Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does hetzner not accept orders from India? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does hetzner not accept orders from India?

Comments

• @evnix said:

@OsirisBlack said: HowToDealWithRejection

Create a SEO website titled "rejected by Hetzner" and funnel in all the rejected customers for the next summerhost project

We already have that, it's called LowEndTalk.

• @dynamo said: Hetzner sells good resources at very cheap rates but those marked by their system as lesser human beings have to make part payment in the form of their self-respect.

Jesus fucking christ, it's a server you pussy...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @PHDan said: Jesus fucking christ, it's a server

That is exactly what I said. Its just a server & the amount of arm twisting (send this & that only to get rejected) some folks have to face for it is probably not worth it.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

I am using their Dedicated Servers and cloud instances, never faced any issues so far..

• @PHDan said:

@prakashmaster247 said: First I created an organization account with them, and when they asked for company, provided them Incorporation certificate. Received email, that they have rejected our order.

Fully within their rights to not provide you service.

Then I informed my bosses and asked them to create an account with their personal ID, hetzner rejected that too.

Sure, they told you "no" and you tried to use someone else's ID, they saw you trying to get around their previous decision and rightfully declined.

I joined LET to actually find our your experience with them.

Nah you didn't. You joined to call them racists and to try to shame them in to providing you service. Spoiler, they won't change and that's why they are popular.

(it offers free video education for underprivileged school children

Is that video content your own produced content? Things you own the rights to? Or will Hetzner be flooded with takedown notices from content you don't own but feel you should be able to stream anyways? Do you serve many children in the EU/UK where Hetzner's DCs are located?

as they stopped replying to our mails too after rejecting our orders.

That's a hint, they don't want your business. Find somewhere else.

Hi
    Yes, we own all content, and are producing large content with every passing day.

Not everyone is one man show. I work for the NGO, and I provided them ID proof of the responsible person in the NGO. Maybe in your part of globe, employees use their own ID to buy services for the company, we don't.

Yes, they were perfectly in their rights to deny service.

Thank you for stating the obvious. If your rant is over, let somebody who can actually help, help us here.

• @Adam1 said:
    Did you offer to pay the $20 verification fee?

They didn't ask for any fee

• @Hivium said:
    Hello Prakash,
    We did supply our documents, when asked, and were accepted by Hetzner. We are an Indian company.

Actually I too had an account with them few years ago, and thats why wanted to go with them, don't know what changed.

• @ViridWeb said:
    Yes they do. We are an Indian company and have 100+ servers with them.

Just make sure your account details and provided ID matching with each other

You can also directly contact them as they have one of the best support team we have ever experienced

Presales was nice. But as soon as we created account, and provided them docs, they stopped responding.

• @BlaZe said:
    @prakashmaster247 forget Hetzner, they won't bother.

Microsoft's Azure provides assistance to NGOs and its available via their site though verification process might be strict. More info https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits/

Amazon's AWS also provides their services for NGOs, more info here: https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/nonprofits/

Reach out to bigger providers and they'll surely help you out.

Hi
    NGO is just 2 months old. and hence doesn't qualify for international grants. I tried to get them through techsoup and all for google grants, but that all requires 3 yr+ old NGO and something called FCRA.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

PMS detected.

• @vimalware said:
    Well this might be the Rare post where I don't smell something fishy.

Inexpensive unmetered bandwidth is a must for any video based education platform.

OP can check out clouvider's unmetered 10G and 1G offers in Amsterdam /Frankfurt /London on sale. Excellent value too.

https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale/

Hetzner has rejected more than one of my clients too. It's a rather opaque process and it's best to move on and try again after 6-12 mos.

Thank you. We are looking at them, they seem to fit our budget and current need. Thanks again

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi, we accept customers from all around the world, incuding India.
    Some countries are rated with a higher risk, but we do not reject orders based only on countries.
    There are occassionally things in people's account information that look unusual, even if they are accurate.
    So you might think we are a bit too careful, but actually we are trying to be responsible.

