Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 8 - Beta now available
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 8 - Beta now available

AndruAndru Member
edited August 2020 in General

WHMCS 8.0 Beta Now Available

https://blog.whmcs.com/133633/version-80-beta-now-available

It's time to update now in this early stage ?
Your thoughts ?

What's new in WHMCS 8.0
Users and Client Accounts - Users are the new way to log in and share access to accounts
New Look Admin Area - A simplified, refined and optimised admin experience
Email Delivery Providers - For increased email reliability and deliverability
New Email Campaign Tool - Giving you more powerful bulk email functionality
Improved IDN Support - Accept orders for a broader range of domain names
Improved Currency Support - Support for 3 decimal places in tax rates
Time-Based Token Two-Factor Improvements - Providing a better UX around second factor security
Easier Cron Setup & Automation Management - A simplified cron experience with proactive alerts for issues
OAuth2 for SMTP - Ensuring compatibility for upcoming changes from email services
Transaction Reporting - Giving you greater insights into business performance
New Minimum PHP Requirement + Library Updates - WHMCS 8.0 requires PHP 7.2 or later
... from WHMCS Site

Thanked by 1raindog308

Comments

• I expected more. Admin sidebar looks like shit and it's still Bootstrap 3. The only really relevant new feature is the user account functionality.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Common sense dictates that one should never use beta product in live environment especially if your business is depended on it.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I personally wouldn't touch Beta yet - but that's what its for (I understand). :P

• Great, will you post a download link for the nulled version, zuby2402?

• AndruAndru Member
    edited August 2020

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    Great, will you post a download link for the nulled version, zuby2402?

later, stay tuned!

• waiting for the nulled version :smiley:

• @hostfactor said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

later, stay tuned!

???

• @doghouch said:

@hostfactor said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

later, stay tuned!

???

ironic.

• A moderator/administrator changed his nickname on LowEndTalk, he was previously known as zuby2402. I caught him posting a fake review for his own host, later on found that he's distributing nulled WHMCS.

Proof here and on other websites too, don't wanna link anymore of them.

Fake review can be found on HostedTalk, probably somewhere deep. Can still be searched though. I posted a download link of a saved version since he tried to remove it.

@hostfactor said: ironic.

Yeah, ironic, that you're posting about a new WHMCS version. :)

• "Improved Currency Support"
    "Support for 3 decimal places in tax rates"

Says it all really

Thanked by 2Ticaga webcraft
  • @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

A moderator/administrator changed his nickname on LowEndTalk, he was previously known as zuby2402. I caught him posting a fake review for his own host, later on found that he's distributing nulled WHMCS.

Fake review can be found on HostedTalk, probably somewhere deep. Can still be searched though. I posted a download link of a saved version since he tried to remove it.

Final reply to this, @SCAM_DONT_BUY : Things changed.

I've opened this thread only to see what are thoughts about this whmcs 8, since it was a waited version of whmcs, but I think it was a mistake from my side.

• @hostfactor said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

A moderator/administrator changed his nickname on LowEndTalk, he was previously known as zuby2402. I caught him posting a fake review for his own host, later on found that he's distributing nulled WHMCS.

Final reply to this, @SCAM_DONT_BUY : Things changed.

I've opened this thread only to see what are thoughts about this whmcs 8, since it was a waited version of whmcs, but I think it was a mistake from my side.

Things like that rarely change in less than a year.

• @serv_ee said: Things like that rarely change in less than a year.

You have to pretend, LET is a huge business opportunity for hosts that couldn't survive in the wild by themselves. Even if you're not a provider, you can still spam your signature which is what he's doing right now.

• AndruAndru Member
    edited August 2020

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@serv_ee said: Things like that rarely change in less than a year.

You have to pretend, LET is a huge business opportunity for hosts that couldn't survive in the wild by themselves. Even if you're not a provider, you can still spam your signature which is what he's doing right now.

Oh man.. this wasn't my intention. Please stop this hate.
    I've deleted my signature, just for you.
    Things changed.

• Can't find a screenshot of the admin area in a proper resolution, someone got that?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dustinc said:
    I personally wouldn't touch Beta yet - but that's what its for (I understand). :P

I've made a policy to let @MikeA do public testing for me.

Failing that I stay at least 1 - 2 versions behind unless I have to move up.

Francisco

Thanked by 2dustinc MichaelCee
  • jhjh Member

Does it still look more or less like the early versions of WHMCS from ~2005?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

@Francisco said:

@dustinc said:

I've made a policy to let @MikeA do public testing for me.

Failing that I stay at least 1 - 2 versions behind unless I have to move up.

Francisco

I just now updated to the 7.10.2 update after avoiding it for weeks. No way in hell I'm touching 8 since it's a big release.

• @Tr33n said:
    I expected more. Admin sidebar looks like shit and it's still Bootstrap 3. The only really relevant new feature is the user account functionality.

I would say I'm surprised, but I'm not at all. It quite sad actually, with all of the money they are bringing in you'd think they would invest it back into the product.

• @TerensM said: Can't find a screenshot of the admin area in a proper resolution, someone got that?

https://imgur.com/a/S3TNEo7

• Tr33nTr33n Member
    edited August 2020

@SlingHost said: with all of the money they are bringing in you'd think they would invest it back into the product.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they now belong to an investment group and they probably have to make as much profit as possible. On the other hand WHMCS is being actively developed, just in the wrong places. Nobody wants a SSL checker and other nonsense. They don't listen on client feedback anymore, even long before the takeover by WebPros. Feedbacks on requests.whmcs.com are going to /dev/null.

What is really important is a better client template, legally correct billing and an improved checkout experience.

Don't get me wrong. I love WHMCS, but I don't like the way things are going.

• @Tr33n said:

@TerensM said: Can't find a screenshot of the admin area in a proper resolution, someone got that?

Is it me or it looks like blesta?

• i hope they improve soon crm and project management tool

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:

@Tr33n said:

@TerensM said: Can't find a screenshot of the admin area in a proper resolution, someone got that?

Is it me or it looks like blesta?

Their developers team just behind Blesta team as definitely looks more like Blesta.

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

Honestly I have no desire to ever update my WHMCS again, unless there's a security patch. Our setup works for what we need it to do, and from my experience, the updates usually just introduce useless features that we won't ever use, and break stuff that already works.

• Wow, that escalated quickly.. OP were banned.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• @Neoon said:

Is that from Beirut? 😂
    Too soon?

• imokimok Member

@t0ny0 said: Too soon?

Dude

• imokimok Member

@Tr33n said:

Really? That's how WHMCS looks like in the backend? Aren't they a million-dollar company?

Thanked by 1Ticaga