Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent alternatives to Cpanel, Any suggestions? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Decent alternatives to Cpanel, Any suggestions?

2»

Comments

• Plesk if You willing to pay, CyberPanel if You want free cp.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

Does anyone know any serious provider using CyberPanel?

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

Hello.
    Well, we can offer our hosting with DirectAdmin.
    Very cheap two tariffs.
    two cores
    4 gb RAM.
    10GB NVME
    or more!
    Up to 0.91 USD/month, with annual payment.
    ssh support, php and python, perl
    https://justhost.ru/optimal-plan/ (you can use google translate embedded in the top of site)

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

@CloudxtnyHost said: cheap as in free or close to free

Plesk, last time i checked, they offer an unlimited domains option. Plesk has a cleaner UI and a detailed documentation for most of their CLI tools and comes with a almost perfect WordPress manager.

DirectAdmin is there as a cheaper alternative.

However, cPanel is the most popular choice among clients.

• PLESK better then cpanel.

• @G4SHI said: PLESK better then cpanel.

Then? Or do you mean than?
    Plesk shares the same bed as cPanel (and anyway I always thought it to be pretty crap, compared to cPanel).

• For personal use, HestiaCP & CyberPanel is alright, however for commercial use I (and many LET users) would highly recommend DA (DirectAdmin)

• Directadmin, vestacp, cyberpanel, CWP
    I recommend DA & Vesta

• lowfanlowfan Member
    edited September 2020

I do not know why some people recommend cyberpanel and vestacp :) Are they out of their mind?

• @lowfan said:
    I do not know why some people recommend cyberpanel and vestacp :) Are they out of their mind?

I am using cyberpanel cause they seems backed by litespeed, lightspeed staff are answering support in discord. They are also one out of four panels featured on litespeed's site.

Did litespeed buy out cyberpanel?
    Their logo seem similar.

• @lowfan said:

Vesta is really out of maintanance, but two forks of Vesta (myVesta and Hestia) are absolutely stable, secure and under active development.

• @lowfan said:

Cyberpanel for personal use is fine. Clean interface that don't need to learn or read any documents. A small amount of bugs with little impact, plus very active develop team backed with litespeed company offically.
    But it is not suitable to offer anyone yet so it might not be a " alternatives to Cpanel".

• Plesk and Directadmin are the best alternatives.

• Vestacp is dead cyberpanel is mess. Full of security holes

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2020

Shared hosting plan by @illyhosting : they use CentOS Web Panel.. they can comment further on the setup/ admin parts from a providers perspective.

• dpecadpeca Member
    edited September 2020

@lowfan said:
    Vestacp is dead cyberpanel is mess. Full of security holes

but mentioned Vesta forks dont have any security holes... they are instantly patched.
    plus, you can put myVesta on SECRET URL, so nobody can find it.

• JustVPSJustVPS Member, Host Rep

Of course, you will not find a free replacement for cPanel. I can recommend Plesk to you as a great alternative at a very low cost. We have been using Plesk for a long time and are very satisfied.

• kalipuskalipus Member
    edited September 2020

currently using vesta cp for years and it works with sometimes big flaws (like not fixed backup script which just stops working if some settings on subdomains are not like it expected, dev does not really care)

what i really love is ISPConfig, written in C/C+ and thus ultra fast and instant changes to passwords, config etc., pure enjoy to use it.

https://www.liveconfig.com/en/product/

cheaper licenses: https://www.rshost.eu/hosting/liveconfig/