Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apparently @Hosterlabs got caught for selling DDoS attacks & using them against webhost forums.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apparently @Hosterlabs got caught for selling DDoS attacks & using them against webhost forums.

stefemanstefeman Member
edited September 2020 in General

Monday drama time.

Im gonna quote a guy named Papi#5947 that brought this story to LET Discord.

Here's it unfiltered. Make your own judgements.

Hi guys, please beware of HosterLabs - They got kicked from one of the largest Spanish forums (Forobeta) because the owner of HosterLabs got angry because the mods removed him from the "business section" which is where Hosts, freelancers, etc. are able to post their products, services, offerings, etc.

They removed him because he broke the rules in three (3) separate ocations, in which stated by the rules, which every user accepts when registering, that when you get 3 warning the user is removed from the "business section" for a period of time.

More context: The user stated in previous threads that he is able to DDoS and find the IP's through various methods when webs are using CloudFlare/Sucuri. (Here's proof: https://i.imgur.com/nzXifNS.png) The direct translation is: "If you can provide me the IP and the time you want it (website) off I'll charge $25 - Then he says "I have IP 217.X.X.X - Then he says "Ya (the website) is off - for how long you want it off)

Then on this capture, he rants about him being the one keeping ForoBeta offline (https://i.imgur.com/ocCUeZb.png) - They don't have the same username but his Forobeta username is Jacobo and this one is Jo (short for Jacobo) "I am the one responsible for keeping the forum off (offline). It is so funny to me that they have tried everything to migrate (the attack), by changing IP's, changing from Sucuri to CloudFlare. The worst part is that they say that it was a migration that went wrong".

The admin of Forobeta said that they were migrating to a new server, hence the forum was offline. Now, out of nowhere (according to the admin they kept the attack quiet but Jacobo a.k.a HosterLabs a.k.a Jo told him directly "P.D: It is great that the DDoS has been resolved" (https://i.imgur.com/wspCcOt.png)

Forobeta Admin: "I decided to handle the attack privately, nobody knew anything about it, all the time I mentioned that it was a migration. We never said it was a DDoS attack to anybody."

Immediately of the Admin (Carlos) making the thread (https://forobeta.com/temas/empresa-que-esta-atacando-al-foro-hosterlabs.785747/) stating the facts and his findings he immediately (Jacobo - Hosterlabs) removes the LEGAL section from his website, in which the Terms of Service the name of the owner could be found - coincidence enough? - Web archive to the rescue.

TL:DR - Owner of HosterLabs got angry because he got punished because he broke the rules too many times, he DDoS's the popular Spanish forum ForoBeta, hides his identity by removing the Terms of Service and all the Legal section of the footer of his website. Moves on to LowendTalk.

Here's the english version of the thread: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=https://forobeta.com/temas/empresa-que-esta-atacando-al-foro-hosterlabs.785747/&prev=search

Here's also link between the usernames:

Though its worth pointing out that theres no clear link between Jacobo and Jo usernames.. But the rest of the story checks out and supports the theory that theyre one and same person.

Thanked by 1lentro

Comments

• @Hosterlabs Nice provider tag xD

• Domain Whois set to private now? xD

• LET doesn't care, we want to actively promote scammers here. At least thats whats happening right now, see hostfactor and cycloneservers recent unbans.

We really did need a liar nulled software distributor with fake reviews, and a shiller bank in the community. I wonder who got paid to unban them...

• @stefeman said:
    @Hosterlabs Nice provider tag xD

Look at his avatar XD

Thanked by 1Hosterlabs
  • Hello,

I am really sorry about the confusion in all this. By no means are we scammers and never have we sold any DDoS attacks to anyone. This is a lash back from the owner after legal retaliation for defamation and moral damage. I got an email from a lawyer trying to intimidate, posting personal Data, making threats and more. I rather take the situation personally rather than make any drama. The threats are indeed real, as you know I reside in Mexico. I have received threats and the owner of the forum got angry because I told him his site was attacked. Which is obvious, as an experienced system administrator I can tell when a website is being attacked.

By no means have we made any DDoS attacks from our servers. Neither would we use it to lash back to anyone. The anger seemed to come because I criticized the way the forum was being run. Where people sold free accounts for 30$ , which by my moral standards, is simply a scam. I got indeed banned for 2 days for publicly criticizing the scam. But at no point was I interested in making a DDoS attack,

It is honestly very easy to see one side of the story and it is obvious that the owner of which forum is really reactive and prone to attack. I thought myself that was a very toxic community, where freedom of expression was not allowed. Yes there are rules, but to what extent can you allow people to sell free stuff? It might be the business, but to alert people about a possible scam should not be shut up neither here nor anywhere. So i appreciate you have posted this here so i can try to make the situation somewhat clear.

I rather not continue talking about the drama because I received real threats for something I did not do and something Hosterlabs is not involved in. So to not add fire to the situation, I will just say I am considering taking legal action against the owner of which forum, in any case, that would not be publicly available. This message seems to be made public just after I made my intent clear to her lawyer that I was considering taking legal action, that I was asking for

1. A public apology
    2. Removal of threats against my person or family
    3. Removal of any identifiable personal information as per privacy policy.

