Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Windows Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Windows Server

Hey y'all LET dudes and dudettes. I am looking to setup AD on a Windows Server. 2016 or 2019 with GUI. 2012 will also work if the price is right. Honestly resources usage won't be too high, so literally any server powerful enough to run the server itself should be fine. Location would be preferable in the US, but literally any location will be fine. IPv4 and a stable server are about my only two requirements. I have never even looked at getting a Windows Server before, so I don't even know where to start.

Comments

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

We provide free Windows 2019 license with all our KVM VPS Packages on annual payments that can support windows as OS, KVM VPS 3 and higher supports Windows, you may check our VPS packages at https://hosteons.com/vps.php

• Heyo!

For windows servers, bare minimum resource recommendation is 2GB RAM and 20GB disk storage :). You can technically run Windows 2012 with 1GB RAM but you will hate it every single time you log in.

Windows 2012 and 2019 licenses are included with our annual packages. https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-vps-hosting.html

• I've got a Virmach BF windows server I'm not using and planning to cancel in Nov. I just don't know what level of hassle transfers are for Virmach right now. I heard they were trying to automate that, somewhat. How soon you need it?

• For windows servers, bare minimum resource recommendation is 2GB RAM and 20GB disk storage. You can technically run Windows 2012 with 1GB RAM but you will hate it every single time you log in. The price of Datacenter edition is $6155, Standard edition is $882, Essential edition is $501. It isn't perform better than 2019 but give all benefits, working good & done all processess of the customer which they need.

• Get a 1GB RAM slice from @Francisco and check things out. If need be you can upgrade to a higher package. 'nuff said.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

2GB - AMD Ryzen Windows VPS with NVMe SSD

1x AMD Ryzen CPU Core
    35 GB NVMe SSD Storage
    2 GB DDR4 RAM
    2000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Administrator Access
    Remote Desktop (RDP) Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more
    $14.59/Month
    JUST **$10.21/Month
    **ORDER NOW:
    https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=293&promocode=WIN-30OFF

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@cloudminister said:
    For windows servers, bare minimum resource recommendation is 2GB RAM and 20GB disk storage. You can technically run Windows 2012 with 1GB RAM but you will hate it every single time you log in. The price of Datacenter edition is $6155, Standard edition is $882, Essential edition is $501. It isn't perform better than 2019 but give all benefits, working good & done all processess of the customer which they need.

Those prices don't really apply to hosting providers. We're required to have SPLA to provide windows servers as a service.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

More memory for windows server will be better, I know that you can run the server with 512Mb.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

@jamespeach said: I don't even know where to start.

Start with us https://readydedis.com /

We have windows VPS starting from $7

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited August 2020

There are a lot of Cheap Windows Server here.

But if you are looking for the cheapest, you cant beat virmach. it's about $25 / year. Although if you want one, you need to find someone who want to transfer it for you. Or wait a few months. If you are lucky you can even snatch one for $17 / year.

• SnowStylezSnowStylez Member
    edited August 2020

BuyVM :smile:

e.g 4.50$(USD) => 2GB Ram & 40 GB SSD & Windows

BuyVM(Ref)

BuyVM(No Ref)