Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview with HostSolutions' Marius (cociu) now on LEB!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interview with HostSolutions' Marius (cociu) now on LEB!

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

LEB's series of interviews continues with some Q&A with the legendary @cociu of HostSolutions.ro.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview-qa-with-hostsolutions-marius-cociu/

"From the World’s Longest fsck to sharing picture of his wedding to sisters jokes to ever-amazing deals and specials, @cociu’s HostSolutions.ro has been a long-running fixture on LowEndTalk. It’d be a rare LET member who hasn’t had a HostSolutions VPS at some point. In this interview we hear from Marius (@cociu), HostSolutions‘ founder about his experience in hosting, how he sees the world, and how to make your marriage work."

Comments

• bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2020

"First, fuck you because maybe my wife will see the answer." cociu is awesome

• Was any of that edited or changed from the original response? Or is the whole typo fest reply gimmick just a gimmick?

I did like "so every guy knows every cable from the DC", but whole nodes can crash and no one seems to realize it.

Thanked by 2default miu
  • @PHDan said: Was any of that edited or changed from the original response? Or is the whole typo fest reply gimmick just a gimmick?

His first language isn't English... and I doubt it's important enough for him to care about.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Best interview ever. I like it hahaha

Thanked by 1cociu
  • cochoncochon Member
    edited August 2020

@PHDan said:
    is the whole typo fest reply gimmick just a gimmick?

I think it's just a gimmick, most of his comments on LET are in perfect English.

Edit: ;)

• LeviLevi Member

@cochon said:

@PHDan said:

I think it's just a gimmick, most of his comments on LET are in perfect English.

What are you smoking? His english is beyond horrible and barrely understandable.

Thanked by 1miu
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:

@cochon said:

@PHDan said:

What are you smoking? His english is beyond horrible and barrely understandable.

The Key of being successful Business men :smile:

• bdlbdl Member

@HostSlick said:

@LTniger said:

@cochon said:

@PHDan said:

The Key of being successful Business men :smile:

he has all the best words :)

• CdoeCdoe Member

@LTniger said:

@cochon said:

@PHDan said:

Seems like you ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • HostSolutions is one of the most cost-effective providers I have used. There were many problems when I first started using it, but now things are much better and I am very satisfied with it. :D

• LeviLevi Member

@Cdoe said:

@LTniger said:

@cochon said:

@PHDan said:

Yep, in a par with you. Two tools at internet forum trolling each other. Interesting life.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Nice interview - and the English is damn good enough to understand what @cociu wants to say.

My own experience with HS is limited and it seems I got my storage VPS at a rather late point in time when HS already had left the worst phase behind themselves. Their support seems to be much, much better now since @MikePT has come aboard.
    That said, unlike my friend and colleague, who knows cociu from the early days, I'm not yet so sure about HS improving considerably, but my friend said something that made me think and have a bit more confidence. He's said "That guy [cociu] started from zero and in not exactly the ideal country, and he made it. If that man now is seriously determined to improve HS up to a (good) NetSilvania level, he can and will achieve it".

We'll see I guess

@ "HeHe", the only commenter so far on LEB: have you been brought up in a pig pit? One doesn't piss on the meal!

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@PHDan said:
    Was any of that edited or changed from the original response? Or is the whole typo fest reply gimmick just a gimmick?

I tried to strike a balance between editing/readability and keeping Marius’s unique style.

Thanked by 2PHDan cociu
  • CdoeCdoe Member

@LTniger said:

@Cdoe said:

@LTniger said:

@cochon said:

@PHDan said:

Yep, in a par with you. Two tools at internet forum trolling each other. Interesting life.

• @PHDan said:
    Was any of that edited or changed from the original response? Or is the whole typo fest reply gimmick just a gimmick?

I did like "so every guy knows every cable from the DC", but whole nodes can crash and no one seems to realize it.

You can generally see a cable unplugged from 5 feet away. Can you see a node crash looking at the server box 5 feet away?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • So, tell me this, does cociu beat the Turing test or not?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2020

GPT-3 cociu. Do it.

