Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What??? OneProvider:Atom C2338 is C2350! the same CPU with a different name...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What??? OneProvider:Atom C2338 is C2350! the same CPU with a different name...

OneProvider is doing "SUMMER SALE".

So I order Atom C2350 for $7.14...

When they deliver the server... I log in and run Benchmark... then I found...

CPU is C2338! Not C2350...NO way!They must be mistaken...

So i open ticket ask then:

me:

Why my server CPU is "Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2338 @ 1.74GHz"?

I order C2350...not C2338

What happened?

i need C2350

please help replace...

OP Staff:

Hello,

Thank you for your request.

We are sorry for the inconveniences.

Please provide us with proofs it is C2338 so that we could move forward.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

me:

OK~ Screenshot.

OP Staff:

Hello,

This is actually the same CPU with same performance, C2338 is just the embedded architecture.

me:

NOT THE SAME~ At least it is different in my project.

I can't work in “C2338”...

Please provide C2350 according to the contract... thanks :)

OP Staff:

This is the same CPU with a different name, If you meant for installing Windows via rescue mode, this is not something we can't guarantee.

me:

This machine is not what I need

Doesn't meet contract requirements

Can you help with refund?

OP Staff:

Unfortunately, we do not provide refunds for already delivered services.

You will need to request a cancellation at the end of the billing cycle if you do not wish to use that server.

C2338 = C2350 ?~ What do you think?

Are they right or my fault?

I can't apply for a refund anyway... So sad...

Comments

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2020

OVH did this a couple times to us. We ordered a E3 1231v3 and got a E5 1620v3 instead. Eventually got them replaced after nagging enough.

If they keep refusing to give you the product you ordered, go ahead and file a chargeback I'd say.

• This is actually almost the exact same cpu. Exact same performance. The TDP of the C2338 is a bit higher, that's all.

Online.net states in their documentation that you either get a C2338 or C2350, so this is really as per your agreement.

I'm not very fond of Online.net or Oneprovider but they're not really doing anything wrong here.

• I agree with whats said, its the same range of CPU offering the same specs/performance, there isn’t really much of an issue here apart from the fact that you ordered from OneProvider in the first place.

Thanked by 1xiaopigu
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

You have your requirements and so you're paying for what was advertised, an Atom C2350, but you ended up getting an Atom C2338 instead. Even though they may have similar (or identical) specifications, they are still 2 different products.

Technically, it might not be an issue, but if you were to look at this from a customer's billing/invoicing/contractual whatever perspective, then that could be an issue - not getting what you have been billed and paid for.

Like @M2DEV has mentioned, they should at least state on the website or order form upfront that you could be getting either one, depending on their availability. If that can't be done, they could've sent you a mail when they received the order.

So it all depends on you. If you absolutely need the C2350 but they deployed a C2338 instead without letting you know, then they've cheated you from my point of view. But if you're ok with what has been delivered, considering their specifications, then so be it.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Drama for $ 7.14 / month and just 2 digits difference. Actually it is the same CPU.
    I spent this amount on my daily lunch 1 hour ago at a restaurant LOL

Thanked by 2TerensM spectraip

@bacloud said:
    Drama for $ 7.14 / month and just 2 digits difference. Actually it is the same CPU.

So you wouldn't ask questions if you got a vegan sandwich instead of a bacon sandwich?

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@CConner said:

@bacloud said:

So you wouldn't ask questions if you got a vegan sandwich instead of a bacon sandwich?

It is the same CPU, so in that logic, I got the same bacon sandwich.

Thanked by 2vovler webcraft
  • This oneprovider are they good? What about their uptime?

• @jeorlie said:
    This oneprovider are they good? What about their uptime?

No.

• @CConner said:

@bacloud said:

I think this is more of a cheeseburger and a hamburger.

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@CConner said:

@bacloud said:

I think this is more of a cheeseburger and a hamburger.

Yeah fair.

• @jeorlie said:

No.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2020

Normally I'd be down for a good trashing of a provider for quietly delivering an inferior CPU to what was advertised, but I'm gonna have to add a +1 to: this is the same CPU and there's no way your project is hurt by the reported model number.

The real crime is trying to install Windows on a 2 core Atom. I think I'd rather drink paint.

• @t0ny0 said:

@jeorlie said:

No.

tnx for the heads up. I almost ordered 1.

• LMFTFY

@jeorlie said: oneprovider reseller

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@bacloud said:

So that's how you run the business?
    Contacts with clients have no value to you?

Wow..

Either it's $7.14 or $7 billion a person works hard to earn that money. No one gets money for free.

It doesn't matter if both CPU performs same, If customer wants the CPU he/she ordered then host must provide that or else issue refund.

• edited July 2020

Do they have similar performance?

Not your fault.

