Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Disabled my Account! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Disabled my Account!

2»

Comments

• lots of frauds.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @manuboss - Sending us your passport is not a guarantee that you will receive an account. There are many things about a passport that may still make the account stand out. I don't want to go into detail because it makes it easier for spammers/scammers to know what NOT to do. I am sorry that we are non-transparent about our methods, but we are non-transparent for a good reason. It really does help us prevent abuse.
    You can try re-doing your account and offer to pre-pay. However, if you receive no response, then that is a sign that our team has not accepted your account a second time. Please accept that as our final answer. --Katie

Thanked by 1dergelbe
  • umiumi Member
    edited July 2020

I have many nerve cells alive and happy after moving out my hostings from Germany. The only one left is from OVH and it seems doesn't affect by this madness for a good reason.

• @hanzen said:
    Hi, I just created a Hetzner Cloud Account and uploaded my Government Issued ID card copy and now it has been disabled in just 5 min. Any suggestion what can I do now?

Same thing happened to me about 6 months ago. Never heard back.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2020

Seeing these posts here, I'm personally constantly wondering when Hetzner decides to disconnect my account too despite me loyaly paying over 130€+/m every month for over 2 years to them. I can't even imagine hosting anything serious/mission critical on this provider as long as it treats it's customers without any predictable course of action.

Its literally like having Trump in charge.. You have no idea what it decides to do suddenly.

Like, please, @Hetzner_OL fix your house and do something to ensure/explain that a normal customer is allowed to sometimes cancel the server within 1-3 days of ordering without any reason provided, as long as he pays his bills and does not cancel too often without any good reason. Right now having canceled total 3 servers in my Hetzner history due to various reasons after testing, but still retaining one expensive server, I'm kinda afraid to finally do the long term expand since idk if you decide to suddenly ask for my passport and then terminate me after I provide it, cause im a Finnish person with Russian/Balkan-like surname.

Reading this thread, right now your accounting department sounds like insanity incarnate where everyone screams out of misery.

Best regards,
    Your Loyal Customer (2 Years+).

Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • @stefeman said:
    Seeing these posts here, I'm personally constantly wondering when Hetzner decides to disconnect my account too despite me loyaly paying over 130€+/m every month for over 2 years to them. I can't even imagine hosting anything serious/mission critical on this provider as long as it treats it's customers without any predictable course of action.

Its literally like having Trump in charge.. You have no idea what it decides to do suddenly.

Like, please, @Hetzner_OL fix your house and do something to ensure/explain that a normal customer is allowed to sometimes cancel the server within 1-3 days of ordering without any reason provided, as long as he pays his bills and does not cancel too often without any good reason. Right now having canceled total 3 servers in my Hetzner history due to various reasons after testing, but still retaining one expensive server, I'm kinda afraid to finally do the long term expand since idk if you decide to suddenly ask for my passport and then terminate me after I provide it, cause im a Finnish person with Russian/Balkan-like surname.

Reading this thread, right now your accounting department sounds like insanity incarnate.

Seems slightly unfair - If your account was processed without issue then they had no problem with the details you provided, they aren’t just randomly going to ask you for ID a few years down the line now, its too late at that point. Its a process for new accounts when they place their first order before delivery of the ordered service takes place

edited July 2020

@WSCallum said:

@stefeman said:

Reading this thread, right now your accounting department sounds like insanity incarnate.

Seems slightly unfair - If your account was processed without issue then they had no problem with the details you provided, they aren’t just randomly going to ask you for ID a few years down the line now, its too late at that point. Its a process for new accounts when they place their first order before delivery of the ordered service takes place

That's the thing.. I dont fucking know.. And I can't trust that after reading all these posts.. and some more from other forums.. They need some transparency even at the cost of abuse.. When new customers are treated like shit, the long time ones start to feel stressed too, eventually..

Thanked by 2quicksilver03 javax1
  • @stefeman said:

@WSCallum said:

@stefeman said:

That's the thing.. I dont fucking know.. And I can't trust that after reading all these posts.. and some more from other forums.. They need some transparency even at the cost of abuse.. When new customers are treated like shit, the long time ones start to feel stressed too, eventually..

All these posts and all the other posts you found are new customers trying to get verified, as for cancelling servers, as long as you dont do it like one of the guy who ordered multiple but then cancelling after cycling for the best drives, im sure they wont ask for your id, as i've cancelled my fair share of servers after finding the one that suits my needs.

• @stefeman said:

@WSCallum said:

@stefeman said:

Absolutely any company could do this at any point though? Most companies have a clause which allow them to terminate your service(s) at any time for any reason.

The vast majority of what you're seeing is about them preventing abuse and being strict with which customers they let in, if anything is even slightly off its a no go, and absolutely a some will be false positives but thats life. If you want stability, preventing abuse is the best way so no - They should not be any more transparent at the cost of allowing abuse into their network.

Ultimately if you aren't feeling like your services are secure now then look at moving to another provider.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2020

Paranoid much? All the people who are having issues with Hetzner are those who are trying to get in fanatically.

You are already in.

My advice: Seek help, mental one.

Thanked by 2PHDan vimalware
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:

Reading this thread, right now your accounting department sounds like insanity incarnate where everyone screams out of misery.

Best regards,
    Your Loyal Customer (2 Years+).

