Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions VPS has downing 2 day. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions VPS has downing 2 day.

Comments

• momkinmomkin Member

And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes :smile:

Thanked by 1donko
  • Come on we're losing millions every minute!

• @momkin said:
    And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes :smile:

Maybe 3 weeks is a very lucky time. >:)

• This is a joke.

• So should we expect a 50%+ credit top-up promotion soon?
    I love me some unusable dirt cheap, high storage VPS.

• LeviLevi Member

@lokuzard said:
    So should we expect a 50%+ credit top-up promotion soon?

What's the point for so called credit when downtime will again strike for few weeks? There is no point.

That vps is suitable for hardcore ISO seeding, where you expect uptime to be 85% or less.

Lower your expectations to a very low minimum and than a bit more.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

I think, we can petition to have #YOLO replaced with #HostSolutionsRO on LET :tongue:

Thanked by 1Levi
  • PHDanPHDan Member

@LTniger said: What's the point for so called credit when downtime will again strike for few weeks? There is no point.

I think the point was that if they popped yet another router then expect a flash capital raise attempt in the form of "Double your deposit" so he can get a quick interest-free short term loan against his costumers.

• cociucociu Member

@momkin said: And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes

i am came here and take my coffe , Miguel was ask him 2 times about his tiket number , also this is not my tiketing system , i understand if our whmcs is down and you look for a alternative to comunication but definetly LET is not a place to resolve tikets.

• I'm seeing this with HO every month or every few months, ... Why are they still allowed to sell here with such a bad track record?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@angelius said:
    I'm seeing this with HO every month or every few months, ... Why are they still allowed to sell here with such a bad track record?

Because it brings people together on LET :)

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2020

@cociu said:

@momkin said: And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes

i am came here and take my coffe , Miguel was ask him 2 times about his tiket number , also this is not my tiketing system , i understand if our whmcs is down and you look for a alternative to comunication but definetly LET is not a place to resolve tikets.

But it works. Don't fix what's not broken. If people get more info, and more resolution by posting on LET, they will keep doing that.

@angelius said:
    I'm seeing this with HO every month or every few months, ... Why are they still allowed to sell here with such a bad track record?

Because no rules on LET that prevent provider with high downing time to post offer.

Also people already know how worse the vps and the downing time.

I mean, if a person known to selling garbage, do you really call it as a scam if you buy something from him and get a garbage?

Also it's not a bad track record. Because bad track record is scamming someone. In this case if customer doesn't happy with HORO, @cociu will just refund him. It's like take it or leave it situation.

Unless @cociu begin scamming someone, he won't go anywhere soon.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yokowasis said: Because no rules on LET that prevent provider with high downing time to post offer.

I'm guessing some of the staff here pity him and let things go in hopes he figures it out.

There was a point earlier in the year where it looked like he was improving things, supposedly a new router went in, etc. No idea if the router is still there or if it was just a trial period.

I feel that if he was banned from posting on here that it'd really hurt the brand, maybe even sink it.

Francisco

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2020

@Francisco said: I'm guessing some of the staff here pity him and let things go in hopes he figures it out.

There was a point earlier in the year where it looked like he was improving things, supposedly a new router went in, etc. No idea if the router is still there or if it was just a trial period.

I feel that if he was banned from posting on here that it'd really hurt the brand, maybe even sink it.

Francisco

we talk here about one client (maybe yes with problem ... wo know because i dont have his tiket number, and pending tikets right now is 30 ) and Miguel was asking him 2 times about tiket number so i am almost 100% this tiket is not opened until now. So ... where i am faill ?

• LeviLevi Member

@cociu said:

@Francisco said: I'm guessing some of the staff here pity him and let things go in hopes he figures it out.

Francisco

So ... where i am faill ?

Probably you fail to monitor your VPS servers for their general status in the node. Simple container monitor would help you to detect problems faster than your clients.

Thanked by 2maverickp bugrakoc
  • @LTniger said:

@lokuzard said:
    So should we expect a 50%+ credit top-up promotion soon?