If they have similar performance, use the service up and move to something else next month if you like. Remember they have specific cancellation process, like 7 days before renewal, you have to cancel. Please check.
    If you really want a refund, go for support ticket, then charge back.

Not sure it's worth your time...

Thanked by 1xiaopigu
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

If you feel wronged, sue. That's the only way to prove yourself.

Having said that, they are basically the same CPU, so even if you win in the court, you will only get few cents.

Thanked by 1xiaopigu
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2020

I looked at the specs and only differences were down to how system integrators "build the box"
    Non-issue. Move along, nothing to see..

Oh,my Oneprovider server has been absolutely fine, for my purposes - nextcloud tertiary file backups.

• out of curiosity what use case do you have that actually causes a difference between the 2 cpu's listed?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    I looked at the specs and only differences were down to how system integrators "build the box"
    Non-issue. Move along, nothing to see..

Oh,my Oneprovider server has been absolutely fine, for my purposes - nextcloud tertiary file backups.

What server do you have?

• @CConner said:
    OVH did this a couple times to us. We ordered a E3 1231v3 and got a E5 1620v3 instead. Eventually got them replaced after nagging enough.

If they keep refusing to give you the product you ordered, go ahead and file a chargeback I'd say.

@debaser said:
    This is actually almost the exact same cpu. Exact same performance. The TDP of the C2338 is a bit higher, that's all.

Online.net states in their documentation that you either get a C2338 or C2350, so this is really as per your agreement.

I'm not very fond of Online.net or Oneprovider but they're not really doing anything wrong here.

@M2DEV said:
    Yes they should specify you could get either one, but, take a look here:
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/77976/intel-atom-processor-c2338-1m-cache-1-70-ghz.html
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/77977/intel-atom-processor-c2350-1m-cache-1-70-ghz.html

Personally all this is a non-issue, you will lose nothing on performance.

@WSCallum said:
    I agree with whats said, its the same range of CPU offering the same specs/performance, there isn’t really much of an issue here apart from the fact that you ordered from OneProvider in the first place.

@thedp said:
    You have your requirements and so you're paying for what was advertised, an Atom C2350, but you ended up getting an Atom C2338 instead. Even though they may have similar (or identical) specifications, they are still 2 different products.

Technically, it might not be an issue, but if you were to look at this from a customer's billing/invoicing/contractual whatever perspective, then that could be an issue - not getting what you have been billed and paid for.

Like @M2DEV has mentioned, they should at least state on the website or order form upfront that you could be getting either one, depending on their availability. If that can't be done, they could've sent you a mail when they received the order.

So it all depends on you. If you absolutely need the C2350 but they deployed a C2338 instead without letting you know, then they've cheated you from my point of view. But if you're ok with what has been delivered, considering their specifications, then so be it.

@jar said:
    Normally I'd be down for a good trashing of a provider for quietly delivering an inferior CPU to what was advertised, but I'm gonna have to add a +1 to: this is the same CPU and there's no way your project is hurt by the reported model number.

The real crime is trying to install Windows on a 2 core Atom. I think I'd rather drink paint.

@greattomeetyou said:

Do they have similar performance?

Not your fault.

If they have similar performance, use the service up and move to something else next month if you like. Remember they have specific cancellation process, like 7 days before renewal, you have to cancel. Please check.
    If you really want a refund, go for support ticket, then charge back.

Not sure it's worth your time...

@deank said:
    If you feel wronged, sue. That's the only way to prove yourself.

Having said that, they are basically the same CPU, so even if you win in the court, you will only get few cents.

• @james50a said:
    out of curiosity what use case do you have that actually causes a difference between the 2 cpu's listed?

Like they said...

Suppose i need to use "Windows"

C2350 YES :)

C2338 NO :'(

Is that different between 2 CPU?

• momkinmomkin Member

@xiaopigu said:

@james50a said:
    out of curiosity what use case do you have that actually causes a difference between the 2 cpu's listed?

Like they said...

Suppose i need to use "Windows"

C2350 YES :)

C2338 NO :'(

Is that different between 2 CPU?

Take a look
    https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/operating-system/distribution-server/windows-server-suchard

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited July 2020

Even if the value of the product is 99 cent and the provider does not delivers what was advertised / contracted and runs away from issuing the refund, then simply chargeback.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

And then sue.

You will burn the bridge with the provider but who cares. Principle matters.

• @youandri said:
    What server do you have?

Operating System: Debian 9, 64 bits
    CPU: Intel Atom C2350 - 1.7 GHz - 2 core(s)
    RAM: 4GB - DDR3
    HDD: 1x 1TB (HDD SATA)
    IP: 2

(Repurposed recently to proxmox backup server.)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@deank said: And then sue.

Meh...been done before.

Go postal for a change of pace.

You'll be famous as the only person who went on a shooting spree shouting "An Atom C2338 is not a C2350!"

• ^ Epilepsy warning!!!

Thanked by 1TimboJones