Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nginx as cache server minimum requirements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

nginx as cache server minimum requirements

maznosmaznos Member

I am looking for a cheap vps to make an nginx cache server

is 512mb ram vps ok with it.

a daily traffic average is :

Unique Visitors
Total Requests

Comments

• Which location?

• @DennisdeWit said:
    Which location?

Europe

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2020

@maznos said:

Might be a bit tight, depending on your knowledge/expertise and diverse details.

Unique Visitors
    Total Requests

That's about 1.5 req/s and even assuming that peak is 10x that's easy to handle for nginx (as well as for pretty much any other web server out there).

If you want the best ("cost no concern", Top everything) -> @Clouvider
    If you want the good middle ground (really good VPS + good support/service, good price) -> NexusBytes / @seriesn
    If you want the cheapest (low, low price, acceptable performance and support during working days/hours) -> HostSolutions / @cociu

Honorable mentioning: @Francisco (10 years good service and product at good price)

• @maznos said:

Unique Visitors
    Total Requests

use the Free Litespeed web server instead of Ngnix its 30X times faster than Nginx.

Thanked by 1maznos
  • @mhosting_in said:

@maznos said:

Unique Visitors
    Total Requests

use the Free Litespeed web server instead of Ngnix its 30X times faster than Nginx.

does litespeed can act as cache server???

@mhosting_in said:

"30 x" ... Where did you get that nonsense number?

• chipchip Member

@jsg said:

@mhosting_in said:

Isn't that on one of the litespeed marketing pages ?

@chip said:

@jsg said:

@mhosting_in said:

Isn't that on one of the litespeed marketing pages ?

Possibly, but I don't care about marketing BS.

• @maznos said: is 512mb ram vps ok with it

The answer is yes. As cache/reverse proxy server, Nginx or ATS can both 10K UV per day easily with 512 MB of ram. Varnish might need slightly more ram. However, for the sake of future growth, you may want to use a server with higher ram, because 8000 UV per day can net you a solid income already, and I wouldn't suggest messing it up with a potentially underperforming cache server.

Thanked by 1maznos
  • ResellerClub's VPS plans you might want to check out. Great support and service, have been using it myself for 4 years.

Thanked by 1maznos
  • HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

Our SSD plans starting at 1,49 € / month for a 512 MB Ram kvm server.

https://kts24.com

You have to register at https://panel.kts24.com, top up 5 €. servers are created live during the order process.

Thanked by 1maznos
  • @maznos said:

@mhosting_in said:

@maznos said:

Unique Visitors
    Total Requests

Sure. OpenLiteSpeed can for sure. Especially with the LiteSpeed plugin if you run WordPress.

Anyway, why you won’t go Hetzner? It’s barely a few euro’s for a cloud server and it starts at 2GB RAM. Also had good experiences with Veesp (Russia), Chroot (Romania) and WaveRide (Austria, do they even still exist?!)

Thanked by 1maznos
  • 30x , why not 32x or 28.5x just to make it realistic and no one will check even if its -100x^2

• Just go for hetzner cloud.

Thanked by 1maznos
  • @maznos said:

@mhosting_in said:

@maznos said:

Unique Visitors
    Total Requests

everything that you need. if you are using WordPress cms then they have LScache plugin to boost your website performance dramatically high.
    you can also research and read reviews about Ngnix vs LiteSpeed which better.

Thanked by 1maznos
  • I currently use a 512mb slice + 256gb slab from buyvm to deliver a lot of static files with nginx and performs ok.

I tried do reverse proxy caching with OLS but seems needs to be done using rewrite rules, i prefer nginx because all i need is copy-paste my config.

Thanked by 1maznos