Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

did not know cpanel had a Solo license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

did not know cpanel had a Solo license

Man Just now noticed cpanel does have a solo license for only 15 dollars a month
How can I downgrade to solo license? is it possible. Will I have whm everything and just 1 site will work?

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020
    1. Just cancel your existing license and order the solo license
    2. Then execute this command using root to update license

/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt

Note: cPanel will not cancel the existing license instantly (After end of the month)

Also: The solo license VPS only so it may not work with dedicated server

Edited: And yes you will have all WHM features for single hosting account

• In my cpanel I have old mysql and php so it won't effect them?

• ok this is an actual case of welcome to lowendtalk technical support how may i be of assistance

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2020

cPanel has an army of a sales people, ready to answer questions. Just saying.

• @lowfan said:
    Man Just now noticed cpanel does have a solo license for only 15 dollars a month
    How can I downgrade to solo license? is it possible. Will I have whm everything and just 1 site will work?

I mean, at that point, switch over to Directadmin :)

• Upgrade to DirectAdmin.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @lowfan said: 15 dollars a month

$24 yearly directadmin :)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@donko said:

@lowfan said: 15 dollars a month

Or free with us (among others).

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@lowfan said:
    In my cpanel I have old mysql and php so it won't effect them?

You are updating only the license. Not upgrading the software itself so I don't think it will change anything.

Anyway, Directadmin is better choice for your single account, it will save lots of money

• Direct admin rocks

• Does DirectAdmin count the number of accounts, or number of domains? Seems like the cPanel Solo account is fine with one account with multiple domains, will that work with DA as well?
    Thanks.

• @donko said:

@lowfan said: 15 dollars a month

@isaacl said:
    Does DirectAdmin count the number of accounts, or number of domains? Seems like the cPanel Solo account is fine with one account with multiple domains, will that work with DA as well?
    Thanks.

No, directadmin is limited by domain. you cannot have 100 domain on single account. BUTTTTT. Many provider offer directadmin for free. Just search directadmin on Offer Section and pick your choice.

• @isaacl said:
    Does DirectAdmin count the number of accounts, or number of domains? Seems like the cPanel Solo account is fine with one account with multiple domains, will that work with DA as well?
    Thanks.

The DirectAdmin personal licence is one account with 10 domains and $24/y compared to cPanel Solo at $180. At that price you can get the Lite licence with 10 accounts and 50 domains.

However many providers offer the Standard licence for free which is unlimited accounts and domains.

• @LeonDynamic said:

@isaacl said:
    Thanks.

The DirectAdmin personal licence is one account with 10 domains and $24/y compared to cPanel Solo at $180. At that price you can get the Lite licence with 10 accounts and 50 domains.

However many providers offer the Standard licence for free which is unlimited accounts and domains.

I still do not know what does personal directadmin license do! I do not understand what it means to have 1 account and 10 domains. Are these 10 domains act the same way cpanel addon domains do? If yes I am not interested because I have heard cpanel addon domains are run in a way that if one domain is hacked all others will have security issues. Is it the same way? Do you have any screenshot?

• Why would you pay $15/Month for a single hosting account? :(

• @lowfan said:
    I still do not know what does personal directadmin license do! I do not understand what it means to have 1 account and 10 domains. Are these 10 domains act the same way cpanel addon domains do? If yes I am not interested because I have heard cpanel addon domains are run in a way that if one domain is hacked all others will have security issues. Is it the same way? Do you have any screenshot?

The 1 account means one log in, a user if you like. The 10 domains is example.com, example2.com, etc up to permitted 10. In effect the DA personal licence operates in the same way as cPanel Solo.

Yes, you are correct in that all the domains sit under the one user, the same as add on domains. If you want separate accounts you will need the Lite or Standard licence which allows you Zoo create multiple separate user accounts with individual log in.

Personally, I would pick you a VPS from BuyVM, Inception Hosting or others and get a full unrestricted DA licence for free.