Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS - High Performance Ryzen KVM VPS - in Los Angeles, Dallas, Singapore! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS - High Performance Ryzen KVM VPS - in Los Angeles, Dallas, Singapore!

2»

Comments

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited August 2020

Purchased both, it's got good international routing and bandwidth .

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@kyaky said:
    Purchased both, it's got good international routing and bandwidth .

Thank you, good to hear!

Alexander

• Hello @AlexanderM ,

it possible to upgrade like to 4gb of ram etc...?

@mindofemanizer said:
    Hello @AlexanderM ,

it possible to upgrade like to 4gb of ram etc...?

Hello!

We can upgrade your VPS to a larger plan at any time.

Alexander

• brycebryce Member
    edited August 2020

@AlexanderM : Long term customer here. Any chance I can upgrade my VPS / plan (LA) to the 1GB RAM one here without re-installing?

Edit: Or at least not changing IP?

@bryce said:
    @AlexanderM : Long term customer here. Any chance I can upgrade my VPS / plan (LA) to the 1GB RAM one here without re-installing?

Edit: Or at least not changing IP?

Should be possible if your VPS is in the LAX01 or LAX02 POP. Please send in a ticket and we can see what options you have :)

Alexander

• Finally restock for Singapore location

@malikshi said:
    Finally restock for Singapore location

Indeed! The Merlion is calling :)

Alexander

• @AlexanderM It seems that there is only Singapore in the order page now. Is Hong Kong still available?

@kimid said:
    @AlexanderM It seems that there is only Singapore in the order page now. Is Hong Kong still available?

We're limiting new orders to Singapore for now. Working on adding another carrier in Hong Kong before we reopen plans there :)

Alexander

• @AlexanderM said:

We're limiting new orders to Singapore for now. Working on adding another carrier in Hong Kong before we reopen plans there :)

:) must be a difficult task! The land rent in Hong Kong is so high and therefore there are only a few good DCs..... and bandwidth is expensive too.....

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

@swat4 said:

@AlexanderM said:

:) must be a difficult task! The land rent in Hong Kong is so high and therefore there are only a few good DCs..... and bandwidth is expensive too.....

There are actually a number of decent options there, and have became reasonably priced compared to 2015 (when we first started in HK). Though hosting in APAC in general costs much more than US or EU for example.

Alexander

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • swat4swat4 Member
    edited September 2020

@AlexanderM said:

There are actually a number of decent options there, and have became reasonably priced compared to 2015 (when we first started in HK). Though hosting in APAC in general costs much more than US or EU for example.

Good to hear. Although I have not used your service yet, I have heard nothing but good about your vps. I sincerely wish you all the best here.

As someone living here, I would suggest being careful about the network
    - The major players are Netvigator (PCCW), Hong Kong Broadband, HGC Broadband, SmarTone, China Mobile and I-Cable. I won't say who is good who is bad - but it is paramount to pick the right one as it might mean heaven or hell.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • are free DirectAdmin still available for amsterdam?

@hary said:
    are free DirectAdmin still available for amsterdam?

Yes :)

• Do you have any demo/test account on your SG servers? I will only run a personal VPN to improve my routing to game servers.

@daemonsyn said:
    Do you have any demo/test account on your SG servers? I will only run a personal VPN to improve my routing to game servers.

Hello!

We have a looking glass for you to test download speeds and routes from our network.

Alexander

• @AlexanderM , wouldnt that show my routes to your server and not your server to the game server?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@daemonsyn said:
    AlexanderM , wouldnt that show my routes to your server and not your server to the game server?

To use looking glass, you can type an IP in the webpage and click on "Run Test", which will show you outgoing route from the server

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Ping to my location using your Singapore looking glass IP is just 15ms max. Will the VPS ping be same or around 20ms or are these different?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited September 2020

@TheKiller said:
    Ping to my location using your Singapore looking glass IP is just 15ms max. Will the VPS ping be same or around 20ms or are these different?

They're on similar subnets.i can confirm routes are identical.

Thanked by 2TheKiller AlexanderM

@daemonsyn said:
    @AlexanderM , wouldnt that show my routes to your server and not your server to the game server?

Basically what @FAT32 said, you can run a traceroute from the looking glass towards your game server.

@TheKiller said:
    Ping to my location using your Singapore looking glass IP is just 15ms max. Will the VPS ping be same or around 20ms or are these different?

There would be no difference, what you see is what you get :)

Alexander

• @AlexanderM said:

@kimid said:
    @AlexanderM It seems that there is only Singapore in the order page now. Is Hong Kong still available?

Alexander

Looking forward to the reopening of HK location. Will it be soon or still need a long period?

• waiting for 3GB restock @AlexanderM

@kimid said:

@AlexanderM said:

@kimid said:

Alexander

Looking forward to the reopening of HK location. Will it be soon or still need a long period?

OpenVZ 7 is available now if you're interested. KVM needs to wait a little longer.

@mexyul said:
    waiting for 3GB restock @AlexanderM

Should be restocked tomorrow!

Alexander

• bugisbugis Member
    edited October 2020

@AlexanderM

whether this offer is no longer available ?
    https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=407&billingcycle=annually
    price increased $105.00 USD

• Hi! What's the price for cPanel with 30 accounts?

@bugis said:
    @AlexanderM

whether this offer is no longer available ?
    https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=407&billingcycle=annually
    price increased $105.00 USD

Hello!

Promotion quota has been reached for this plan, it is now $105/year.

@imok said:
    Hi! What's the price for cPanel with 30 accounts?

This would fall under the cPanel Pro Cloud license that is $25/month from us.

Alexander

• Japan connects to Singapore, and the route actually bypasses the United Kingdom. . .