Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
High Ram Usage on Direct Admin via httpd
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

High Ram Usage on Direct Admin via httpd

HostingbotHostingbot Member, Provider

Hey all,

Curious, but is anyone else having issues with Direct Admin eating a ton of server resources (RAM) due to httpd? We got ~13.5GB RAM allocated to it (other 2.5GB being used by system etc) and need to reboot the system daily to fix the issue. Anyone got any suggestions on what might be causing the massive amount of Ram usage?

Hosting Bot, LLC | [email protected] | 512-766-8013

Comments

  • uni9uni9 Member

    You should be track any of running apps first and find the problematic app/task. Some running tasks use too much ram without obvious reason.

    How dare you :*

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

    Monitor hosted websites and identify which one eating your server resources and kill that

    ViridWeb.com - Reseller Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Blesta + IPv6 Compatible.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

  • lowfanlowfan Member

    @ViridWeb said:
    Monitor hosted websites and identify which one eating your server resources and kill that

    Should he go ahead and kill his own website ? If that is the problem? :)

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider
    edited July 2

    @lowfan said:

    @ViridWeb said:
    Monitor hosted websites and identify which one eating your server resources and kill that

    Should he go ahead and kill his own website ? If that is the problem? :)

    Hello, OP did not mentioned that the server hosting his own single website or multiple client's website. I just gave him a suggestion and not solution. And kill that doesn't mean he should shutdown the whole website.

    For solution he still have to monitor and identify the apps/program/module causing the issue like @uni9 suggested.

    ViridWeb.com - Reseller Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Blesta + IPv6 Compatible.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

  • lowfanlowfan Member

    @ViridWeb said:

    @lowfan said:

    @ViridWeb said:
    Monitor hosted websites and identify which one eating your server resources and kill that

    Should he go ahead and kill his own website ? If that is the problem? :)

    Hello, OP did not mentioned that the server hosting his own single website or multiple client's website. I just gave him a suggestion and not solution. And kill that doesn't mean he should shutdown the whole website.

    For solution he still have to monitor and identify the apps/program/module causing the issue like @uni9 suggested.

    For solution you say he should monitor ? What exactly and how . Of course he should monitor this is common sense :)

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider
    edited July 2

    @lowfan said:

    @ViridWeb said:

    @lowfan said:

    @ViridWeb said:
    Monitor hosted websites and identify which one eating your server resources and kill that

    Should he go ahead and kill his own website ? If that is the problem? :)

    Hello, OP did not mentioned that the server hosting his own single website or multiple client's website. I just gave him a suggestion and not solution. And kill that doesn't mean he should shutdown the whole website.

    For solution he still have to monitor and identify the apps/program/module causing the issue like @uni9 suggested.

    For solution you say he should monitor ? What exactly and how . Of course he should monitor this is common sense :)

    As per your previous post it looks like you are going to start web hosting business.

    Hope this will help you in this kind of situation
    https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=91

    Edited: @Hostingbot you can also check this link as well to see the server status and loads

    ViridWeb.com - Reseller Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Blesta + IPv6 Compatible.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

  • Webdock_ioWebdock_io Member, Provider

    For a more visual overview of all server activity and where you can get a detailed breakdown of almost everything I'd suggest trying out Netdata (https://www.netdata.cloud/) easy to install and read and might point you in the right direction.

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

    @Webdock_io said:
    For a more visual overview of all server activity and where you can get a detailed breakdown of almost everything I'd suggest trying out Netdata (https://www.netdata.cloud/) easy to install and read and might point you in the right direction.

    Necro posting not allow here. If you want a provider tag then add some valuable content instead

    ViridWeb.com - Reseller Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Blesta + IPv6 Compatible.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

  • Webdock_ioWebdock_io Member, Provider

    @ViridWeb said:

    @Webdock_io said:
    For a more visual overview of all server activity and where you can get a detailed breakdown of almost everything I'd suggest trying out Netdata (https://www.netdata.cloud/) easy to install and read and might point you in the right direction.

    Necro posting not allow here. If you want a provider tag then add some valuable content instead

    My apologies - I had not noticed the original posting date while replying. Since the topic is still open for replies and since I was actually pointing people in the direction of useful software I don't think my post was all that offensive, really :) But thanks for the heads up, I will be more cautious looking at when the OP was made.

Sign In or Register to comment.