Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does hetzner not accept orders from India?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does hetzner not accept orders from India?

I am a tech at an NGO in India. First I created an organization account with them, and when they asked for company, provided them Incorporation certificate. Received email, that they have rejected our order.

Then I informed my bosses and asked them to create an account with their personal ID, hetzner rejected that too.

Do they completely not accept orders from Indians?

I joined LET to actually find our your experience with them. We desperately need their servers, due to good price, config, and nature of our NGO (it offers free video education for underprivileged school children).

If someone can help us talk to a person, as they stopped replying to our mails too after rejecting our orders.

Comments

• Did you offer to pay the $20 verification fee?

• You poor bastard...

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • HiviumHivium Member
    edited August 2020

Hello Prakash,
    We did supply our documents, when asked, and were accepted by Hetzner. We are an Indian company.

• PHDanPHDan Member
    edited August 2020

@prakashmaster247 said: First I created an organization account with them, and when they asked for company, provided them Incorporation certificate. Received email, that they have rejected our order.

Fully within their rights to not provide you service.

Then I informed my bosses and asked them to create an account with their personal ID, hetzner rejected that too.

Sure, they told you "no" and you tried to use someone else's ID, they saw you trying to get around their previous decision and rightfully declined.

I joined LET to actually find our your experience with them.

Nah you didn't. You joined to call them racists and to try to shame them in to providing you service. Spoiler, they won't change and that's why they are popular.

(it offers free video education for underprivileged school children

Is that video content your own produced content? Things you own the rights to? Or will Hetzner be flooded with takedown notices from content you don't own but feel you should be able to stream anyways? Do you serve many children in the EU/UK where Hetzner's DCs are located?

as they stopped replying to our mails too after rejecting our orders.

That's a hint, they don't want your business. Find somewhere else.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Yes they do. We are an Indian company and have 100+ servers with them.

Just make sure your account details and provided ID matching with each other

You can also directly contact them as they have one of the best support team we have ever experienced

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited August 2020

Sue guy, where you at? @deank

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Mention @Hetzner_OL ?

• CdoeCdoe Member
    edited August 2020

I don't accept clients from countries such as Russia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh too. Fraud rate is very high and clients are very problematic to handle.

This is for the individuals tho, if someone can prove he's working on behalf of a company then it's another pair of shoes. But the reality is a lot of people from those countries try to create organization accounts just from informations they've googled.

• If it's a real nonprofit with all the nonprofit stuffs, I'm sure you will be able to find hosts with steep discounts or even sponsored.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • soalnusoalnu Member
    edited August 2020

Imagine this happening to you when shopping.

• OsirisBlackOsirisBlack Member
    edited August 2020

@soalnu said:

Fraud also occurs in shops.

*note - (now the post has been edited) - yes the video is good and does highlight something that should never happen - it does not ring true with the OP's problem.

• @soalnu said:

Lol.. I like the video..

• @OsirisBlack said: it does not ring true with the OP's problem.

We'll likely never know if it does or not, as hetzner dont give a reason afaik (beyond a generic catchall reason)

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@prakashmaster247 forget Hetzner, they won't bother.

Microsoft's Azure provides assistance to NGOs and its available via their site though verification process might be strict. More info https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits/

Amazon's AWS also provides their services for NGOs, more info here: https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/nonprofits/

Reach out to bigger providers and they'll surely help you out.

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • @Adam1 said:

@OsirisBlack said: it does not ring true with the OP's problem.

We'll likely never know if it does or not, as hetzner dont give a reason afaik (beyond a generic catchall reason)

OP's Question "Does hetzner not accept orders from India?"

@Hivium said:
    Hello Prakash,
    We did supply our documents, when asked, and were accepted by Hetzner. We are an Indian company.

@ViridWeb said:

You can also directly contact them as they have one of the best support team we have ever experienced

So I'm going to assume that there is another reason other than where the OP's from.
    Op needs to speak to @Hetzner_OL why - not cry here, or just accept they don't want their custom - I also know people from India who have a server/servers with them.

• @ViridWeb said:

Sorry OOT, do you mind to share how do you handle abuse with them?

I know you have some protection in the first place, but I assume there is still someone doing abuse such as breaching the copyright in the hetzner's server? You have 100+ server with them, so there should be many customers in there. Will appreciate if you can share with us ;)

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

@akhfa said:

@ViridWeb said:

Sorry OOT, do you mind to share how do you handle abuse with them?

I know you have some protection in the first place, but I assume there is still someone doing abuse such as breaching the copyright in the hetzner's server? You have 100+ server with them, so there should be many customers in there. Will appreciate if you can share with us ;)

Someone!? Many of them are abuser.
    Generally most of them are spammers and scammers.

Mostly we send notice and give them 12 hours to reply, If they failed or we not satisfied with the reply then we terminate the client within 24hrs.

For us, we can say that hetzner's team is very supportive

As I remember only 2 times where Hetzner blocked the server IP as we missed the abuse email because it goes to the spam folder.
    Most of time issue resolved within 24hrs as we response notices without any delay.

• evnixevnix Member
    edited August 2020

We have a company registered in India too and use Hetzner quite a lot, running almost a dozen of JVM instances, No issues at all and they have been pretty helpful as well.

But I have faced a lot of trouble with payments to Hetzner if Indian credit cards are used, the Indian government is just too strict with it's parameters and a lot of the international payment gateways aren't compatible with it.

