Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM!

Comments

• How am I supposed to backup 800gb of data with my shit network? Have you considered that this is just not possible for some of your costumers @cociu ?

• @DarioX said: How am I supposed to backup 800gb of data with my shit network? Have you considered that this is just not possible for some of your costumers @cociu ?

if you have problem with the network just open a tiket , something is wrong there.

• @cociu said:

@DarioX said: How am I supposed to backup 800gb of data with my shit network? Have you considered that this is just not possible for some of your costumers @cociu ?

if you have problem with the network just open a tiket , something is wrong there.

I mean my local ISP is very bad. Hostsolutions network is fine. Taking a 800gb backup and restoring it would take me weeks. Please consider offering a paid service to make the transfer happen by one of your sysadmins.

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2020

@DarioX said: I mean my local ISP is very bad. Hostsolutions network is fine. Taking a 800gb backup and restoring it would take me weeks. Please consider offering a paid service to make the transfer happen by one of your sysadmins.

i will send you a pm. no need to pay extra.

• @cociu said:

@codelock said: Any hints about the new location. Also we are really missing those special hdd storage offers

For the moment i am negociate bucharest/Amsterdam (in neutrals DC to have posibility to buy traffic from big players) but will be more i hope. I am focused to get good prices for colo because i plan to keep the same prices compared with our own DC.

About storage plans we just finish a promo of 50% off .... will came more in the next month but for the moment this is not priority to sell more . Our priority is improove as much we can in the next month until we will focus to open the second location.

Expanding and improving service is really nice good luck with your new location.

I will tell you my story, I first found about let to find cheap vps to host my personal vpn because my isp was blocking a lot of websites and I thought if i buy a vps I might as well should be able to torrent on it? Then i searched and found only your offer with reasonable pricing and DMCA ignored stuff. But Unfortunately I was unable to link my card to paypal because bank blocked international transaction on it so i knew the card will probably not work on your website so I did not buy it then. Now after months of calling my bank finally unlocked international transactions.And thus I was asking.

But, i will probably wait for black friday hostsolutions new location launch special......

Also, while you are making upgrade any update on ipv6 in your DC?????
    I know many people me included are waiting for those ipv6 only storage servers......

But anyways good luck with your business. I have read many threads on LET and let me tell you I have seen quite few honest business man like you..

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • @codelock said: I know many people me included are waiting for those ipv6 only storage servers......

we have test some month ago ipv6 and was succes , unfortunatly we had in the same time problem with our network uptime so all effort was change to stabilise the network. Now personally i can tell you for us this is not a priority right now so this will delay more. With the ipv6 is difficult the management so need to be tested durring some mont`s until this will be fully functionally.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Well, it's pretty much imposible to open a ticket about this switch because the panel just loops to the user account when submitting a ticket.
    So yeah, kinda nice but...

• @kuzko_topia said: Well, it's pretty much imposible to open a ticket about this switch because the panel just loops to the user account when submitting a ticket.

So yeah, kinda nice but...

i dont know what is the problem there but what i know all day today all my guys was received hundreds of tikets with the migration , so maybe is your explorer so try to change it or something.

• Don't know what some "customers" are complaining about honestly.

I've had a pretty positive service with HostSolutions and now with the switch to KVM, definitely will be continuing for a much longer time.

I wouldn't suggest running production-level servers, but with the specs and that price point, it's pretty obvious. The only real complaint I have is the timeliness in responding to tickets. I had a certain ticket in which I was unable to boot up my VPS due to a kernel issue (again pointing the pain of OVZ) and had no response for a couple of days, but I managed to solve it myself eventually. Again, non-production server, therefore was not a huge deal to me anyways.

Looking forward to the move to KVM!

• @cociu said:
    i dont know what is the problem there but what i know all day today all my guys was received hundreds of tikets with the migration , so maybe is your explorer so try to change it or something.

Yeah, the panel is definetly not playing along with edge(ium) but after 3 loops, it allowed me to send the ticket, I'll try firefox next time.

• Hey @cociu,
    Thanks for generous offer, I want to know whats is average time to response ticket for changing to kvm?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@PHDan said:

@cociu said: a child...

Wait until your network doesn't regularly shit itself before you start the name calling.

Idk why I associate your name with an older guy named DrMike. Same format

• @netomx said: Same format

Nah, then it would have to be written as PhDan.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@PHDan said:

@netomx said: Same format

Nah, then it would have to be written as PhDan.

