Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cyberpanel vs DirectAdmin personal license for wordpress site.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cyberpanel vs DirectAdmin personal license for wordpress site.

hey there, I am looking for your personal opinion on what kind of setup is best for woocommerce/wordpress along with blesta site for a hosting provider.
i have a vps with 2gig ram and 2 cores.

I googled about cyberpanel, its free and comes with OpenLiteSpeed and has all the basic features required to maintain vps + site. but i read in few places that it has security issues.

on the other hand we have direct admin personal license which costs 24$/yr. i had past user experience with directadmin but i am not aware of its maintenance.

I have very little time on my current provider renewal and i need to transfer 39 clients to my new reseller and recreate my basic site on another vps. i am confused as i dont want any security issues occurring later. main concern is security and speed.

if anyone can share pros and cons on Cyberpanel or DirectAdmin please feel free to do so. your opinion will help me take a good decision. thanks.

which panel do you think is better?
  1. which panel do you think is better?37 votes
    1. CyberPanel
      24.32%
    2. DirectAdmin
      51.35%
    3. Other
      24.32%

Comments

• This is an unfair comparison. Directadmin is far more mature than cyberpanel.

• @elliotc said:
    This is an unfair comparison. Directadmin is far more mature than cyberpanel.

i am not experienced with any of them. i know cpanel but that got shit load of expensive. and i saw at openlitespeed site that wordpress is like 100 times more faster with them, i am not sure if i can install that with direct admin. as i said i am looking for security and speed

• other
    virtualmin

Thanked by 2fahim5001 ederlezi
  • @pedagang said:
    other
    virtualmin

i thought about this one, but last stable version was released 18 months ago which worried about any security issue, let me know if you got any good detailed review about this one

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • pedagangpedagang Member
    edited September 2020

Virtualmin Change Log
    Version 6.12 (22nd August 2020)

sorry no review
    even on free DA or cpanel, I still choose virtualmin

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2020

Currently running WP/WC on DirectAdmin with same VPS spec. (Inception Hosting).
    Performance is good, though I've still to tune stuff and I run Apache alone, without the performance boost of ngnix reverse proxy (by choice).

(in another post, I accidentally screwed stuff up, deleting that WP/WC instance and managed to restore quickly with no issues.)

Thanked by 1fahim5001
  • Consider hostwp.net for your wordpress fix ;)

• Do you really need another panel? If you use openlitespeed, it provides a pretty handy panel out-of-the-box. Wordpress can be automatically installed in a click using https://openlitespeed.org/kb/1-click-install/.

Thanked by 2fahim5001 Abd
  • Keyhelp all the way!!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dedipromo said:
    Do you really need another panel? If you use openlitespeed, it provides a pretty handy panel out-of-the-box. Wordpress can be automatically installed in a click using https://openlitespeed.org/kb/1-click-install/.

agreed :D B) VIVA OpenSource

• @HyperK9 said:
    Keyhelp all the way!!

clue is enough

• You can't use directadmin personal license for 39 clients.

• @fahim5001 said:
    hey there, I am looking for your personal opinion on what kind of setup is best for woocommerce/wordpress along with blesta site for a hosting provider.
    i have a vps with 2gig ram and 2 cores.

I googled about cyberpanel, its free and comes with OpenLiteSpeed and has all the basic features required to maintain vps + site. but i read in few places that it has security issues.

on the other hand we have direct admin personal license which costs 24$/yr. i had past user experience with directadmin but i am not aware of its maintenance.

I have very little time on my current provider renewal and i need to transfer 39 clients to my new reseller and recreate my basic site on another vps. i am confused as i dont want any security issues occurring later. main concern is security and speed.

if anyone can share pros and cons on Cyberpanel or DirectAdmin please feel free to do so. your opinion will help me take a good decision. thanks.

hosting company watching directadmin as cpanel alternative there is no comparison with cyber panel.

• @LTniger said:
    Consider hostwp.net for your wordpress fix ;)

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Currently running WP/WC on DirectAdmin with same VPS spec. (Inception Hosting).
    Performance is good, though I've still to tune stuff and I run Apache alone, without the performance boost of ngnix reverse proxy (by choice).

(in another post, I accidentally screwed stuff up, deleting that WP/WC instance and managed to restore quickly with no issues.)

I get you guys but my project is location based and i found a local data center with less than 3ms ping overall in the whole country with 500mbps local unmetered bandwidth, so i will have to stick with this

• @dedipromo said:
    Do you really need another panel? If you use openlitespeed, it provides a pretty handy panel out-of-the-box. Wordpress can be automatically installed in a click using https://openlitespeed.org/kb/1-click-install/.

well, one of the main reasons being is the SSL setup which is a pain in the ass tbh. I currently have serverpilot grandfather plan and that was simple enough for what i need, but since I am expanding i need the extra features like emails and ftp easily manageable. having a panel will make things easy as i dont work much with cli

• @yokowasis said:
    You can't use directadmin personal license for 39 clients.

no, I have another reseller plan from a provider for that. I want to host my main site separately so if my reseller goes down or any problem with that hosting my main site will be still up

• CyberPanel (39 Vulnerabilities) report by rack911
    i never use cyberpanel, so i can't comment
    i leave vestacp many years ago, not recomended

virtualmin 15 vuln, but I believe the developer, jamie cameron knows what to do
    and offcourse hardening by myself, php.ini, fail2ban... etc

i am not IT man, can not explain, just trust virtualmin

Thanked by 1fahim5001
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@fahim5001 said: direct admin personal license which costs 24$/yr

BuyVM gives DA free with all KVM plans. So for $7/mo you could have a 2GB VPS + DA.

Thanked by 2pedagang fahim5001
  • @raindog308 said:

@fahim5001 said: direct admin personal license which costs 24$/yr

BuyVM gives DA free with all KVM plans. So for $7/mo you could have a 2GB VPS + DA.

i know that, but as i mentioned earlier i am going with a local data center hosting provider which has 3ms ping average from all over the country i am targeting. and buyvm services are amazing but their closest server to my location is 200-220ms ping. on top of that my chosen datacenter is connected with local internet exchange and they are hosting DNS server for the country level domain which i will be using. so according to my experience this makes the dns name resolve process almost 99% faster then any other thing i go with. i want my clients to hit enter and see my fully loaded page, something like google amp.

and for everyone, i have decided to go with direct admin as it is older and with more support features. i can google and know about something when other panel is not much popular and lacks support documentation.

Thank you all. if anyone has any good tutorial on how to use OPENLITESPEED with DIRECTADMIN then do share, will be a great help.