• @TimboJones said: I take everything literally and can't see past my nose.

Hey everybody! Mr. Pedantic is here!!

• @PHDan said:

@TimboJones said: I take everything literally and can't see past my nose.

Hey everybody! Mr. Pedantic is here!!

Hey everybody! Mr. Asshole is here!!

It was a reference to them not monitoring anything, idiot. That wasn't even an example of being pedantic, FFS. Have a Snickers.

• Cociu is an interesting person because of his unique jokes and "fast english". If there's an error, he will not let it slow down.

Thanks for this interview.

• PHDanPHDan Member
    edited August 2020

@TimboJones said: It was a reference to them not monitoring anything, idiot.

The intent of the quote was to say that everyone involved at Rent-A-Wreck knows everything about the entire operation, dipfuck. Not to say that everyone knows what every cable plugs in to but not a fucking clue what happens after the cables are connected.

If you can't extrapolate that information then remove head from ass and try again.

• Where are the marriage pictures of Cociu? I want to see it please.

@ps20090 said: Where are the marriage pictures of Cociu? I want to see it please.

Oddly, I couldn't find them by searching or looking at this threads...but I remember them clearly. They were pictures of his huge Romanian wedding...in a lot of Eastern European countries, weddings are massive multi-day affairs.

Maybe @cociu remembers the thread...?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

@ps20090 said: Where are the marriage pictures of Cociu? I want to see it please.

Oddly, I couldn't find them by searching or looking at this threads...but I remember them clearly. They were pictures of his huge Romanian wedding...in a lot of Eastern European countries, weddings are massive multi-day affairs.

Maybe @cociu remembers the thread...?

Uh. Youre mixing up Balkans with Eastern Europe. Its not that common here.

@serv_ee said: Uh. Youre mixing up Balkans with Eastern Europe. Its not that common here.

My only experience was with Russian weddings (which are multi-day experiences), and Romanians seemed similar, but that's really the extent of my experience.

• @raindog308 said: Oddly, I couldn't find them by searching or looking at this threads...but I remember them clearly. They were pictures of his huge Romanian wedding...in a lot of Eastern European countries, weddings are massive multi-day affairs.

>

I found it, I will PM you. Just found one image and I think the website he made he closed it or something. I don't want to post it here as it shows his family faces and maybe he don't want others to see publicly or something lol.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited August 2020

@raindog308 said:

@serv_ee said: Uh. Youre mixing up Balkans with Eastern Europe. Its not that common here.

My only experience was with Russian weddings (which are multi-day experiences), and Romanians seemed similar, but that's really the extent of my experience.

True, Russians tend to have those but the rest of Eastern Europe (ex soviet countries) rarely do. And Romania is a Balkan country not Eastern European :p Balkans have very different culture than we do. Not even in a bad sense, Id love to take part in one of those weddings but Id never have one myself like that. Hell, I was tired after my ceremony already not to mention having a few more days of it lol

We did this mini euro trip with a bunch of people which two were from Serbia and holy hell, I aint no lightweight when it comes to drinking but after two days I just gave up, these people and their rakia, I cant keep up. They told me a little about their weddings as well and that stuff is just messed up lol

Thanked by 2raindog308 msallak1
  • @ps20090 said:

@raindog308 said: Oddly, I couldn't find them by searching or looking at this threads...but I remember them clearly. They were pictures of his huge Romanian wedding...in a lot of Eastern European countries, weddings are massive multi-day affairs.

>

I found it, I will PM you. Just found one image and I think the website he made he closed it or something. I don't want to post it here as it shows his family faces and maybe he don't want others to see publicly or something lol.

Pm me also?

Here's the thread - thanks @ps20090

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/87197/i-didnt-get-my-invitation-to-cocius-wedding-yet-anyone-else/p1

I guess the pic was sent by PM so I'll leave it up to @cociu if he wants to share.

• @raindog308 said: I guess the pic was sent by PM so I'll leave it up to @cociu if he wants to share.

you lost my pictures ?