What's the point for so called credit when downtime will again strike for few weeks? There is no point.

Exactly!
    @cociu makes an offer or credit top-up promotion, some will bite, then they will come here and complain when their servers are slow or down and their tickets haven't been answered for x days.

That vps is suitable for hardcore ISO seeding, where you expect uptime to be 85% or less.

Lower your expectations to a very low minimum and than a bit more.

I wouldn't even use it for free.
    I value my information and would rather not give it to such unprofessional host.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2020

@Francisco

So, where should the line be drawn? At 99.9% availability? At 99.5%? At 99%? Or maybe at 95%?

Plus: @cociu / HostSolutions is super-cheap, so how can one possibly expect the service level of a provider who asks double the price? If one drew the line at 99.5% HostSolutions would be banned here I presume, but (a) so would others, and (b) and more importantly that would also mean that the super-cheap providers' offers wouldn't be available here anymore. Do we really want that?

Granted, I wouldn't host an important (always available) system with HS but I'm quite happy with my dirt-cheap little storage box there.

@cociu

It would be helpful for both you and us if you would update us a bit more on (hopefully positive) changes like e.g. "upgraded core router to dual XYZ 1000" or "extended UPS" etc.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • Where is my popcorn

edited July 2020

@jsg said: So, where should the line be drawn? At 99.9% availability? At 99.5%? At 99%? Or maybe at 95%?

Plus: @cociu/HostSolutions is super-cheap,

That's just it. If he can't sustain the price he's offering...then he shouldn't offer it.

He should either adjust resources (so he can better manage) or charge more. If his product isn't falling apart then people will gladly buy it, even if it's priced higher. If people will only buy his plans because they're willing piss away the cash for the lulz, then he has bigger PR issues.

When things do break I do my best to keep some sort of communications channel open. Twitter, Discord, forum threads if its spilled onto there, etc.

Complete node meltdowns have been happening since near day 1 of him offering on here. There was FSCKaggedon, there's been multi day outages that were an 'oops power', many many times. Either the facility he's in is crap (isn't he in the same place Voxility is or is he GRE'ing?), or he isn't monitoring his strips worth a damn.

Shit happens, hardware breaks, fat finger a config, etc. I've climbed that mountain a dozen times in all my years. I get it.

Stop with the credit top ups. As someone else put it, it's just him taking a zero interest loan from his customers, selling a promise that maybe some day the credit will be worth something.

EDIT - shuffling my text

Francisco

• @cociu I have closed the ticket, because 4 days have passed, no one reply.

Your WHMCS cannot connect to the host. Tips "Login to bor3 Host failed." This is a problem with your host server, not VPS.

and you chose to turn a blind eye, just go check your Network Status https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/serverstatus.php

All server is Not Available. Last Updated: 23/07/2020 (09:11)

• cociucociu Member

just a fwe words and i will totaly ignore this thread until the client will post the tiket number with the same date of this thread because i feel was came here before open any tiket :

1) in the last year like many know we had some problems with the network , some of them for our culpability some of them due of our upstreams (i will not detail because is a history of one year) but any way i have made some huge investment in routers and now we have 4 month withowt any downtime .

2) we had and still have problems with the modulesfactory , the old modules what we have use until 12.12.2019 , all orders after this date was provided with a new solution and we dont have any major problem. Unfortunatly the old solution is still cause many tikets/problems and is imposible to migrate this automatically so start from 01.01.2020 when a client is open tiket and have ovz3 we offer for free a upgrade to kvm solution , clearly this take time and resources. To mention we keep the price.

3) i am not perfect i will not be so if you dont like what you receive is easy to ask for a refund.

4) We provide our Skype wich is instant comunication with me personnaly in most of the time i am there conected so in case the tiketing system is not work this is the way easy to use it.

this explication is not for excuse me or somethig like this ... (the clients most of them have 99% reason ) is for this persons who want to know what is in the back-end and want to understand we are humans also.

Also i have do many promotions like "upload" credit in the last year because i am think personally how the client is feeling with the problems what we had last year so this was a way to compensate , to mention i have not obligated anyone to upload any credit so you are free to choose if you play or not with such promos.

