Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alipay + WHMCS banned because of credit feature!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alipay + WHMCS banned because of credit feature!

swedendedicatedswedendedicated Member, Host Rep

So we just received some complaints from customers being unable to pay using alipay, upon investigating we were told that alipay does not allow credit, top-up function on products. We tried to explain that it's not separate product and it only works with active orders but this was not enough.

My question now is, is it possible to disable the credit function for separate modules or for customers using alipay?

Do other providersd have experience with this or are we just unlucky?

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Yes, it's possible. You would need to create your own hook.

• I'm using Alipay provided by Stripe, but it looks normal and I can use it to top up balance

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

you should not use the Add Funds option anyway.

That system doesn't pass through any fraud checks so someone can slap whatever credit card they want on it and load up.

Francisco

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Francisco said:
    you should not use the Add Funds option anyway.

That system doesn't pass through any fraud checks so someone can slap whatever credit card they want on it and load up.

Francisco

Exactly, I agree. It doesn't (of course) come up as an order, so the only way to catch it is to closely monitor the transaction list within WHMCS on a daily basis.

We have it disabled as well, plus merchants don't like it enabled for various reasons including money laundering.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Yup as others said. Other merchants don't like it as well. So does our partner 2checkout.

• Alipay doesnt allow you to add "credits" they will terminate / suspend the entire account if they see such feature on. WHMCS module is likely helping you keep your account alive with Alipay.