Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Deployment SaaS (ServerPilot, RunCloud, Moss, ...)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Deployment SaaS (ServerPilot, RunCloud, Moss, ...)

Do you use any of these services? If so, which one? How's your experience with them?
I'd love to know your thoughts!

Thanked by 1akhfa

Comments

• used all of them for years, no problems, now moss does the same for free. No direct server insight, but that can be arranged otherwise.

Thanked by 2akhfa lokuzard
  • Thank you. I just take a look at the moss. Seems good for my requirements. Will explore it further.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • Never hard of moss, have to check it out. I use Cloudron for hosting my app. Main reason to choose it over Serverpilot or runcloud is that these two only support PHP. I have to run node apps and few custom Go apps as well.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • Been using runcloud for a while now. Cannot fault its ease.

Also use BunnyShell which recently had a lifetime offer at SaasMantra

Thanked by 2HostSlick lokuzard
  • Also came across cloudpanel.io in another forum. Maybe something to look at? At the moment moss does everything free and works fine.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • I've (mis)used Laravel Forge for a few years now, with Node, Go, Docker and of course PHP apps. I've been testing other options to see what's out there like Moss, Serverpilot, Runcloud, Ploi and Cleaver. I was leaning toward Runcloud until I discovered their integration with Github requires several manual steps (adding webhook and SSH deployment key). It's all automated with Forge so now I'm wondering if it's worth switching.

Does Cloudron support custom apps? I wrote it off because I thought it didn't.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • MissFortuneMissFortune Member
    edited August 2020

@unknownbullet said: Also use BunnyShell which recently had a lifetime offer at SaasMantra

Tested it, still have bugs. Their team size is huge though, excited to see its growth.

@royed said: Also came across cloudpanel.io in another forum.

I just saw an ad for this. I'll be testing it now.

I am currently testing aapanel.com - opensourced from a Chinese control panel, let's see.
    What I like about aapanel, is you can switch from apache, nginx or openlitespeed.

I also love moss.sh. Free plan is very generous.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • I'm on Kubernetes and just use helm to install anything. Quick and easy, even more from the Rancher UI.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • Presently I am using RunCloud.

Their WP caching plugin works quite well with NGINX.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @vitobotta said:
    I'm on Kubernetes and just use helm to install anything. Quick and easy, even more from the Rancher UI.

Then come the difficult part, keep the cluster up and set up the persistent storage?

I use it tough. It is challenging to set up anything we need on top of it :)

Just curious, how do you set persistent storage? Do you use something like DO or linode so that you can use their block storage?

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @akhfa said:

@vitobotta said:
    I'm on Kubernetes and just use helm to install anything. Quick and easy, even more from the Rancher UI.

Then come the difficult part, keep the cluster up and set up the persistent storage?

Just curious, how do you set persistent storage? Do you use something like DO or linode so that you can use their block storage?

I am used to it. I have used DigitalOcean's managed services with their block storage (disappointing due to issues with master connectivity), then same thing with Scaleway (good service, poor performance), but I am now back to managing everything myself since I bought some servers from PHP Friends a couple of days ago to save money (and the performance is great so far! Really surprising). Since they don't offer block storage volumes now I am using Longhorn and use the storage on the nodes, which is plenty. Works well since they released GA (had issues with it in the past). What are you using?

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

Https://clients.vpsnoobs.com :) try it its free :) a customized version of CIPI but yet in BETA we need few tester to suggest us if they found any issue or any better suggestions to improve it onward

• @vitobotta said:

@akhfa said:

@vitobotta said:

I am used to it. I have used DigitalOcean's managed services with their block storage (disappointing due to issues with master connectivity), then same thing with Scaleway (good service, poor performance), but I am now back to managing everything myself since I bought some servers from PHP Friends a couple of days ago to save money (and the performance is great so far! Really surprising). Since they don't offer block storage volumes now I am using Longhorn and use the storage on the nodes, which is plenty. Works well since they released GA (had issues with it in the past). What are you using?

What happens to the DO cluster? Is it broken? Can it be repaired?

