Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help needed with a Workstation PC!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help needed with a Workstation PC!

Hi, I have recently bought Dell T3610 with Intel Xeon e5-2660 processor and 16GB Ram. However, I am experiencing some problems with Windows 10. At first I had Installed Windows 10 2004 version but my cpu would sometimes shoot to 100% even when idle and when I would move my cursor it would freeze instantly or show up some bsod error messages and I would have to reboot. Then, I switched to Windows 10 version 1903 and disabled fast startup in Windows settings and Speedstep from the bios. I have checked my hardware from Passmark software but there seems to be no issue with that and I have installed the latest drivers from the official websites. After changing these settings it did help not to shoot the cpu quickly after startup but even then sometimes it would randomly freeze or my mouse gets stuck but the cpu does not shoot. Can anyone please help me with this?

I know that this forum is not for this but I thought someone might have had faced that issue and would be able to help me :smile:

Thanking in Advance.

Comments

• Change your HDD into SSD.

• @yokowasis said:
    Change your HDD into SSD.

It is already Samsung 850 Pro SSD. I have no HDD.

• Well, you should find what software cause the 100% cpu. I have e3 windows 10 2004 on my work station and it works just fine.

• @yokowasis said:
    Well, you should find what software cause the 100% cpu. I have e3 windows 10 2004 on my work station and it works just fine.

Lol, talk about not starting with step 1.

• If it's fresh install, sometimes windows update can cause this problem. Just wait 1-2 days.
    After this if the problem still exist you can stop some services. For this, you can check the features of "windows 10 performance edition" in some forums.

• jokoyojokoyo Member
    edited September 2020

@ederlezi said:
    If it's fresh install, sometimes windows update can cause this problem. Just wait 1-2 days.

I have Windows Updates Disabled on my System. But I have also tested Windows 10 1809 with Latest Cumulative Update installed and I had the same problem with that as well.

• The .NET assemblies get compiled at some point after installation and can take a while. See what is causing the CPU usage - if it is ngen.exe then it should be a temporary thing.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

When your computer starts freezing, if you can peak into the resource Monitor to see what is causing CPU usage or any other kind of high usage then it may help in troubleshooting.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

If it is a clean install of windows, I am inclined to check your cpu temperature, make sure your cooling is not failing for any reason which can cause freezing. If it isnt that, make sure to run a memory test since bad memory might cause freezing and blue screens. Double check and make sure your drive isnt failing while younare at it. Then if all that seems fine, then I would focus on looking more into if software might be the culprit.

• @Saahib said:
    When your computer starts freezing, if you can peak into the resource Monitor to see what is causing CPU usage or any other kind of high usage then it may help in troubleshooting.

It is just the System Process Mostly

• @risharde said:
    If it is a clean install of windows, I am inclined to check your cpu temperature, make sure your cooling is not failing for any reason which can cause freezing. If it isnt that, make sure to run a memory test since bad memory might cause freezing and blue screens. Double check and make sure your drive isnt failing while younare at it. Then if all that seems fine, then I would focus on looking more into if software might be the culprit.

I ranges from 40-65 degree celcius

• Thank you all for your suggestions and comments, my problem is now solved after I swapped my Ram modules. Don't know the reason behind it but I had been running Memtest86 and I was showing errors previously but after swapping I don't what happened and there is no error now and my system is working as good as ever. :)

• @jokoyo said:
    Thank you all for your suggestions and comments, my problem is now solved after I swapped my Ram modules. Don't know the reason behind it but I had been running Memtest86 and I was showing errors previously but after swapping I don't what happened and there is no error now and my system is working as good as ever. :)

Serenity Now!