Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cooling solutions for an i9 10900k in preferably a 1U form factor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cooling solutions for an i9 10900k in preferably a 1U form factor

CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
edited September 2020 in Help

Hey,

Looking to build a prototype for a i9 10900k that fits in to a 1U. Going to be using it as a gaming server with some pretty demanding games running on it. Got any recommendations you've got when it comes to this?

Comments

• Wait the 3080ti.

• @elliotc said:
    Wait the 3080ti.

I believe he means game servers

• if this is for something personal and not something to mass scale id recommend just setting up a custom water cooled loop. can easily fit everything in 1u case with right parts.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@james50a said:
    if this is for something personal and not something to mass scale id recommend just setting up a custom water cooled loop. can easily fit everything in 1u case with right parts.

Yup, though you'd be stuck with having to take it down to service it every so often, as well the increased risk of leaks compared to an AIO. I was recommended a Dynatron L3 which seems to be the best option up till now.

• @CConner said:
    Yup, though you'd be stuck with having to take it down to service it every so often, as well the increased risk of leaks compared to an AIO.

The AIO pump will die before you have to service the custom loop. I have build my custom loop 16 years ago with a eheim and didn't take it apart ever since. All i have done in that time was to remove dust from the radiator and to install new mainboards and CPUs, sadly i have to use zip ties because the CPU block is so old that there are no mounting kits for newer sockets anymore.
    After 16 years my reservoir is still 1/4 full. So in conclusion: That custom loop will remain with a good pump and tubing for a longer time maintainance free than you want to keep the hardware it will cool.