Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US Targeting Chinese Carriers: Expansion of the Clean Network to Safeguard America’s Assets - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US Targeting Chinese Carriers: Expansion of the Clean Network to Safeguard America’s Assets

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@nature1 said:
    I read somewhere the GFW is simply some high end Huawei cluster routers/security inspection gateways (SIG) that are actually in the West (Equinix San Jose, LA, One Wilshire LA). They filter on US soil because there's latency problems if you filter it in China. It looks like the US gov is stopping ALL US IP transit sales to China? All this will do is for China to increase its IP Transit from Europe via Singapore/Cairo or the low latency trans-Russian route which is more expensive. I thought US intelligence gets a good reading of Chinese internet traffic at the source in California? Damn.

Curious what it means for all the providers buying cn2.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2020

@woteti said:

@jar said:
    Least we can do as a “thanks for lying about COVID-19.” I’d prefer a swift kick in the nuts to all of their government officials, strong enough to make sure they can’t have kids, but a middle finger will do.

China lied about covid by downplaying its severity. There are those outside of China doing the same, even after knowing all the facts.

The side that's mad about China for downplaying covid is usually the side that comes to the defense of western figures doing the same thing (usually tilted a certain way politically). There are exceptions of course. Kinda like setting a standard and immediately failing it.

True I was a big supporter of the time the US lied about a pandemic that started here as we massively exported the virus. I bought a cheerleading uniform just for the occasion. I sell photos of it on my onlyfans.

• @john564 said:

The US is officially building their own version of the GFW!

More like anti-CCP wall
    Its not to censor the citizens and stop them reading and writing.

"Internet censorship is the control or suppression of what can be accessed, published, or viewed on the Internet enacted by regulators, or on their own initiative."

wikipedia.

Thanked by 1default
  • The end is nigh.

• @jar said:

@woteti said:

@jar said:
    Least we can do as a “thanks for lying about COVID-19.” I’d prefer a swift kick in the nuts to all of their government officials, strong enough to make sure they can’t have kids, but a middle finger will do.

China lied about covid by downplaying its severity. There are those outside of China doing the same, even after knowing all the facts.

The side that's mad about China for downplaying covid is usually the side that comes to the defense of western figures doing the same thing (usually tilted a certain way politically). There are exceptions of course. Kinda like setting a standard and immediately failing it.

True I was a big supporter of the time the US lied about a pandemic that started here as we massively exported the virus. I bought a cheerleading uniform just for the occasion. I sell photos of it on my onlyfans.

I made no characterization of your support or cheerleading of anything, merely pointing out a general tendency.

Blaming the origin of the virus is like blaming the gulf of Mexico for exporting hurricanes.

Individuals within the US and China did downplay the severity of the virus and yes, lied about the pandemic.

just a flu
    cancer will kill more
    masks don't help
    it's going to disappear
    etc.

Different levels and flavors of lies maybe, but still lies.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ehhthing said: It's hard to blame China for not having freedom of speech if you are actively blocking their citizens from being able to speak.

Hold up...you're blaming the USA for Chinese citizens not having freedom of speech?

@john564 said: More like anti-CCP wall

We need to turn the GFW inside-out and simply wall off China from the rest of the internet.

• @nature1 said:
    I read somewhere the GFW is simply some high end Huawei cluster routers/security inspection gateways (SIG) that are actually in the West (Equinix San Jose, LA, One Wilshire LA). They filter on US soil because there's latency problems if you filter it in China. It looks like the US gov is stopping ALL US IP transit sales to China? All this will do is for China to increase its IP Transit from Europe via Singapore/Cairo or the low latency trans-Russian route which is more expensive. I thought US intelligence gets a good reading of Chinese internet traffic at the source in California? Damn.

Heh, I almost used a colo provider in California with good peering, good price, and all that. Stopped myself from doing that due to hints of ties to Chinese gov in my research.

Don't know how the new program will be implemented, but can't say no to more transparency.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited August 2020

@raindog308 said:

@ehhthing said: It's hard to blame China for not having freedom of speech if you are actively blocking their citizens from being able to speak.

Hold up...you're blaming the USA for Chinese citizens not having freedom of speech?

