Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accessing HP iLO behind a router using S-NAT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Accessing HP iLO behind a router using S-NAT

CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Hello,

I Anyone know if its possible to expose the iLO network via a firewall using S-NATting? the iLo is accessible via n internal network, but I want to allow access to the console without needing to be on the internal VPN network. Is this possible?

Comments

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

You could just do a source based DNAT. We have implemented such a solution for our Dedicated Servers, which works as a API controllable gateway. The cool thing is, that you can even use a reverse proxy like nginx to handle http(s) while doing source based proxy_pass to the internally operated iLO, which avoids invalid ssl certificates and ugly ciphers.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@combahton_it said:
    You could just do a source based DNAT. We have implemented such a solution for our Dedicated Servers, which works as a API controllable gateway. The cool thing is, that you can even use a reverse proxy like nginx to handle http(s) while doing source based proxy_pass to the internally operated iLO, which avoids invalid ssl certificates and ugly ciphers.

I was under the impression that the console java / .NET app uses the iLO IP addresss so it will not work if I do that?

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@CloudxtnyHost said:
    I was under the impression that the console java / .NET app uses the iLO IP addresss so it will not work if I do that?

Works great for iLO2, iLO3, iLO4 and iLO5 in our environment - easily avoids to setup vpn access for customers

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@combahton_it said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

Works great for iLO2, iLO3, iLO4 and iLO5 in our environment - easily avoids to setup vpn access for customers

great thanks.