Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling WHMCS license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling WHMCS license

Hello, I own a WHMCS license since 2014, but I am closing my company and would like to sell the license.

The WHMCS transfer fees will be paid by the buyer.

Price: $1500

Interested leave the contact.

Thanks for your attention.

[email protected]

Comments

• support and updates lifetime or renew every year ?

• @mhosting_in said:
    support and updates lifetime or renew every year ?

I believe the standard whmcs update/support fee applies?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Just joined few hours ago and instantly asking $1500 just after register on LET?

Not interested.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited July 2020

@ViridWeb said: Just joined few hours ago and instantly asking $1500 just after register on LET?
    Not interested.

So, let's assume they're genuine, what would you like them to do?

• @mhosting_in said:

:) If it is lifetime license then someone can think to buy it. But if he renews this license on yearly basis, then how anybody will pay its transfer fee of $1500, instead of buying directly from WHMCS.

• @pakhost said:

@mhosting_in said:

:) If it is lifetime license then someone can think to buy it. But if he renews this license on yearly basis, then how anybody will pay its transfer fee of $1500, instead of buying directly from WHMCS.

better to buy hostbill instead of whmcs at that price.

• Suppose i have $1500 in hand.
    I will invest in a liquid fund that pays 8% per annum.. My payout will be $120 per year.

Hence I can happily pay my $5 monthly license from Hostus. Will reinvest the rest $5 or have some coffee..

• AndruAndru Member

$1500 ? pass.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

@Intelpentium0 said: $5 monthly license from Hostus.

Cheapest they do atm is $9/mo and it's an internal licence

$1500 does seem wild, though

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Adam1 said:

@Intelpentium0 said: $5 monthly license from Hostus.

Cheapest they do atm is $9/mo and it's an internal licence

$1500 does seem wild, though

Better to rent instead of paying for owning for $1500 + fees for upgrades.

edited July 2020

@Adam1 said:

@ViridWeb said: Just joined few hours ago and instantly asking $1500 just after register on LET?
    Not interested.

So, let's assume they're genuine, what would you like them to do?

I will ask them to provide screenshot of their licenses which must show if it's lifetime or not and also reply from whmcs support that they have no issue ( ofcourse hiding information such as key, name, ip etc)

Also I will ask them if they accept services like Escrow or not.

Btw, your screenshot shows they are using valid whmcs license. But it doesn't verify if are talking about that license or if it's a lifetime license or not.

• I already expected that some would talk about my account being registered just now, I have been following the site for a long time and I never saw the need to create an account.

For those who want proof, I purchased the license in 2014 for the mininave.com domain

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

At $1500 it will take over 3 years to pay for itself and if you have less than 1000 clients it will take 5 years to pay for itself. It might be worth it.

• bigp4ndabigp4nda Member
    edited July 2020

The value can be negotiated. I understand that to get the money back can take a long time.

I can use escrow service, as long as it works for payments in Brazil.

• momkinmomkin Member

@ViridWeb said:
    Just joined few hours ago and instantly asking $1500 just after register on LET?

Not interested.

Why not ?
    A lot of people don't know where to sell their licenses so they google it !
    It don't need to be old member to trust him !

Just saying ...

edited July 2020

@momkin said:

@ViridWeb said:

Not interested.

Why not ?

Just saying ...

See the reply of Adam's and mine.. and you will know why we shouldn't trust anybody without proof.

We need at least few proof before sending $1500 to an unknown person.

• @ViridWeb said:

@momkin said:

@ViridWeb said:

Not interested.

Why not ?

Just saying ...

See the reply of Adam's and mine.. and you will know why we shouldn't trust anybody without proof.

We need at least few proof before sending $1500 to an unknown person.

It is completely understandable that people ask for proof and I have no problem showing

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • 90% of posts are about "I am not interested", "Not worth", "I don't trust this guy". So why are you posting? :p Let others get their risks.

@bigp4nda A customer of mine is looking for a lifetime license. I'll share this link.

Thanked by 1webclouddev
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@Katamaze said:
    90% of posts are about "I am not interested", "Not worth", "I don't trust this guy". So why are you posting? :p Let others get their risks.

Because the seller needs this feedback if he wants to sell his product. If nobody posted he would be sitting there not knowing why nobody was interested. Now he knows if there is interest and how much and if he needs to adjust the price. Potential customer feedback is very important. Its like a focus group.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb MichaelCee
  • @Katamaze said:
    90% of posts are about "I am not interested", "Not worth", "I don't trust this guy". So why are you posting? :p Let others get their risks.

@bigp4nda A customer of mine is looking for a lifetime license. I'll share this link.

It's called expressing opinion. And warn others. Because some people have a lot of money and yet dumb.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • KatamazeKatamaze Member
    edited July 2020

@yokowasis said: It's called expressing opinion

That's fine.

@yokowasis said:And warn others. Because some people have a lot of money and yet dumb.

Let natural selection do its job :D but that's my opinion

• shabsshabs Member

@bigp4nda

Check your inbox - I did try an email you

• shabsshabs Member

So I've made a legitimate inquiry with the seller about the license that has been advertised and the only correspondence received is "you can transfer $1300 via transferwise"

Walking away from the deal. If he does legitimately have the license then good luck, but he needs to learn how to conduct business.