Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedipath down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedipath down?

When visiting their site, http://portal.dedipath.com/, 522 error occurs. And I'm unable to connect to my server with them(LAX location) as well. I didn't receive any maintenance email from them about this outages. Did something unexpected happened?

tag @Ernie

Comments

• Same. What's happened?

• noirorionnoirorion Member
    edited August 2020

yes looks down.. also their main website

• looks like they are back... no explanation whatsoever

• @noirorion said:
    looks like they are back... no explanation whatsoever

Yeah, hope they could explain this later. But at least it's up.

• I experience this too. They replied on my ticket they said they will release official announcement shortly.

I am now doubting if I can use this server I got for production.
    I thinking of asking for refund. :-(

Thanked by 2bdl dz_paji
  • ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@jeorlie said:
    I experience this too. They replied on my ticket they said they will release official announcement shortly.

I am now doubting if I can use this server I got for production.
    I thinking of asking for refund. :-(

My apologies for the delay in my response. I have been working with our network team as well as the upstream to get you the best explanation one what occurred and the way forward. On Thursday, during a planned network maintenance window, we performed a core network capacity and performance upgrade. This was executed as planned and resulted in significantly less impact than planned for a majority of our partners.

As for the major concern, following the upgrade, we began to see what appeared to be ‘random’ flapping of our BGP sessions upstream. After investigation, we noticed that an upstream misconfiguration was causing an overload of the session engine. We then began coordinating a fix with the upstream to address the flood of data that was the root cause and a change was implemented. This change was implemented incorrectly which resulted in a loop that cause the service impact.

We have identified the root cause and a way forward. As for what that means, and what you care about, all services are curently stable, however we are planning and will send notification for, a future maintenance window that will prevent the need for this upstream reliance. This will be of minimal impact and prevent the need for any future such maintenance windows. As always, we treat our partners as we would like to be treated and take these issues very seriously. The highest levels of the organization are involved and are extremely sensitive to anything service impacting. Please do not hesitate to reach out with your concerns or questions and we’d be glad to address them.

Thanked by 1dz_paji