Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM!

FrameworksFrameworks Member
edited August 2020 in Providers

Please read this email in full

Dear clients,

We're currently deprecating the support for OpenVZ in favor of KVM. This will be a free upgrade to a KVM plan with exactly the same specifications and price. However, it does require us to recreate your VPS, so you'll need to backup your data first, then open a ticket with us once we can recreate it.
Instructions:
1 - Backup your VPS
2 - Open a ticket with the VPS IP and confirm that you're ok with losing the data hosted on it;
3 - We'll then recreate your VPS as a KVM.
4 -once you are using kvm you will have new templates and the console via client area will be fully functionnaly.

Thanks for been part of this company .
Hostsolutions.ro Team

Thanked by 2imok tronyx

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Great move! KVM is by far the popular choice today :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • vbloodsvbloods Member
    edited August 2020

it won't change the downtime .

Thanked by 2donko WSWD
  • edited August 2020

@vbloods said:
    it won't change the downtime .

For that price point, 99% uptime already pretty good, take it or leave it, boy..

• Andy10tbitAndy10tbit Member
    edited August 2020

99% ?
    more like 50/50 .

• edited August 2020

@Andy10tbit said:
    99% ?
    more like 50/50 .

It would be fair if you share some proof, too..

• more like 50/50 .

a child...

• @Frameworks said: Please read this email in full

Dear clients,

We're currently deprecating the support for OpenVZ in favor of KVM. This will be a free upgrade to a KVM plan with exactly the same specifications and price. However, it does require us to recreate your VPS, so you'll need to backup your data first, then open a ticket with us once we can recreate it.

Instructions:
    1 - Backup your VPS
    2 - Open a ticket with the VPS IP and confirm that you're ok with losing the data hosted on it;
    3 - We'll then recreate your VPS as a KVM.
    4 -once you are using kvm you will have new templates and the console via client area will be fully functionnaly.

Thanks for been part of this company .

Hostsolutions.ro Team

yes this is true , we decided to make this move.

• Will renewal fees change ?

• cociucociu Member
    edited August 2020

@Frameworks said: This will be a free upgrade to a KVM plan with exactly the same specifications and price.

@D3n3y said: D3n3y

so no .... will not be changed you will pay the same for better config , at least new template , is kvm and is fully functonally including the console.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Andy10tbit said:
    99% ?
    more like 50/50 .

It would be fair if you share some proof, too..

Wait for a week after an offer is announced :p

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @l2o88j said: Wait for a week after an offer is announced

be sure of this , never faill.

• @cociu said:

@l2o88j said: Wait for a week after an offer is announced

be sure of this , never faill.

Wishing you a good sale.

• @cociu said: a child...

Wait until your network doesn't regularly shit itself before you start the name calling.

Thanked by 2zenki boernd
  • My billing has been changed
    from
    1 core -512 mb ram-10gb hdd -7$/yeaR €12.00EUR Biaual
    to
    1core-512mb ram -25gb sata -5tb traffic/mo --12 eur/year €12.00EUR Anual

It's a mistake or on purpose?

Anyway, Hostsolutions.ro is pretty good, considering it's competitive price.

• @Danielee said: My billing has been changed

from
    to

definetly is a mistake , please open a tiket abut this.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@cociu said:

more like 50/50 .

a child...

Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

• @Clouvider said: Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

are you sure is my customer ? my customer`s is not give this numbers for sure .

Thanked by 2poisson darkimmortal
  • @cociu said:

@Danielee said: My billing has been changed

from
    to

awsome!

ticket #627956

Thanks buddy!

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@cociu said:

more like 50/50 .

a child...

Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

Ya they should accept and use this criticism to improve their services.

@cociu said:

@Clouvider said: Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

are you sure is my customer ? my customer`s is not give this numbers for sure .

Over confidence is not a good thing.

I'm sure majority of your clients are satisfied with your service as I can see comments here.

But if few percent facing some issue then you must help them to fix without counter attacking them.

It will definitely help you to improve more trust between you and your clients

Thanked by 1Devil
  • @ViridWeb said: But if few percent facing some issue then you must help them to fix without counter attacking them.

100% agree , except :smile:

1) my clients is know about my respect to them even is a client for 0.01 cents
    2) i am not a kiss ass , i have my faults like everyone but definetly if the client have reason i will give it and ask apologise anythime
    3) the treads/comments what you see here in LET is most of them from people who in a procentaje of +90% not have active service with us so let me know how can acuse a uptime of 50% ?
    4) etc etc. i am not here to escuse me or give explication to all this haters.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @ViridWeb said:
    But if few percent facing some issue then you must help them to fix without counter attacking them.

That's not how he works. He works based on take it or leave it policy. You don't like the way I works? here is your money, go find someone else. Probably you can't.

• i have a couple of questions for @cociu :

do we have to switch to kvm or can we just stay on openvz?

is there a time limit after which the vps will be forced converted to kvm?

thank you

• @sjkme said: do we have to switch to kvm or can we just stay on openvz?

is there a time limit after which the vps will be forced converted to kvm?

Hello, and thanks for constructive questions :

1) i strong sugest to swich because all the mess and problems what we had last year was due of a shit module what we use it , so to avoid this and avoid future problems/tikets/downtime etc i strong sugest to move a kvm. For exemple in ovz right now the console is not working compared with kvm , old kernels so a security risk , etc etc.

2) for the moment nobody is obligated to change but definetly will came the day when we will not let the customer to recurring this kind of service because i dont see any plus to keep it (from bout part , for the customer have so old solutions, for us to have problems and bad reviews about this). Not fixed a date but for sure in maximum 1 year we will block all recurrings payment for such config.

• @yokowasis said: That's not how he works. He works based on take it or leave it policy. You don't like the way I works? here is your money, go find someone else. Probably you can't.

i think this is the most correct way no ? to give the client money back , not get him in contracts and sucks. Nobody is obligated to accept/buy something what hi dont like.

• Most of the providers who judge here won't understand what being a businessman means around here. :)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Most of the providers who judge here won't understand what being a businessman means around here.

Nope , most of them is based to a DC what is not own and is only rent space witch for me can do anyone , but construct a dc from zero yes you have many challenges witch is my case.

• @Danielee said:

@cociu said:

@Danielee said: My billing has been changed

from
    to

awsome!

ticket #627956

Thanks buddy!

Corrected, thank you! @cociu

hostsolutions.ro is one of a few vps that I have used for no less than 3yrs.
    nice bargin, great service.

• @Danielee said: hostsolutions.ro is one of a few vps that I have used for no less than 3yrs.

hahah , thanks man , really thanks , we value our old customers , due of you and many others we can continue our project and i promise will came very soon some new locations (working in this in the last month`s and i am in a deep negociation)

• @cociu said:

@Danielee said: hostsolutions.ro is one of a few vps that I have used for no less than 3yrs.

hahah , thanks man , really thanks , we value our old customers , due of you and many others we can continue our project and i promise will came very soon some new locations (working in this in the last month`s and i am in a deep negociation)

Any hints about the new location. Also we are really missing those special hdd storage offers

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2020

@codelock said: Any hints about the new location. Also we are really missing those special hdd storage offers

For the moment i am negociate bucharest/Amsterdam (in neutrals DC to have posibility to buy traffic from big players) but will be more i hope. I am focused to get good prices for colo because i plan to keep the same prices compared with our own DC.

About storage plans we just finish a promo of 50% off .... will came more in the next month but for the moment this is not priority to sell more . Our priority is improove as much we can in the next month until we will focus to open the second location.