Good point

• @Bardulf said: Thanks for generous offer, I want to know whats is average time to response ticket for changing to kvm?

today until this hour we have change hundred of vps and we are focused to do this asap , but we are limited people here. i asume should be done this by steps .. but right now the email was send to all our customers so we are focused to make it rappid.

• @cociu said: today until this hour we have change hundred of vps and we are focused to do this asap , but we are limited people here. i asume should be done this by steps .. but right now the email was send to all our customers so we are focused to make it rappid.

How do I find out if my VPS is OpenVZ or KVM? For my in details under OS it says "OS : local:vztmpl/ubuntu-16.04-x86_64.tar.gz"

Also, is it possible I can to get more storage in VPS while provisioning lol. I can pay for the HDD or pay more every billing cycle, whatever you prefer. I have so many rare Linux ISOs that I want to archive so need more storage for it.

• @ps20090 said: How do I find out if my VPS is OpenVZ or KVM? For my in details under OS it says "OS : local:vztmpl/ubuntu-16.04-x86_64.tar.gz"

Also, is it possible I can to get more storage in VPS while provisioning lol. I can pay for the HDD or pay more every billing cycle, whatever you prefer. I have so many rare Linux ISOs that I want to archive so need more storage for it.

this is ovz so you can change. About more space open a tiket and we will see what we can.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • R.I.P OpenVZ ... we are miss you :neutral:

Hello KVM <3

i hate LXC :D ^^

Thanked by 1cociu
  • Anyone else got an email from PayPal regarding HostSolutions cancelling automatic payments?

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2020

@Pope said: Anyone else got an email from PayPal regarding HostSolutions cancelling automatic payments?

yes we change our company name to SC Netsilvania Network SRL so the paypal account will be changed too , you can set the recurring payment again when you will receive the first invoice. Also we have send a newsletter aout this , you will received in the next hours.

To note : We are the same people , the company was not sell or something like this. I only change the company what we will use to invoice our clients.

• My uptime on the one HostSolutions service I use:

I never had any problem with the VPS apart from installation problems which are caused by OpenVZ and I resolved those myself. For around €2 a month for a 1 TB storage server, this is more than enough!

• @cociu said: we change our company name to SC Netsilvania Network SRL

You change the domain also or do you keep Hostsolutions.ro?

• @LES said: You change the domain also or do you keep Hostsolutions.ro?

nope , i will not change the domain . Only the company and nothing more.

• @Stryp said: I never had any problem with the VPS apart from installation problems which are caused by OpenVZ and I resolved those myself. For around €2 a month for a 1 TB storage server, this is more than enough!

thanks man , we are keep growing due of clients like you . Clearly have much clients not all can be content. But in a huge procentaje is all like you. We will continue to grow and we have plan to open a second location asap in Bucharest first and after this Norway but once is prepare we will inform our clients.

• @cociu said:

We will continue to grow and we have plan to open a second location asap in Bucharest first and after this Norway but once is prepare we will inform our clients.

Is it the

Expect amazing news within a few weeks!

It's sad that I didn't join the last 50% credit. New location usually means amazing launch deal.

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2020

@elliotc said: It's sad that I didn't join the last 50% credit. New location usually means amazing launch deal.

nothing prepared , but the people must to know there will be some colocation cost ,some top carriers wich is not cheap , so for the moment i plan to keep the price in the same margins like in Oradea but definetly i cannot make crazy deals due of colo prices. We will see once is all mounted but definetly will be a huge disscount in the first month in all locations to have a good welcome.

About credit top up ... i have been acussed many time by doing this (at least from LET people) but you are a true exemple , people enjoy such offers because lather if is buy something in 50% off this mean you buy this product for 25% only compared with normal price. Anyway thanks for been part of this company.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • Fair, I don't want to see you deadpool from the bottom of my heart. Are you changed your cookie face btw? @cociu

• About credit top up ... i have been acussed many time by doing this (at least from LET people) but you are a true exemple , people enjoy such offers because lather if is buy something in 50% off this mean you buy this product for 25% only compared with normal price. Anyway thanks for been part of this company.

Credit top up is usually a big warning of deadpool, no one gonna deny it.. It's just that I've become accustomed to your "frequent" deadpool since the start of storage line. But you still alive for years and somehow extending. Your history is worth these Euros.