Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What??? OneProvider:Atom C2338 is C2350! the same CPU with a different name... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What??? OneProvider:Atom C2338 is C2350! the same CPU with a different name...

2»

Comments

• @Ahfaiahkid said:

@CConner said:

@bacloud said:
    Drama for $ 7.14 / month and just 2 digits difference. Actually it is the same CPU.
    I spent this amount on my daily lunch 1 hour ago at a restaurant LOL

So you wouldn't ask questions if you got a vegan sandwich instead of a bacon sandwich?

I think this is more of a cheeseburger and a hamburger.

No way, cheese is a paid add-on for sure.

This is more like, "I ordered sourdough but got white bread instead".

Thanked by 1CConner
  • @jeorlie said:

tnx for the heads up. I almost ordered 1.

I ordered one if these cheap boxes and it's working just fine. It's inside an Online.net DC after all.

Just buy one and test it. At this price the only thing that can beat them are Kimsufi.

• @CyberneticTitan said:

@jeorlie said:

I ordered one if these cheap boxes and it's working just fine. It's inside an Online.net DC after all.

Just buy one and test it. At this price the only thing that can beat them are Kimsufi.

Sorry I am not familiar with Online.net. Do you know them or have you tried their service before?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2020

@jeorlie said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

@jeorlie said:

Sorry I am not familiar with Online.net. Do you know them or have you tried their service before?

Their pricing good but network and support sucks

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • when I tried opening online.net I am redirected to scaleway. Did scaleway acquired them or partnered with them?

I already ordered one. I am making this our other back up server. I'll try them for a month or two. I hope I am not wrong trusting them. :-)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@jar said: The real crime is trying to install Windows on a 2 core Atom. I think I'd rather drink paint.

My surface gen 3 on Atom (x7) actually works pretty well. Sure I'm not going to be gaming on it but as a device I take on holidays for SSH and ticketing access it works really well.

@jeorlie said:
    when I tried opening online.net I am redirected to scaleway. Did scaleway acquired them or partnered with them?

I already ordered one. I am making this our other back up server. I'll try them for a month or two. I hope I am not wrong trusting them. :-)

Online and scaleway are same. They just change their brand name

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Has OP sued yet?

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • hzrhzr Member

The 2338 is actually better than the 2350. Supports NX bit.

There is no other difference. If you want stupid comparisons, you have two cheeseburgers, but they came from different identical cows standing next to each other.

• @hzr said:
    The 2338 is actually better than the 2350. Supports NX bit.

There is no other difference. If you want stupid comparisons, you have two cheeseburgers, but they came from different identical cows with different names standing next to each other.

sigh FTFY

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

OP, I recommend you contact Michelle:

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/AboutUs/Pages/HighCommissioner.aspx

• @xiaopigu do you get refund, finally?

• @deank said:
    Has OP sued yet?

............ :|

@youandri said:
    @xiaopigu do you get refund, finally?

No...I have closed the ticket.

You see that most people above said that the performance of C2338 is similar to C2350.

I know i can't win....the right to speak is in their hands...

If i request further...I'm afraid they will block my account...

opening this post to let people know that this could happen... :smile:

• @jar said:
    Normally I'd be down for a good trashing of a provider for quietly delivering an inferior CPU to what was advertised, but I'm gonna have to add a +1 to: this is the same CPU and there's no way your project is hurt by the reported model number.

The real crime is trying to install Windows on a 2 core Atom. I think I'd rather drink paint.

Benjamin moore or Sherman Williams though?

Thanked by 2raindog308 jar
    edited August 2020

@xiaopigu said:

@deank said:
    Has OP sued yet?

............ :|

@youandri said:
    @xiaopigu do you get refund, finally?

No...I have closed the ticket.

You see that most people above said that the performance of C2338 is similar to C2350.

I know i can't win....the right to speak is in their hands...

If i request further...I'm afraid they will block my account...

opening this post to let people know that this could happen... :smile:

Might is Right..

Btw, you did nothing wrong here. If you order a particular model they advertise and want exactly that model then provider must give you that exact model otherwise they must issue a full refund even if both model work similar.

It's your money so you will decide, if you want to eat Lemon then why you will accept Apple even both have Vitamin C.

Anyway good luck for your future deal. Try to communicate with provider before you placed your order.

Thanked by 1xiaopigu
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2020

as others pointed out it is the same model, it's just a different mechanical build.
    there is no difference in strength whatsoever.

the only difference is, that the way windows could be installed on that whole proprietary system within a VM and all that fuzz might not work because it is specifically build for their own c2350 system, which might also come with a different board and require different drivers etc.

so the reason is most likely not the embedded CPU at all but its surroundings.

however as oneprovider pointed out they did not offer nor guarantue the possibility to install windows on that box, hence you got exactly what you ordered no matter the number on that cpu identifier. I heavily doubt any court would rule that otherwise only just because assumed to get a system where you can use some workaround method to install windows. as said that probably does not even fail because of the CPU but because of other things around it...

PS: on top... it is ONEPROVIDER, so what did you expect? :D

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • honestly just charge back at this point. like ordering a turkey sub and getting ham instead with the clerks justification being there's no real meat in either of them... Oneproviders fault for not listing or equivalent cpu instead of listing specific model.

• @james50a said:
    honestly just charge back at this point. like ordering a turkey sub and getting ham instead with the clerks justification being there's no real meat in either of them... Oneproviders fault for not listing or equivalent cpu instead of listing specific model.

Dude, we've been over the metaphors already and you're just wrong. Not turkey vs ham, it'd be like strips of turkey vs slices of turkey. It's the exact same content in a different format. Same taste.

Thanked by 2angstrom AlwaysSkint