Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner AX41-NVMe- Hel1 available for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner AX41-NVMe- Hel1 available for transfer

Hello everybody :)

I have one server AX41-NVME available for transfer:

Server details:
* Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Hexa-Core
* RAM: 64GB DDR4
* Hard drives: 2x 512 NVMe
* Traffic: Unlimited.
* Invoiced Untile: 06/09/2020

In my current configuration, I still have 1 single IP’s (1 € / M), This additional configuration can also be adopted. That makes € 35 per month for the server.

I'm asking for Transfer fee =25€ / PayPal

Comments

• Without transfer fee, it was a good deal!

• The invoice date was two days ago? Do you want a transfer fee for a server that expired two days ago?

• @Malin said:
    The invoice date was two days ago? Do you want a transfer fee for a server that expired two days ago?

Yes, why not?

• Okay, good luck then!

• @MohamadSY said:

@Malin said:
    The invoice date was two days ago? Do you want a transfer fee for a server that expired two days ago?

Yes, why not?

How does that work @Hetzner_OL

• It's gone to @Vextro

• thank for the update

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @nagug -- It is possible to transfer a dedicated root server from one Hetzner customer to another without help from the Hetzner suport team. This is a nice way to save some money for both customers. Here's a quick guide for the steps customers can follow to do this:

Person A = current server owner
    Person B = future server owner

Steps for the transfer:
    0. Person A writes a message on LET or another forum, where they ask if anyone would like the server. There is also a "Marktplatz" (Marketplace) where customers can do this on our own customer discussion forum. If you look there "B" = "bieten" (someone offering a server) and "S" = "suchend" (someone searching for a server transfer). Person A and Person B communicate about the possible transfer until they reach an agreement.
    1. On Robot, Person A creates a transfer token for the correct server on their account.
    2. Using Robot, Person A sends the token to Person B.
    3. Person B goes to their account on Robot and enters the transfer token.
    4. Person A confirms that they agree to the transfer on Robot.

During the transfer, Robot will automatically delete any of the following that exist on Person A's server:

• access for additional admins
    • telephone passwords
    • checks for system monitoring
      If Person B wants to add these, they will need to do that on their own after the transfer is complete.

However, rDNS entries for the server will remain in place for Person B to use if they wish.

Nothing else on the server will change. Hetzner's support team will not install any new operating systems or delete any data.

All addons, IP addresses, etc. that are connected to the server will be included in the transfer. During the transfer process, Person B will see a full list on Robot of the addons included in the transfer.

To transfer a server, Person A must have had the server for at least 31 days, and they may not transfer a server that they have cancelled.

--Katie

• @Hetzner_OL I think @nagug hasn't been asking about the transfer process itself rather than how this is possible with an 'expired' server. as a lot of people are not used to the contractual models around here, or even the difference between the billing date and service date in hetzners accounting I think it might help to clarify.

@nagug essentially services don't 'expire' with Hetzner. you are in a contract and supposed to pay for what you use. they'll invoice you for all service you have with them on a certain, single date of the month.
    so it can happen that you have a server billed for till 10th but the next invoice will appear only on the 20th. of course this invoice then will include your service from 10th till next month.

in terms of these kind of client2client transfer this simply means the receiver will get the bill for the server for the full unbilled period (from 10th in my example) regardless if the transfer maybe happend only on 15th f.i.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL nagug
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Falzo - Ah, I see. Yes, this aspect of our billing system can be very confusing. You're explanation of our system is a really good one. We should probably be paying you. ;)
    I hope Falzo's answer helps, @nagug. :) --Katie

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Thanks @Falzo ..that helped.