But if you do not give even one try at correction, then how exactly do you want people to know where they committed a mistake?

I worked in hosting industry a decade back, and my then company simply didn't accept organization orders from free email IDs, is that the case with you? Do you want us to signup with organization email? If so, we can do that. They used to collect IDs of customers too, for verification, when paid with Paypal or Credit Card.

• @vyas11 said:
    OP Joined on August 16, ranted, went away.
    s/he probably is not aware of Google for Nonprofits
    https://ngobox.org/detail_resources_Everything-that-You-want-to-Know-About-Google-for-Nonprofits-in-India_10

@evnix said:

the Indian government is just too strict with it's parameters and a lot of the international payment gateways aren't compatible with it.

Stripe for example does not use the 6 digit One Time password before the transaction completes- as required in India. Then the transaction gets flagged with the credit card provider, sometimes you have to manually verify the transaction.

Painful, but I would still use Paypal. With the killer fees, PayPal tax and all.
    Why? Because some providers
    have started offering payment via PayTm and Net Banking. Some use a payment processor called Payssion, who stores (to my knowledge illegally) individual's Tax ID information. GST ID for business might be okay, Income Tax ID is not.

I would avoid any providers who uses Payssion (and do not have PayPal option)

I have worked for an identity verification service for banks in past. People simply don't know how much information is collected from them and analysed harmlessly. I am aware about all things internet brother. Here since past 25 yrs.

• @mhosting_in said:

@prakashmaster247 said:
    I am a tech at an NGO in India. First I created an organization account with them, and when they asked for company, provided them Incorporation certificate. Received email, that they have rejected our order.

Then I informed my bosses and asked them to create an account with their personal ID, hetzner rejected that too.

Do they completely not accept orders from Indians?

I joined LET to actually find our your experience with them. We desperately need their servers, due to good price, config, and nature of our NGO (it offers free video education for underprivileged school children).

If someone can help us talk to a person, as they stopped replying to our mails too after rejecting our orders.

you are a tech guy but do you have knowledge of server management?
    their server management cost is high.

Yes, I do. But for this project, we still have hired a company to do server management for us.

• @deank said:
    Someone's having PMS.

Not everyone is as lucky as you. Enjoy.

• @deank said:
    Like I always say, if you firmly believe that you are in supreme right, sue.

If not, bugger off.

I am searching for solution, not really interested in creating more problems.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

@prakashmaster247 said:

@ViridWeb said:

You can also directly contact them as they have one of the best support team we have ever experienced

Presales was nice. But as soon as we created account, and provided them docs, they stopped responding.

We never face this kind of situation, most of their reply we received within 10 minutes.

Also, there's no second chance, if you entered wrong details then it's your fault. They have every right to decide to whom they will do business.

Even we will never consider to accept a client who use wrong details even for a single time.

If they think the order as fraud because you have entered wrong details, then you must acknowledge the mistake and go with some other provider.

Also, Please try to combine all your comments into a single post, do not quote every single comment individually. It looks ugly and feel like spam

• @ViridWeb said:

@prakashmaster247 said:

@ViridWeb said:

We never face this kind of situation, most of their reply we received within 10 minutes.

Also, there's no second chance, if you entered wrong details then it's your fault. They have every right to decide to whom they will do business.

Even we will never consider to accept a client who use wrong details even for a single time.

If they think the order as fraud because you have entered wrong details, then you must acknowledge the mistake and go with some other provider.

For the OTT, we already went with another, and someone suggested one provider here, we will try that too. Right now we are hosting content on one provider and backup to backblaze b2, which is almost as cheap.

NGO wants to launch a jitsi meeting service, and we are again back to square one. It would have been good if @Hetzner_OL allowed us. For Jitsi, I am looking at probably FDCservers 10GBPS or reliablesite.net's 10GBPS, both look pretty decent.