As for the above comments, I don't think Indians in general face any real racism, but they do get denied a lot of online services based on their origin. ex below,

The above was just 2 days ago after I told them we were willing to send in the company registration docs which are easy to cross verify online, The video posted above is a good example of how I felt when I received the above mail even though I don't live in that region.
    I initially thought I would just use the company registered in the EU to do business with them, but then again why pay for your own discrimination when there are so many other options available. But I do understand their situation as I too have been on the other side.

To Indians, down the line, India is too big of a market to ignore and for this to go on, so please don't cry racism if this happens to you. It likely isn't,
    it is pure business of convenience/trouble vs returns, and the money will be on your side.
    Source: 5 years ago or so, my previous company used to block payments from India to avoid the trouble and now they don't. I am sorry for being part of that.

And for Pakistan, Bangladesh and Russia, I know you guys face the same(and as the provider above confesses), but I truly hope and wish you too will be there soon as I understand what you are going through and I know it really hurts being judged by your country which you have no control over. And for the people who do deny services and block accounts, please be nice. Put it in your ToS or actively block us when we select the country(or by IP) rather than going through emails and support tickets and heartbreaks and wasting everyones time.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • If you lie once, you are dead and no matter what you will do, they will no longer accept you. Nothing to do with Indians but we've seen a lot of fraud from India too so my sentiment goes to Hetzner.

• Well this might be the Rare post where I don't smell something fishy.

Inexpensive unmetered bandwidth is a must for any video based education platform.

OP can check out clouvider's unmetered 10G and 1G offers in Amsterdam /Frankfurt /London on sale. Excellent value too.

https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale/

Hetzner has rejected more than one of my clients too. It's a rather opaque process and it's best to move on and try again after 6-12 mos.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi, we accept customers from all around the world, incuding India.
    Some countries are rated with a higher risk, but we do not reject orders based only on countries.
    There are occassionally things in people's account information that look unusual, even if they are accurate.
    So you might think we are a bit too careful, but actually we are trying to be responsible.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2020

OP Joined on August 16, ranted, went away.
    s/he probably is not aware of Google for Nonprofits
    https://ngobox.org/detail_resources_Everything-that-You-want-to-Know-About-Google-for-Nonprofits-in-India_10

@evnix said:

the Indian government is just too strict with it's parameters and a lot of the international payment gateways aren't compatible with it.

Stripe for example does not use the 6 digit One Time password before the transaction completes- as required in India. Then the transaction gets flagged with the credit card provider, sometimes you have to manually verify the transaction.

Painful, but I would still use Paypal. With the killer fees, PayPal tax and all.
    Why? Because some providers
    have started offering payment via PayTm and Net Banking. Some use a payment processor called Payssion, who stores (to my knowledge illegally) individual's Tax ID information. GST ID for business might be okay, Income Tax ID is not.

I would avoid any providers who uses Payssion (and do not have PayPal option)

• @prakashmaster247 said:
    I am a tech at an NGO in India. First I created an organization account with them, and when they asked for company, provided them Incorporation certificate. Received email, that they have rejected our order.

I joined LET to actually find our your experience with them. We desperately need their servers, due to good price, config, and nature of our NGO (it offers free video education for underprivileged school children).

If someone can help us talk to a person, as they stopped replying to our mails too after rejecting our orders.

you are a tech guy but do you have knowledge of server management?
    their server management cost is high.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

@prakashmaster247 said:

Hello, They do accept Indian Companies.

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited August 2020

@prakashmaster247 said: I am a tech at an NGO in India. First I created an organization account with them, and when they asked for company, provided them Incorporation certificate. Received email, that they have rejected our order.

Hetzner sells good resources at very cheap rates but those marked by their system as lesser human beings have to make part payment in the form of their self-respect. Its your choice whether to sacrifice with that & keep begging them in vain to take you onboard or just move on to a less robot -ic & less egoistic host. You won't find any sympathy or support for your case on this forum at least as those who haven't faced the rejection from them and are enjoying their generally good services have ganged up into a loud mouthed band of fan boys. And you can't expect objectivity from fans (of anything/anyone).

Being a NGO won't help you, being a registered company won't help you, registering with company details won't help you, producing your incorporation data won't help you, sending them your passport won't help you, sending them a selfie with your credit card won't help you. Apparently nothing will help you because self-righteousness is at its peak at Hetzner (thanks to a large fan base) and once they have decided that someone is not worth their service, all your requests/emails etc will fall on deaf ears and every Hetzner fan on this forum will fault your credibility only and see you with suspicion.

Those who have controlled the urges to fault you for the time being will ask you to swallow the default justification that the company has the right to deny you service w/o giving any reason. The moment you attempted to even discuss this as impropriety, you will be called names or blamed for playing the racism/victim card or having PMS (courtesy @deank ) or something else. This holier than thou attitude for a commercial entity and the prejudice that is shown on this forum towards anyone who comes with a grievance is sickening to say the least.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Someone's having PMS.

• @deank said: Someone's having PMS.

Missed that in my post. Edited now. Thanks.

• r/HowToDealWithRejection

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2020

Like I always say, if you firmly believe that you are in supreme right, sue.

If not, bugger off.

Thanked by 10xbkt
  • @OsirisBlack said: HowToDealWithRejection

Create a SEO website titled "rejected by Hetzner" and funnel in all the rejected customers for the next summerhost project