We have many nodes with Hetzner as well as Colocation and are not paranoid of any account suspension as we are doing legal and nonabusive service on our machines. Hetzner is a reputable company in the hosting community. As many have already mentioned, the posts you are reading are for new clients trying to obtain servers for the first time. As an existing client, the only reason I would see a need to be paranoid is if you start doing something sketchy with your service or account which would raise alarms.
    If you are using the service the same way you have been for 2+ years as you say, Hetzner has no reason to terminate your account. After all, they are a company out to make money, losing clients does not achieve that goal.

Thanked by 1stefeman
    edited July 2020

@deank said:
    Paranoid much? All the people who are having issues with Hetzner are those who are trying to get in fanatically.

Well, they report being rejected cause of their name or nationality. Having a foreign surname myself, I think its warranted to ask questions in this situation given what happened to others even if im already in. I dont want to get kicked suddenly if I have to decide to rely on the provider for long term, so its hard to ignore others being banned for the same reasons that they could ban me as well for. What im saying, is theres a trust issue, and hetzner should fix how they treat the new customers.

also, did you even read my post/arguments before commenting? lol.

Yes, I have indeed read your posts, and there was no point.

If you have a trust issue with your partner, like I said, seek help, mental one.

• LeeLee Veteran

@stefeman said: I dont want to get kicked suddenly if I have to decide to rely on the provider for long term, so its hard to ignore others being banned for the same reasons that they could ban me as well for. What im saying, is theres a trust issue, and hetzner should fix how they treat the new customers.

You have been with Hetzner 2 years and it worries you they will cut your service without warning by doing nothing wrong. If you are uncomfortable, move to a different provider, you are in control.

I have yet to see any verifiable case of Hetzner simply cutting off someone just because.

edited July 2020

@deank said:

If you have a trust issue with your partner, like I said, seek help, mental one.

@Lee said:

You have been with Hetzner 2 years and it worries you they will cut your service without warning by doing nothing wrong. If you are uncomfortable, move to a different provider, you are in control.

I have yet to see any verifiable case of Hetzner simply cutting off someone just because.

If a provider banned others for same reason they would have valid reason to ban you as well for (name, nationality, ocassional rare cases of canceling), would you not think about the possibility of getting suddenly terminated yourself too? I think that makes perfect sense to ask question(s) in this case when the discussion is still ongoing, before you plan to invest another 200€/m to the hosting provider.

edited July 2020

Not in this case, since they have no record of kicking already approved accounts out unless they have done something stupid (abusive) or been inactive for a period of time.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    Sending us your passport is not a guarantee that you will receive an account. There are many things about a passport that may still make the account stand out.

Has anyone ever sent a picture of their Blackberry Passport? And you just approved it for the lulz?

• Pay 50% more and move to another provider if it bothers you. The risk management (all kinds) is priced-in to Hetzner's low low prices.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @stefeman said:

@deank said:

@Lee said:

If a provider banned others for same reason they would have valid reason to ban you as well for (name, nationality, ocassional rare cases of canceling), would you not think about the possibility of getting suddenly terminated yourself too? I think that makes perfect sense to ask question(s) in this case when the discussion is still ongoing, before you plan to invest another 200€/m to the hosting provider.

I know now why ur paranoid, you arent doing legal things on your box such as running a public tracker.

• @hanzen said:

@ewrek said:
    Make new accounts unit they ban your IP. /s

So you mean to make a new account with a VPN? Is there no way to get my previous account back. And what if that too gets banned. This is insane why do they disable it for no reason?

I'm sure there is a reason. What are you up to?

edited July 2020

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@stefeman said:

@deank said:

@Lee said:

I know now why ur paranoid, you arent doing legal things on your box such as running a public tracker.

I am doing legal things. I run a proxmox node with multiple VPSs, mostly gameservers. I don't do torrents on hetzner obviously, I leave that stuff for OVH servers. And no, I don't run a fucking tracker.. Like how did you come up with that stupid idea?

When one's unreasonably paranoid, there are two things to look for, from outsider's view.

1. The dude's got something to hide.
    2. The dude's unstable.

In this case, I am going for 2.

• Once again, im just saying that given how hetzner treats its new customers, the old ones get nervous too. Theres nothing mental about that.

The problem exists in a fact that you think Hetzner is being a racist or something of that nature. I feel that when you state, "How Hetzner treats its new customers".

The reality appears to be that, when they deny a potential customer, there are generally solid reasons for that.
    And it is not just Hetzner. They just have more strict filters.

Another important thing to note is "potential". They were rejected and were not customers to begin with.

You are being mental.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2020

@stefeman said: the old ones get nervous too.

Not sure they do, it is paranoia on your part I think.

Hetzner, as mentioned before, is a highly automated, low-cost provider, this model does not work well when significant human intervention is required from a cost viewpoint.

Cheap, high resource providers like Hetzner are a shit magnet hence you tend to see more 'OMG Hetzner said no' type threads on sites like this, not so much anywhere else though, what does that tell you?

They are not going to terminate customers who are in the door and paying their bills unless they do something wrong or perhaps even those customers who have been active for a couple of years and for whatever reason Hetzner joins the dots, realises the client is a previous bad debtor or ban evader and still shows them the door despite being 'good' ever since.

• scookescooke Member

i think this should just be locked at this point.