Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 core and 1gb ram vps server or higher plan if cpu/ram ratio stays same
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4 core and 1gb ram vps server or higher plan if cpu/ram ratio stays same

I need 4 core and 1gb ram machine. but higher plans are ok if cpu/ram ratio stays same. for example 6 core 1.5gb ram

I need 1 core per 256mb ram.

15gb storage.
1-3 tb bandwith
500mbit or more connection speed.

Europe location is better.

Comments

• Whats your budget and realistic CPU usage like? Are you using 100% of all cores all of the time?

• @WSCallum said:
    Whats your budget and realistic CPU usage like? Are you using 100% of all cores all of the time?

Actually i don't need cpu power. İ will run node js in my server. Even 20 percent of cpu is fine.

İ dont have a fixed budget. But max i can give 5- 6 USD. But cheaper is better

• VPS provider does not provide 4 core with 5/monthly

• You could get 4 vcore VPS for 5-6 USD/month but you won't be able to use them.

The host has to pay for the server hardware, bandwidth, IP, licenses, support...easily cost at least $150/month for a simple dedicated server with say 8-core/16T. To earn a living, he has to generate at least 50% on top of that or about $225/month.

At $6/month, he has to fit aboutt 40 VPSes in that box. Each with 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 vcores, it doesn't matter. The ratio between the # of VPSes and the # of real cores is. So on average, every VPS on that box get about 20% of a CPU core, not counting the overhead of virtualization.

If each VPS has exactly 1 vCore, that 1 vCore equals 20% of the physical core. The host can sell you 4 vCores in that same VPS for the same $6/month. However, each vCore now only worths 5% of the real CPU core. The real computing power is worse because of excessive context switching.

Thanked by 1uzaysan
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

are you interested in 8 shared vcores on old and rusty CPU for 3.95 ?
    https://my.xsl.tel/cart.php?gid=17

• @Xsltel said:
    are you interested in 8 shared vcores on old and rusty CPU for 3.95 ?
    https://my.xsl.tel/cart.php?gid=17

Can you replace hdd with ssd. Plan gives 270gb hdd but. all ı need is 15gb ssd

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

@uzaysan
    https://www.xsl.tel/hosting/virtualized-servers-vps/standard-virtualized-servers-vps
    CPU is pretty new E2276G and node is virtually empty for now.
    I can offer you 10% off recurring, 15% off for 6 billing cycles, 25% off for 3 billing cycles.

• @jbuggie said:
    You could get 4 vcore VPS for 5-6 USD/month but you won't be able to use them.

The host has to pay for the server hardware, bandwidth, IP, licenses, support...easily cost at least $150/month for a simple dedicated server with say 8-core/16T. To earn a living, he has to generate at least 50% on top of that or about $225/month.

At $6/month, he has to fit aboutt 40 VPSes in that box. Each with 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 vcores, it doesn't matter. The ratio between the # of VPSes and the # of real cores is. So on average, every VPS on that box get about 20% of a CPU core, not counting the overhead of virtualization.

If each VPS has exactly 1 vCore, that 1 vCore equals 20% of the physical core. The host can sell you 4 vCores in that same VPS for the same $6/month. However, each vCore now only worths 5% of the real CPU core. The real computing power is worse because of excessive context switching.

yes, you are right if someone provides then they are really a scammer.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@uzaysan Contabo: 4CPU/8GB RAM/200GB SSD - 4.99€. Just connection is 200Mbits.