Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which providers use OnApp?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which providers use OnApp?

In light of the recent interview with OnApp founder here: https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview-ditlev-bredahl-ceo-of-onapp/ this quote stood out to me "+95% of our revenue comes from service providers." yet I have not seen a single provider or any popular name on here or anywhere else using OnApp. I am sure it is just me though so I thought I ask the question, can you guys list some providers that are actually using OnApp? I would love to check them out.

Comments

• they wont be low end priced considering how mcuh onapp charge per core

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hzr said:
    they wont be low end priced considering how mcuh onapp charge per core

This.

That fancy new Ryzen 3900x will have $120.00/month in licensing on top of your other costs.

Francisco

• I understand, it's not really about budget or not, I was just wondering who are these providers?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We are using OnApp for our HA cloud products.

• Awesome! Thank you for sharing, I will check it out.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I believe CloudCone is based on OnApp. Based on some of their advertisement tags I've seen.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Also QuadraNet's InfraCloud product line is deployed with OnApp https://www.quadranet.com/infracloud - worth considering. If you're really after a provider with "OnApp".

Thanked by 2stewdetox ditlev
  • Will check them out as well, thank you!

• domflow.it

Thanked by 2stewdetox vimalware
  • Innoscale uses OnApp

Thanked by 1stewdetox
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

As high as that seems, it's not the highest price I've ever seen. There's one company that literally charges $8k/month per physical node.

That makes OnApp seem like peanuts.

• TravTrav Member
    edited September 2020

Steadfast uses OnApp for their cloud hosting.

Thanked by 1stewdetox
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Guru / UKDedicated

Thanked by 1stewdetox
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2020

We used Onapp when it first came out. But shifted to solusvm due to onapp costs being too high. Plus it was a bit buggy when it first came out. To fix some of the bugs we would of had to rebuild the entire thing from the group up. It just didn't make sense cost wise in a sub $5/mo vps world.

Thanked by 1stewdetox
  • ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

Here and here great places to find OnApp clouds. Also, if you run OnApp and you'd like to be listed there, let me know :)

Re our pricing at OnApp, there's a good thread here, where we discuss alternative and fairer ways to charge for hosting platforms.

What we did not talk about in that thread are the start-up costs. IE. the minimum CAPEX/OPEX to get your cloud up and running. At OnApp we've been at +1k/mo as a minimum fee AND you needed quite a beefy serverpart to get going.

This year that will all change.

:)
    D

Thanked by 2Cloudcone hanoi
  • With the pricing they would charge, does this really qualify for LET? I've seen a few over the years, but the prices have always been insane.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

We use OnApp for all our cloud server products, along with our managed private cloud offerings (https://cloudcone.com/private-cloud/ , not LowEnd) :smiley:

Thanked by 1ditlev

@Cloudcone said:
    We use OnApp for all our cloud server products, along with our managed private cloud offerings (https://cloudcone.com/private-cloud/ , not LowEnd) :smiley:

Thanks @Cloudcone
    So both your LET offerings are your private cloud offerings are based on OnApp?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

@ditlev said:

@Cloudcone said:

Thanks @Cloudcone

Can you please share your pricing structure and documentation for Onapp?

And is there any trail available for testing Onapp?

Because we contacted Onapp few years ago and your sales teams behaved like zombie and have no clear answer for pricing.

We may consider to move few of our servers. And may increase in future if services are stable and affordable for us.

Edited: You can also PM me for more information

edited September 2020

Can you please share your pricing structure and documentation for Onapp?

Sure!
    Our pricing structure is fairly simple. We price per physical CPU core/month. Depending on the size of installation we go from $12/core/month all the way down to $6.60/core/month depending on size of deployment and commitment.
    Very large installs (+10k cores) will typically have site licenses at significantly lower flat/unmetered prices. We have no setup fees or additional cost for support etc.

New pricemodels are coming though, so these prices may change significantly (for new partners/customers).

And is there any trail available for testing Onapp?

We have POC's available...

Because we contacted Onapp few years ago and your sales teams behaved like zombie and have no clear answer for pricing.

Argh, ok - well, much has changed over the last few years... And I am on [email protected] at anytime. Feel free to reach out to me if you've got questions.

We may consider to move few of our servers. And may increase in future if services are stable and affordable for us.

Sounds good!

Edited: You can also PM me for more information

It's fine, I do not mind pricing being public here :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ditlev said: We have POC's available...

Slavery's been banned for a long time, friend.

Francisco

Thanked by 1ditlev

@ditlev said:

@Cloudcone said:

Thanks @Cloudcone

Yes @ditlev in other words, we only use OnApp :wink:

However, our customer experience is driven by our in house client area software, customers are not presented with an OnApp UI login.

• @Cloudcone said: However, our customer experience is driven by our in house client area software, customers are not presented with an OnApp UI login.

And this panel is one of the best in the market. It's simple and elegant. @ditlev you won't be disappointed by it.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone

@Cloudcone said:

@ditlev said:

@Cloudcone said:

Thanks @Cloudcone

Yes @ditlev in other words, we only use OnApp :wink:

However, our customer experience is driven by our in house client area software, customers are not presented with an OnApp UI login.

Would love to do a case study with you guys - you have many many thousand VM's on the OnApp platform, would be good to learn more about your setup.

@sdglhm said:

@Cloudcone said: However, our customer experience is driven by our in house client area software, customers are not presented with an OnApp UI login.

And this panel is one of the best in the market. It's simple and elegant. @ditlev you won't be disappointed by it.

Agree, it's a work of art :smile:

Thanked by 1Cloudcone

@ditlev said:
    Would love to do a case study with you guys - you have many many thousand VM's on the OnApp platform, would be good to learn more about your setup.

Sounds nice! Let me know how we can take part.

@sdglhm said:

Agree, it's a work of art :smile:

Appreciate the feedback! :smile: :heart:

@Cloudcone said:

@ditlev said:

We'll ping you directly :)

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@ditlev said: Our pricing structure is fairly simple. We price per physical CPU core/month. Depending on the size of installation we go from $12/core/month

Do you still charge for a minimum of 100 cores? Do cores from the control node count towards core count?

Interested to see the new pricing coming out though!

edited September 2020

@Mr_Tom said:

@ditlev said: Our pricing structure is fairly simple. We price per physical CPU core/month. Depending on the size of installation we go from $12/core/month

Do you still charge for a minimum of 100 cores? Do cores from the control node count towards core count?

Today we do, yes - but watch this space.
    EDIT: And no, the control node(s) cores are not counted.

Interested to see the new pricing coming out though!

:)
    D

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom

@Cloudcone said:

@ditlev said:

I hear you spoke with Steve today - thanks for taking the time :)