Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpectraIP Server not delivered - NO REPLY - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpectraIP Server not delivered - NO REPLY

Comments

• Yesterday I was told server will delivered within 24 hrs but no it wasn't and no reply basically in 5 days I got one reply from them that's all, and I opened only one ticket

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Why don't you just post screenshots of your ticket for this order? ;)

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited July 2020

That’s classical SpectraIP behaviour. Once ordered a server. The delivery was said to take a few days. I decided to cancel the order, but already paid upfront. I wanted to cancel because I don’t like the datacenter they use (was promoted as ‘Amsterdam’, I assumed a good datacenter such as Schuberg Philis, but it happened to be a DC in Wormer, not Amsterdam).

I was told multiple times I would get a refund. I never received it. I gave them a call and got an angry mail back: “Please don’t call us again. We do not wish to have any contact anymore. The refund was booked in and will arrive once validated by the payment operator.”

I didn’t receive anything and got a final mail saying “I will check.” After that, no mails have been answered. That’s basically how SpectraIP rolls.

This all happened in May 2019 and I never received any refund. I decided to give up. I took my loss and hope Lucas got a nice dinner out of it :)

And no, I am not here to take providers down. I have plenty of providers which I have good memories of. This provider just isn’t one of them. :-))

(Yes, I can take screenshots, but I talked with him in Dutch, so it won’t make a lot of sense unless you are Dutch)

Thanked by 2Edmond seb1g
  • momkinmomkin Member

Popcorn time , please keep them coming ...

Thanked by 1scooke
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

The server has been delivered now. We have received a lot of orders recently and for this order we had to configure DirectAdmin for the customer, which made it take longer.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• ifykoifyko Member

@spectraip said:
    The server has been delivered now. We have received a lot of orders recently and for this order we had to configure DirectAdmin for the customer, which made it take longer.

How about @DennisdeWit refund ?

@ifyko said:

@spectraip said:

@DennisdeWit should email me on [email protected], so I can check this out for him.

• @spectraip said:

@ifyko said:

@spectraip said:

@DennisdeWit should email me on [email protected], so I can check this out for him.

Ok. Sent you an email. :)

• l2o88jl2o88j Member
    edited July 2020

Explanation provided here could have been done sooner by provider to the buyer.

• I have 4 server orders with them one is pending since 17 days.
    Rest are pending since 7 days.
    Seems their service has gone downhill and seems to be a one man show mostly i have had some tickets unanswered for days.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@aneesh120 said:
    I have 4 server orders with them one is pending since 17 days.
    Seems their service has gone downhill and seems to be a one man show mostly i have had some tickets unanswered for days.

So 1 server order is pending for 17 days
    And rest 3 server pending since 7 days.

Am I right?

So which mean you order rest 3 server 10 days after your 1st order.

So why you order 3 more server when 1 server already pending and not deliver even after 10 days?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @ViridWeb said:

@aneesh120 said:

Am I right?

So why you order 3 more server when 1 server already pending and not deliver even after 10 days?

Thats a very legit question right there

• @ViridWeb said:

@aneesh120 said:

Am I right?

Simply because i was using them since 1 year and have had no issues but since the past few days (excluding weekends) i am noticing their response time is too slow plus i noticed this thread hence decided to share my experience.
    I did have have a few more orders i was going to place with them but have put them on hold considering the virtually non existent support and slow delivery times nowdays.

• I have 3 servers there and yes, last was delivered 9 days after payment (on July 20) but they never had ignored me in tickets and the replies were many times in less then hour. Do not blaming OP, but maybe you were impatient / aggressive? No offense, Sajjad12, i really don't understand why it was so.

Custom configuration? Uncommon OS install (free of charge)? Network hardware? Subnets? They always were extremely customer-oriented. I hope all who had issues with SpectraIP will solve them quickly, especially this definitely ugly story with refund.

BTW about them. Last time i ordered 3 servers and reject one because of my software issues (really haven't been ready to operate so server could be unused). Ask for refund and got it. No words, no issues.

Wish good luck and be healthy to everybody.

• Hi, got the server details, but server is so slow to load any pages/videos, even tho i went with 32gb ram, 2tb harddrive

• @Sajjad12, 2Tb HDD? They do not have this kind of drive in stock... Or you mean 1.92Tb NVMe? But this config has 128Gb RAM... Actually doesn't matter, just wondering.

What is your ping to location and did you try to run speedtest on server?

• @Sajjad12 said:
    Hi, got the server details, but server is so slow to load any pages/videos, even tho i went with 32gb ram, 2tb harddrive

What is the definition of "slow"? You could explained that by any benchmark result like YABS.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@Sajjad12 said:
    Hi, got the server details, but server is so slow to load any pages/videos, even tho i went with 32gb ram, 2tb harddrive

Where are you located? Keep in mind that depending on your location you might only be able to use a fraction of the bandwidth. Having a high ping slows it down even more if you're dealing with a few dozen requests for content like you would on a standard website.

• momkinmomkin Member

@Sajjad12 said:

definitely you need to sue this company !

• opened dispute with pp, shit server no support at all STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM HOSTING

edited July 2020

@Sajjad12 said:
    opened dispute with pp, shit server no support at all STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM HOSTING

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

2 Disputes 1 Provider.

@Sajjad12 If you have a slow server, please contact us so we can check if something is going wrong. It could be the fact that you have a Xeon E5 CPU with 2 TB HDD, due to the tight budget. If your server has a SSD or NVMe drive, it it much faster.

--

Unfortunately we are facing issues in mobilizing server capacity for new clients at this moment, as a result of a massive growth in popularity of our services. As we respect our clients in full, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We hope to receive the ordered hardware as soon as possible.

If customers have any questions regarding this message, please let us know.

• @Sajjad12 said:
    opened dispute with pp, shit server no support at all STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM HOSTING

Mind to share some screenshots of what the support said after you opened a ticket? :)

• So when they didn't reply the scam word wasn't mentioned. Then the server was delivered and it's a scam?

• @CConner said:

@Sajjad12 said:

I tested the spectralip for a month, everything went well and super fast servers.

To be fair, you might be better off without some clients. This specimen included.

• To give a follow-up about the refund: SpectraIP confirmed something went wrong and the refund didn't go through last year. However, they now have successfully refunded my money. I am happy after all, things went as they should. Thank you! :)

• currently i have a server running at there. I ordered a special configuration and waited 3 or 4 days for delivery. Fore me its very good no issue with that. Speed is excellent.
    Lucas answer very quickly so sales support is good.

Only think to keep in your mind, they do not have a restart or reinstall panel for dedicated server. For a reinstallation of linux I waited 3 days for support/reinstallation. Maybe here you can improve your service or give the customer a restart / reinstall panel.

Now server is running very good.

• @taylorgates said:
    currently i have a server running at there. I ordered a special configuration and waited 3 or 4 days for delivery. Fore me its very good no issue with that. Speed is excellent.
    Lucas answer very quickly so sales support is good.

Only think to keep in your mind, they do not have a restart or reinstall panel for dedicated server. For a reinstallation of linux I waited 3 days for support/reinstallation. Maybe here you can improve your service or give the customer a restart / reinstall panel.

Now server is running very good.

Are tou kidding? Manual OS installation?! What is this, 98' again?