• If you need jitsi, no need for specific to hetzner, almost all provider able to provide that. The only one you should consider is the latency.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb vimalware

@prakashmaster247 said:

@ViridWeb said:

@prakashmaster247 said:

@ViridWeb said:

For the OTT, we already went with another, and someone suggested one provider here, we will try that too. Right now we are hosting content on one provider and backup to backblaze b2, which is almost as cheap.

NGO wants to launch a jitsi meeting service, and we are again back to square one. It would have been good if @Hetzner_OL allowed us. For Jitsi, I am looking at probably FDCservers 10GBPS or reliablesite.net's 10GBPS, both look pretty decent.

As @chocolateshirt said there's no reason to stick with a particular provider.

Also as you said your NGO based in India so in my opinion you should use a Indian server instead for better latency

• @ViridWeb said:

@prakashmaster247 said:

@ViridWeb said:

@prakashmaster247 said:

@ViridWeb said:

As @chocolateshirt said there's no reason to stick with a particular provider.

Also as you said your NGO based in India so in my opinion you should use a Indian server instead for better latency

For this, we will have to manage bandwidth and latency both. Good Indian providers do not offer beyond 5TB per month for DS, and those who offer more than that, have very bad port speed (despite claiming whatever). And that will kill the project even before we can start.

• edited August 2020

Leaseweb provide very cheap dedicated server. You could choose Germany or Netherland, even Singapore for better latency to India.

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Leaseweb provide very cheap dedicated server. You could choose Germany or Netherland, even Singapore for better latency to India.

yes, I am right now in chat with them :) 1GBPS unmetered they quoted one DC at some $436, and another some $250 something.

• +++ for leaseweb ++ recomended

• edited August 2020

@prakashmaster247 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

yes, I am right now in chat with them :) 1GBPS unmetered they quoted one DC at some $436, and another some $250 something.

Do you really need 1Gbps unmetered? Full usage 24/7, you will only use 324 TB/month. If you look for unmetered OVH also have good prices.

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited August 2020

@prakashmaster247 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Leaseweb is not really known for providing good deals on unmetered traffic and bandwidth. They are more known for metered deals, for unmetered Hetzner and OVH are the go too. I'm sure Hetzner did a quick background check on you and decided that your work may not be suitable for their infrastructure.

If you're looking for some Leaseweb deals you can check out this guy on his discord. https://discord.gg/mmGwHdg

Goes by the name Andy10gbit. Just right click on his name and DM him. He's advertising a pretty good Leaseweb deal right now. I think the cost to upgrade to 1Gbit Unmetered is +€120euro/month, but you can confirm with him.

Leaseweb NL
    E-2274G 16GB RAM 4x8TB HDD 1Gbps 100TB Traffic for 45EUR/month
    E-2274G 16GB RAM 4x8TB HDD 10Gbps 100TB Traffic for 75EUR/month
    Available as unmanaged (with root/admin) or managed
    IPMI and ipv6 available on request

He's got some good OVH deals in there too, along with other hosting providers. I rent 4 servers from him on a monthly basis for the last 8 months and everything has been good.

Thanked by 2vimalware Smith42

@prakashmaster247 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

haha.. Nothing is free, providers also needs to pay their bills,
    Anyways, calculate your actual usage first then ask the provider for a quote.

Also, as you said Indian provider don't offer beyond 5TB because bandwidth pricing in Asia is very high compare to the EU or USA

Either you have to increase the budget or go with some cheap alternatives in EU or USA with high latency.

If you still have some unrealistic thinking then good luck to you, hope you will find some alternative very soon

• @prakashmaster247 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

I agree with viridweb you need in really unmetered port with 1 Gbps

for the USA , Europe based provider provide you in low cost 50 TB or more - per month in affordable price
    with Extra charges, the company allows unmetered in case you required with 1 Gbps port.

• I had this issue too but provided my id and got verified. I run jitsi on ex62 and works well from India.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • There are many alternatives in India nowadays. Pune , Mumbai and Delhi Data centers are there in place. Cloudjiffy is also good service and EverData provides good VPS at good cost. There are scaleable solutions

Thanked by 1leapswitch