Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone recommend the best system to manage multiple client VPSs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone recommend the best system to manage multiple client VPSs

charlie_ukcharlie_uk Member
edited September 2020 in Help

Hi everyone,

This is driving me crazy. I can't find quite the right solution on this forum, google, anywhere.
I have a VPS reseller account. I want to have a control panel monitor each of my clients VPS instances.

The client instances will mainly run WordPress so an OpenLiteSpeed, MariaDB, Php, Redis, Memcached, stack is required. I love CyberPanel but it's just not ready for prime time and there isn't multi-server support. Clients will probably want to set up mailboxes or at least mail forwarding. Also, they may need to add another app such as Vtiger, Weberp, who knows. Debian is preferable to Ubuntu, to lighten the load. Security (maybe a scanner), Firewall and Let's Encrypt are essential.

Would DirectAdmin be good for this? They do offer OLS and it's OLS that is so hard to find. DA is in my price bracket, if I read it right. Runcloud was ok but only Ubuntu and no OLS. Ploi, Forge, Serverpilot, are too pricey and Moss.sh is closing down, and none offer OLS.

Just to note, a photo heavy site on Runcloud's nginx/apache hybrid measured an average of 6 seconds on GTmatrix, but an average of 4 seconds on CyberPanel & OLS.

I hope this is clear, and someone has a good suggestion.

Thanks,

Charlie

Comments

• Directadmin doesn't offer an option to manage multiple instances simultaneously.

On top of everything you have mentioned, here's another one: https://serverly.net/ :)

• @seriesn said:
    Directadmin doesn't offer an option to manage multiple instances simultaneously.

On top of everything you have mentioned, here's another one: https://serverly.net/ :)

Thanks for the tip. It looks similar to Runcloud. It seems I will have to return to Runcloud and forget OLS for now, as DA was my last hope. Runcloud has no plans to integrate OLS or LS, which is disappointing.

• Runcloud might not come integrate OLS + LS because they have developed their own custom plugin called 'RunCache' for NGINX.

• charlie_ukcharlie_uk Member
    edited September 2020

@Abhishek_Kundu said:
    Runcloud might not come integrate OLS + LS because they have developed their own custom plugin called 'RunCache' for NGINX.

Hi @Abhishek_Kundu
    This sounds interesting. I guess it works well. Have you seen any deals online for Runcloud Business? Do they have deals sometimes?

• @charlie_uk said:

@Abhishek_Kundu said:
    Runcloud might not come integrate OLS + LS because they have developed their own custom plugin called 'RunCache' for NGINX.

Hi Abhishek,
    This sounds interesting. I guess it works well. Have you seen any deals online for Runcloud Business? Do they have deals sometimes?

They do come up with deals on BlackFriday & Cyber Monday for new users. I found a blog post on their website which is from 2018 but they provided a similar deal in 2019.

Expect something similar in 2020. But to grab the deal you need to wait.

• @Abhishek_Kundu said:

@charlie_uk said:

@Abhishek_Kundu said:

Hi Abhishek,

They do come up with deals on BlackFriday & Cyber Monday for new users. I found a blog post on their website which is from 2018 but they provided a similar deal in 2019.

Can't wait that long so must dive in now. Thanks for the info. You helped me make the decision to try RunCloud again.

Thanked by 1Abhishek_Kundu
  • @charlie_uk said:

@Abhishek_Kundu said:

@charlie_uk said:

@Abhishek_Kundu said:

Hi Abhishek,

Can't wait that long so must dive in now. Thanks for the info. You helped me make the decision to try RunCloud again.

You are welcome. :)