Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if WHM backup for accounts fail ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What if WHM backup for accounts fail ?

Let's say you have a few backups in whm cpanel and you are doing daily backup but some day for any reason you find out all your backups were failed due to cpanel bugs. What is the additional way to do a Cpanel backup ? I am not talking about user cpanel I am talking about alternative way to backup so it can be restored in whm?

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

I always prefer offsite backups with services like Acronis

• @ViridWeb said:

Thanks about 5 years ago I used Acronis to backup my PC I lost all my data and could not restore it and technical support was not helpful either . That was a nightmare that even seeing Acronis every where makes me shiver :) Have you tried to restore things ? Are you talking about https://www.acronis.com/en-us/business/backup/linux-server/ ?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@lowfan said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks about 5 years ago I used Acronis to backup my PC I lost all my data and could not restore it and technical support was not helpful either . That was a nightmare that even seeing Acronis every where makes me shiver :) Have you tried to restore things ? Are you talking about https://www.acronis.com/en-us/business/backup/linux-server/ ?

We never noticed any issue with Acronis
    We also have few servers with Jetbackup and they are works fine as well.
    You can check that too.

BTW, Onsite backup is definitely you should avoid. If the main server goes down then you will lost all backups as well

• lowfanlowfan Member
    edited August 2020

@ViridWeb said:

@lowfan said:

@ViridWeb said:

We never noticed any issue with Acronis
    We also have few servers with Jetbackup and they are works fine as well.
    You can check that too.

BTW, Onsite backup is definitely you should avoid. If the main server goes down then you will lost all backups as well

I use two backups the onsite and SFTP to other server in another country :) well actually in the end it is whm backup script that does that so my question is that WHAT IF the whm backup script itself has a bug in this case both the local backup and the offsite backup won't work

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

I agree.... we do IT support and had been using Acronis everywhere.... (it’s cheap) but support really sucks when you have issues and things are always half baked.... recently updated our clients and it killed Gsuite..... using it with BitDefender and it keeps detecting BitDefender as a virus..... such a pain.....

I have been looking at cometbackup and using JetBackup for web severs.

• Always do 2 backups. cPanel + external backup like Acronis. It's a great combination.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I've been hearing that dancing naked in rain on streets tend to help backups not fail.

It's more of a shamanic ritual tho.