@john564 said: More like anti-CCP wall

We need to turn the GFW inside-out and simply wall off China from the rest of the internet.

What I was trying to describe is the fact that the only people this hurts are Chinese netizens that want to be able to talk freely. The CCP would actually prefer if Chinese citizens were blocked from accessing all US run websites because they'd rather have a private internet, hence the GFW. Before, they could not justify lack of access for all foreign websites, but now they do have a reason.

Of course, Chinese spies and hackers will still be able to access the US because they'll just create tunnels through other countries. Have fun catching that!

• Cold war2

• lowfanlowfan Member
    edited August 2020

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

This is what you want to believe.

Perhaps your wife or some body in your family is chinese :) LOL Lier :) Chinese here Chinese there Chinese every where

• Again all this will do is change the routing of the Chinese carriers primary path via Europe instead of the USA. It will force more China to Russia traffic to go direct (some of it is direct already) and WILL NOT STOP THE HACKERS BECAUSE THEY WILL SIMPLY CHANGE THE ROUTE VIA A VPN!

• nature1nature1 Member
    edited August 2020

Also the primary reason the Trump administration is doing this is for a stop to the Chinese hacking. Well why doesn't the US government create a national firewall and firewall the traffic with AI!? How about increasing our defenses instead of always complaining of stolen data. Also haven't the Chinese hackers read the Snowden disclosures!? The NSA monitors nearly every IP Transit link on the planet. Nothing is safe from them. I'm surprised Huawei hasn't read the Snowden documents and created a product that is safe from NSA interception.

• @lowfan said: Perhaps your wife or some body in your family is chinese LOL Lier Chinese here Chinese there Chinese every where

You better start accepting the truth. :) Looking at your profile you're struggling every single day... I'm sorry for you.

• @ehhthing said:

@rahulks said:

@ehhthing said: This is effectively doing that though. Like in a conceptual sense, there really isn't much difference. The GFW is just "protecting" a private highway. The internet isn't made to be a private highway. The point is to allow international communication, irrespective of location.

Consider this, Tit for tat for all these years of abuse from the Chinese side.

At the least, there will be transparency,Unlike on the not so great GFW.

It's hard to blame China for not having freedom of speech if you are actively blocking their citizens from being able to speak.

Not sure if language problem or if you're just trolling. What you said is exactly opposite. It should be:

It's easy to blame China for not having freedom of speech if they are actively blocking their citizens from being able to speak.

• @nature1 said:
    Also the primary reason the Trump administration is doing this is for a stop to the Chinese hacking. Well why doesn't the US government create a national firewall

GTFO. The Chinese hacked the US's most sensitive network and accessed the security clearance files. That took considerable State sponsored effort. It wasn't like they left the password at default or skipped Patch Tuesday one too many times.

• @nature1 said:
    Again all this will do is change the routing of the Chinese carriers primary path via Europe instead of the USA. It will force more China to Russia traffic to go direct (some of it is direct already) and WILL NOT STOP THE HACKERS BECAUSE THEY WILL SIMPLY CHANGE THE ROUTE VIA A VPN!

Watching the traffic patterns change is useful intelligence when tracking cunts like APT10. Thinking this is useless or pointless tells us you don't know shit.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @jsg said:
    AFAIC I'm neither pro nor anti China or USA - I'm pro real fairness and a really same level playing field (which I guess both sides don't offer).

Only in your head. When you equate Chinese and US Freedoms as essentially the same, it means you have a personality disorder.

• fkjfkj Member

@TimboJones said: When you equate Chinese and US Freedoms as essentially the same, it means you have a personality disorder.

Indeed, life is the most important freedom at all. The only place in the world outside the war zone where you will likely be killed by a gun, either police or massive shooter is the US.

@fkj said: Indeed, life is the most important freedom at all. The only place in the world outside the war zone where you will likely be killed by a gun, either police or massive shooter is the US.

That is ridiculously untrue. The US isn't even in the top 10.

"Only place"...LOL...there are nearly 4,000 people murdered by firearms in India per year, as an example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Thanked by 4TimboJones jar Pwner ntlx
  • @SCAM_DONT_BUY said: I bought my second Huawei product a while ago, and I'm happy with it.

