Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH server not getting response to outgoing request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH server not getting response to outgoing request

OhJohnOhJohn Member
edited August 2020 in Help

I've a strange problem since today. My OVH servers in Singapore and Sydney don't receive the http response to a request they sent to another non-OVH server.

Tried with wget, etc. The response server sents out the data fine with HTTP 200 code, but it's never received at the requesting OVH end.

Could it be that their ddos protection got crazy and blocking the incoming response to the outgoing request?

Ping and mtr show no problems in both directions.

At OVH I only found this: http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=46399&; and suspect than sth. is still wrong w/ their anti-ddos mitigation.

Comments

• umiumi Member

Can you check again with mitigation disabled?

• Anti-DDOS mitigation at OVH is automatic and can't be switched of, afaik. But I'm not sure if that was the cause as I should get informed by mail (if I read their faqs correctly), and that did not happen.
    The problem came (and be gone several hours later) by no changes on my side - I still believe sth. was messed up in some routers as only OVH servers were affected, no servers at other providers.

I'll still have to find out how to best analyze these kind of incidents and define an automatic test case for it.

• I think it is faster to order new server and migrate everything than waiting them to solve something their monitoring didn't catch.

You may need somedays to get their response. If they respond quickly, I think you are lucky

I have one ip with not routable issue. I can use another ip with the same config. It is frustrating explaining to them while waiting for their response. Finally I bought new ip which work perfectly, and let the problematic ip idle.

But if they catch problem with their monitoring, they solve the problem quickly.

• OVH gets that a lot :)

But yeah, try to call them instead.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@akhfa said: I have one ip with not routable issue. I can use another ip with the same config. It is frustrating explaining to them while waiting for their response. Finally I bought new ip which work perfectly, and let the problematic ip idle.

This definitely seems worth trying

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Always ring OVH when you have an outage of some sort unless it’s software issues.