Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a server for a private netflix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for a server for a private netflix

hello... please, i would like suggestions...

we would like (me and a few more friends) to set up a netflix-style private server. (we haven't decided what we're going to use yet... owncloud pydio nextcloud... but most likely emby or jellyfin)...

what do you suggest, as a server, with good disk space? (at least 3~4 TB).

few people will access. there will be few simultaneous accesses... it will be private and only friends will access it...

and already, thanks guys for the help.

Comments

• If you're not downloading anything illegal - @seriesn is your man

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • can we be friends ?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

Congratulations on your first post

Thanked by 1codelock
  • saibalsaibal Member

tiaches said: there will be few simultaneous accesses

Define few. If you're transcoding, you will need some CPU grunt. seriesn has some nice dedicated CPU offers. Otherwise get a dedi.

• Hetzner dedi.

• @t0ny0 said:
    If you're not downloading anything illegal - @seriesn is your man

thank you... but who is @seriesn?

@vbloods said:
    can we be friends ?

why not?

@vyas11 said:
    Congratulations on your first post

well... thank you...

@QuangNguyen said:
    Hetzner dedi.

really?

@saibal said:

tiaches said: there will be few simultaneous accesses

Define few. If you're transcoding, you will need some CPU grunt. seriesn has some nice dedicated CPU offers. Otherwise get a dedi.

if everyone accesses at the same time... there would be 6 people....

• "only friends will access it..."

message me the login ?

Thanked by 1Mikasa
  • GaleejGaleej Member

I am using Hetzner for the same purpose and have around 3TB for emby. Works fine with EX62 model of Hetzner. Data is stored in gsuite though mounted via rclone. I also got one prem VPS from @seriesn today and it's amazing.

Thanked by 1fluiz
  • @vbloods said:
    "only friends will access it..."

message me the login ?

in this case, no. jajajajaja ;)

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited July 2020

@tiaches said: if everyone accesses at the same time... there would be 6 people....

nonono, you add a video to your site, say it's from a torrent and it's a mkv with X fomats, you want to display it in the browser? either you're a hacker or you transcoded (which ANALY RAPES THE WITHOUT EVEN ADDING SALIVA).

• fluizfluiz Member

@Galeej said:
    I am using Hetzner for the same purpose and have around 3TB for emby. Works fine with EX62 model of Hetzner. Data is stored in gsuite though mounted via rclone. I also got one prem VPS from @seriesn today and it's amazing.

thanks @tiaches and thanks @Galeej

I was looking for exactly why you wrote @Galeej, where can we talk, so as not to disturb this topic?

• GaleejGaleej Member

@fluiz said:

@Galeej said:

thanks @tiaches and thanks @Galeej

I was looking for exactly why you wrote @Galeej, where can we talk, so as not to disturb this topic?

send a PM

• @tiaches said: thank you... but who is @seriesn?

Hi Sir,
    I am :).

We are Nexus Bytes :). Depending on what you need, we might be able to build a hybrid solution with dedicated Ryzen cores :)

• @tiaches said:

@vbloods said:
    can we be friends ?

why not?

Are you sure? What he means is friends with benefit. I suggest you to Google friends with benefit.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Kimsufi KS-11 for $23.99 , should handle most 1080p transcoding tasks well, 4TB storage, didnt mention location but you have choice of FR and CA

• moh3enmoh3en Member

Also can me have it?

• If you want another partner dm me we can part some costs if you find a good solution