Longhorn is my first and only (at least for now) persistent storage that I can use without any struggles :)

One concern is that block storage on top of k8s needs good bandwidth and latencies. 1 Gbps connections will only provide 100 MB/s IO.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @akhfa said:

Longhorn is my first and only (at least for now) persistent storage that I can use without any struggles :)

One concern is that block storage on top of k8s needs good bandwidth and latencies. 1 Gbps connections will only provide 100 MB/s IO.

Well the DO problem happened to me with two clusters. As soon as I did something that DO describes as "heavy" (which is... funny, they say that installing prometheus operator is "heavy"), problems with master connectivity started. The only way I could fix it was by adding more nodes, so that more resources were allocated to the master.

I have 1Gbps connection and I even use Weave for the encryption, so when using replicated volumes writes are even less than 100MB/s..... but to be honest is good enough for normal workloads. Sure if you have tons of things accessing the volume it's a different story. I have two Postgres cluster for which I use single replica volumes since Postgres does replication already, and speed is better. Longhorn isn't the fastest, but it's so easy and I love the UI plus it has backups so it's handy.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Moss? I only know VAT MoSS

• @HostSlick said:

Yes, moss.sh.
    I've been using it for a while, so far so good!

• @HostSlick said:

Before my morning coffee I read it as Kate Moss.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @vitobotta said:

@akhfa said:

Well the DO problem happened to me with two clusters. As soon as I did something that DO describes as "heavy" (which is... funny, they say that installing prometheus operator is "heavy"), problems with master connectivity started. The only way I could fix it was by adding more nodes, so that more resources were allocated to the master.

I have 1Gbps connection and I even use Weave for the encryption, so when using replicated volumes writes are even less than 100MB/s..... but to be honest is good enough for normal workloads. Sure if you have tons of things accessing the volume it's a different story. I have two Postgres cluster for which I use single replica volumes since Postgres does replication already, and speed is better. Longhorn isn't the fastest, but it's so easy and I love the UI plus it has backups so it's handy.

Does encrypted weave make network connections much worse? Don't you feel your storage slow? Do you bench your storage?

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited August 2020

I'm dumb and in wrong thread

• @akhfa said:

@vitobotta said:

@akhfa said:

Does encrypted weave make network connections much worse? Don't you feel your storage slow? Do you bench your storage?

Of course it's slower, but it's "fast enough" for most things at least for now. I see negligible overhead in page rendering for my app due to using Longhorn on Weave vs block storage with DO etc. I have done some load tests too and it was OK. Of course if you start getting a crazy load it might be a problem.

• @lokuzard said:

@HostSlick said:

Yes, moss.sh.

I understand moss project is shutting down in a month or so.

Thanked by 1lokuzard

@vyas11 said:

@lokuzard said:

@HostSlick said:

Yes, moss.sh.

Whats up vyass you good?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2020

@HostSlick said:

Whats up vyass you good?

All well! Thanks... glad that you are adding more and more servers to your stock... Hope all okay and TC

edited September 2020

@vyas11 said:

@HostSlick said:

Whats up vyass you good?

All well! Thanks... glad that you are adding more and more servers to your stock... Hope all okay and TC

Of course. We wont dissapear like others :smile:
    Another truck load coming november :smile:
    2021 we are planning to bring Ryzen Dedis and VPS :smile:

Take care too :smiley:

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @vyas11 said:

@lokuzard said:

@HostSlick said:

Yes, moss.sh.

Yeah that sucks :(
    I was just getting used to it.
    Their free plan was more than enough for the average user, so it makes me wonder how many paid users they actually had.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2020

I saw some other discussions on this topic in this forum (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/166862/serverpilot-alternative) and some other sites.

Below is pratically a dump of the server panels that I have noted in no particular order.
    This includes a mix of open source, free, fremium, and paid versions. Also thought of writing a post, I have included some more references (lists put together by other blogs) there. HTH!

aaPanel
    Webmin
    CentminMod
    CentOS Web Panel
    Cloudron
    Bunnyshell
    Cloudpanel
    Runcloud
    Gridpane
    Server Avatar
    Cleaver
    Ploi