It just seems this guy wants to destroy me for something I clearly did not do. I honestly repúdiate that behavior and I would not wish that on anyone. Seriously guys, this is not an easy situation. I want to handle it privately. Although it seems it is something that is going to stuck with the company name and with me personally.

I just ask you to think, why would anyone say that now? Not when we posted for the first time? Is the timing a coincidence? Is he trying to stop me from taking legal action by threatening me more ?

I do not think me or the company have to defend ourselves on the public’ s eye but that would be for a court to decide. I would not like to go through the legal hassle of doing so. I understand that there is all kinds of people in this world. And what he is doing is actually a federal crime in Mexico and in many other countries. But I do not want to see his house on fire, like he wants to see me destroyed. Unfortunately, there is people that is just not mature. They want vengeance, to destroy people. I do not wish for that, if i ever went to court, i would like for him to think about what he is doing. I would not want money, for him to be in prison or for him to be fined up to 1,000$ for data privacy breach, clearly stated on his websites privacy policy.

I would not trust a forum that is capable of generating evidence, creating private messages, publishing IP’s and private information. And encouraging a community to look for a particular individual. I myself, would focus not to find the perpetrator, but to actually improve my systems. To improve safety and reliability rather than to go after anyone in front of you.

As an outsider it might be easy to chose who is to blame. You do not have the facts, you are not in that position. But I would suggest him to leave it. And well, i know you will have a lot of fun, as this is drama. I just appreciate this forum has rules against doxxing, hate speech, threats, etc..

Although i should not have to explain who i am, i am who i am. I am a strong believer of morality and ethics. Care about the environment and I go through my promises as said on our website. I was planning on donating approximately 10,000 MXN in December from the profits we have made so far, for kids to recieve toys in christmas. I truly believe in what I say.

I have not expanded to another location with our services, because I can not ensure our providers are 100% energy renewable. I am 100% transparent in almost every aspect, you can check on the website. I try to sell what i say i sell, I post support ticket wait times regularly, node specifications, locations, resources, etc.. i am 100% transparent and try to be as open as possibly on each service we provide. You can check benchmarks which have a warning that they should not be taken as reference points, speeds of the servers at regular times. I try always to be as transparent as i can be, as honest as possible with the services we provide and to go through what i say.

I am very flexible with my customers, treat them with respect and try to answer as quickly as possible. Be it a Saturday night I will always wake up and check e-mails all the time. I am 100% transparent when service is down and i explain thoroughly what has been done and the reasons for it. Unfortunately, i never force customers nor encourage them to post reviews about our service. That is why you might not hear from us a lot. And also, because we are merely starting.

I just truly hope you are more educated than the people from Spanish speaking countries.

Best Regards.

Thanked by 2Droidzone kkrajk
  • @Frameworks said:

@stefeman said:
    @Hosterlabs Nice provider tag xD

Look at his avatar XD

Sorry i thanked that by mistake. Oh the other hand, the avatar is the default one from let. I have not changed it yet.

Best Regards.

• @Hosterlabs said: I just truly hope you are more educated than the people from Spanish speaking countries.

This have grain of racism, isn't it? Man, just delete account here. Don't inflate drama.

• I myself am from a Spanish speaking country. Not racism intended.

Best regards.

• @LTniger said:

@Hosterlabs said: I just truly hope you are more educated than the people from Spanish speaking countries.

This have grain of racism, isn't it? Man, just delete account here. Don't inflate drama.

Do you even know what racism means?

Thanked by 2boernd 0xbkt
  • @serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

@Hosterlabs said: I just truly hope you are more educated than the people from Spanish speaking countries.

Nope, can you teach me about it?

• @LTniger said:

@serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

Sure.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

At best it was xenophobic. But it could have been something lost in translation more than anything.

• @serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

@serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

Sure.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

At best it was xenophobic. But it could have been something lost in translation more than anything.

Whats xenophobic? Afraid of alien?

• @yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

@serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

Sure.

Whats xenophobic? Afraid of alien?

I don't even know anymore. As soon as someone doesn't like something it becomes either racist or xenophobic instantly. Kids these days...

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • pedagangpedagang Member
    edited September 2020

what is @stefeman achieve? drama?

• @Hosterlabs said:
    I am very flexible with my customers, treat them with respect and try to answer as quickly as possible. Be it a Saturday night I will always wake up and check e-mails all the time. I am 100% transparent when service is down and i explain thoroughly what has been done and the reasons for it. Unfortunately, i never force customers nor encourage them to post reviews about our service. That is why you might not hear from us a lot. And also, because we are merely starting.

I just truly hope you are more educated than the people from Spanish speaking countries.

Sounds sincere and believable.

• pedagangpedagang Member
    edited September 2020

in a truthful way
    as CJNG family

Thanked by 1pkr
  • debaserdebaser Member
    edited September 2020

@LTniger said:

@serv_ee said:

@LTniger said:

Your shameless avatar makes me think you're not lying about not knowing what racism is.

• @debaser said:
    Your shameless avatar makes me think you're not lying about not knowing what racism is.

I'am from Nigeria and is there anything wrong with the avatar?

• I'am from Nigeria and is there anything wrong with the avatar?

hi there, i am from indonesia, .. please enjoy the pop corn

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I seem to remember something in the Community Rules about discussion of racism derailing threads, etc.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Don't worry @Hosterlabs, no need to explain. Cybercrime is allowed in this forum anyway.