dig deeper.

1. No visible contacts of company. A sign to think twice before order;
    2. Domain registered: 2020-05-06;
    3. Fraudulent intentions confirmed in another Russian review(?) forum https://poiskvps.ru/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=860 (there is english bits);
    4. Price is less than 0.60USD -- that is 2 to 5 times cheaper than IP address alone, not to mention other resources;
    5. Misleading advertisement masking to evade confrontation with non-comfortable facts (a.k.a the Trump move);

Let's make some _ASS_umptions:

• Very likely to be a classic "hit&run" schema;
    • Credentials harvesting (if you entered credit card details - GG);

I might be to dramatic, paranoid or plain and simple stupid, who knows, but I would better host my ISO's with cociu than this, thought price point is mouth watering.

Thanked by 2pedagang MarshalChe
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited September 2020

@NutterChen said:

@jamespeach said:

Yes, i don't understand

Let us suppose

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @default said:
    Indeed, the comparison with rape is way off.

However, opening post is correct, not because of 50 rubles VPS, but because it's fake advertising, intended misinformation, and lies. Such dishonest provider can never be trusted.

Maybe this assumption is incorrect, I just want to remind some people that we should solve the most fundamental problem

The provider will provide the marked 1Gbps bandwidth to 100000 VPS

Or Provides a trademark that 1Gbps bandwidth is secretly limited to 10Mbps

These are two different things. For the previous situation, I can accept it, I think it’s just unknown

For the latter case, this is fraud

Our problem is that this provider practices fraud

Instead of "50 rubles, what do you expect"

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

You have a way to much time, get a better hobby.

• better hobby is read LET like this :D

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @forces said:
    10Mpbs, isnt this the speed of oracle free tier?
    Oracle giving 2 compute vm for free @10Mbps, why spend a dime for this?

50Mbps for Oracle, but funny you should mention that, since the Oracle limit is "0.48 Gbps". I haven't bothered to contact Oracle to ask wtf, I already think they're incompetent.

• latest progress

This provider has escaped

• @NutterChen said:
    latest progress

This provider has escaped

he's up again. Little hint: at the bottom page is a switch language button :-)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@jamespeach said:

We are not in 80s anymore. In 2020, people do whatever they can get money from fools.
    You simply cannot trust what "a company" says nowadays.

I usually dislike when a host here says "we" when it's just himself.

• The latest information, this provider may belong to intersect.host

• Yeah really don't like people saying that cheap = misinformation good in this thread. There are advertising practices that should be followed.