Me too, Matebook X Pro and P30 Pro, both excellent products and I am reassured that the NSA/GCHQ failed to compromise Huawei products.

Thanked by 1TerensM
  • Burning the GFW into ashes means get rid of those GFW constructors and maintainers while not those ordinary people who are using Internet to communicate with people around the world.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2020

While I acknowledge that the CCP/poohbear does a 100 shitty(machiavelllian) things to maintain power and dominance , I'll pass on the coronavirus conspiracy that it was intentionally dispersed.

The SIGINT cold wars, they have begun.

• @TimboJones said:

@nature1 said:
    Also the primary reason the Trump administration is doing this is for a stop to the Chinese hacking. Well why doesn't the US government create a national firewall

GTFO. The Chinese hacked the US's most sensitive network and accessed the security clearance files. That took considerable State sponsored effort. It wasn't like they left the password at default or skipped Patch Tuesday one too many times.

Ditto the Russian.

That's why said above that it's better that they are also on the other side of this filter.

Knowing today's political climate though, people's anger only follows certain cues instead of addressing actual problems field personnel have long experienced.

• fkjfkj Member

@raindog308 said: "Only place"...LOL...there are nearly 4,000 people murdered by firearms in India per year, as an example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Indeed, but still way higher than China, no guns there. Also, we are talking about personal freedom so you cannot use India as an example, there are too many people there. And in terms of homicides per capita, your Wiki link does show US is the highest, if you exclude counties in war and gangs.

Thanked by 2woteti TerensM
  • fkjfkj Member

@TimboJones said: GTFO. The Chinese hacked the US's most sensitive network and accessed the security clearance files. That took considerable State sponsored effort. It wasn't like they left the password at default or skipped Patch Tuesday one too many times.

Now you see the importance of soft power of Hollywood, that when the state-sponsored CIA hack other countries, or try to do regime changes, they are the good guy; and when China and Russia try to do the same, they are the bad guys.

• @fkj said:

@TimboJones said: GTFO. The Chinese hacked the US's most sensitive network and accessed the security clearance files. That took considerable State sponsored effort. It wasn't like they left the password at default or skipped Patch Tuesday one too many times.

Now you see the importance of soft power of Hollywood, that when the state-sponsored CIA hack other countries, or try to do regime changes, they are the good guy; and when China and Russia try to do the same, they are the bad guys.

They are the bad guys because I'm on the receiving end of it ;)

Moral standards aren't followed consistently, that's why it's better to at least start with selfish motivations.

• fkjfkj Member

@Adam1 said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said: I bought my second Huawei product a while ago, and I'm happy with it.

Me too, Matebook X Pro and P30 Pro, both excellent products and I am reassured that the NSA/GCHQ failed to compromise Huawei products.

Bad news for you, Matebook still has Intel and Nvidia inside it, and it runs Windows :D

Thanked by 3Adam1 t0m ntlx

@fkj said: And in terms of homicides per capita, your Wiki link does show US is the highest, if you exclude counties in war and gangs.

You said "The only place in the world outside the war zone where you will likely be killed by a gun, either police or massive shooter is the US."

Costa Rica is in war? Brazil is at war? Canada? Italy? Finland? France? These all have firearm-related gun deaths. I guess it depends on what you mean by "likely". I would argue that even the highest on the list (Honduras, at 60 deaths per 100,000) is not "likely".

Thanked by 1ntlx
  • fkjfkj Member

@woteti said:

@fkj said:

They are the bad guys because I'm on the receiving end of it ;)

Moral standards aren't followed consistently, that's why it's better to at least start with selfish motivations.

I don't know what you believe in, so I'm just gonna paste the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule here, find the quote for your religion.

• fkjfkj Member

@raindog308 said: Costa Rica is in war? Brazil is at war? Canada? Italy? Finland? France? These all have firearm-related gun deaths. I guess it depends on what you mean by "likely". I would argue that even the highest on the list (Honduras, at 60 deaths per 100,000) is not "likely".

I don't think you know the meaning of "gang".