About suitable prices what @Francisco is mention ... is not his problem what price i offer for a service if i can i offer if not i will take my coffe , the years what i have been present here is prove is legit because like all providers from here i have bills and employers to pay month to month and to mention i am not a charity company so i make a profit too. In comparation with many providers from here i own all what i offer (is not rented from x provider) so this cut much the cost .

Cheers all .

I

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cociucociu Member
    edited July 2020

@appcomq said: @cociu I have closed the ticket, because 4 days have passed, no one reply.

Your WHMCS cannot connect to the host. Tips "Login to bor3 Host failed." This is a problem with your host server, not VPS.

and you chose to turn a blind eye, just go check your Network Status https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/serverstatus.php

All server is Not Available. Last Updated: 23/07/2020 (09:11)

i will not ask about your sister because cociu is change in the last month`s , but i will ask a normal question , how we can know you are in trubble if you have opened and after this close the tiket ? do you think we are stay to look to the closed tikets ? So no comment.

• @cociu said: i will not ask about your sister because cociu is change in the last month`s , but i will ask a normal question , how we can know you are in trubble if you have opened and after this close the tiket ? do you think we are stay to look to the closed tikets ? So no comment.

I chose to close tiket after 4 days, because I know no one cares.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc

@cociu said: About suitable prices what @Francisco is mention ... is not his problem what price i offer for a service if i can i offer if not i will take my coffe

It does though. It casts a bad light on the LE market as a whole. While that doesn't cast onto BuyVM much, it does affect providers I like and help out.

If a provider is seen as cancerous to the community they should be cut out if they refuse to address their issues. Instead, you just try to get to the next big sale & credit offer you can.

Only once someone posts in your new sales thread about nodes being down for days/weeks/eons do you address it.

Francisco

• cociucociu Member

@Francisco said: Only once someone posts in your new sales thread about nodes being down for days/weeks/eons do you address it.

take this case , how you deal with it ? the client was open a tiket (maybe) in weekend and close it (maybe in one second after opened) because i ask him for his tiket number many time me personally and Miguel also ... until now is not provided , you came here and acuse ... so let me know how you deal with this. I repeat i assume my personally faill for all others acuses but give a exemple of Top provider in this issue how you deal with this ? i am sure you are stay and resolve the "closed" tikets no ? comonn ..

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Francisco

How can he not sustain his prices? From what (little) I know his business has been growing for years

The way I see it the deal with him boils down to "availability of around 98% to, if you are lucky, 99% but very cheap". That is not per se bad, there are quite many people who simply don't need 99.5% or higher availability and/or who want or have to stay within a tight budget.

And it's no secret that HostSolutions isn't among the top providers. Everyone who cares to do even minimal research before buying a VPS or dedi will easily find out that HS isn't great but cheap. That's why (quite a bit) above I said that many here project their error on HS, because they made an error and/or simply were ignorant. And some I guess just can't say no to a low enough price but that's not @cocius's fault.

When things do break I do my best to keep some sort of communications channel open. Twitter, Discord, forum threads if its spilled onto there, etc.

Yes, YOU do, but then you are not cociu. And I agree with you, I myself would handle it similarly but hey, everyone targets (or gets) his segment of the market.

• What I'm most curious about is if really all the host nodes are down, just like the status page shows, or if it's just that the status page itself is actually down.

I expect the latter, because there would be more complaints here. But then again, most people here are programmed to expect very little uptime on Hostsolutions servers so they won't complain or even submit a ticket.

I mean, there is no provider here that offers such a low TB/eur rate. But there's also a reason for this.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

so, what's the ticket number?

• cociucociu Member

@debaser said: What I'm most curious about is if really all the host nodes are down, just like the status page shows, or if it's just that the status page itself is actually down.

do you see any customer to seccond this ? i dont see it ... so you can think if is all nodes or not (we talk about +150 vps nodes) .

• cociucociu Member

@Adam1 said: so, what's the ticket number?

in the last 4 days i am especting too...