Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Directadmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Directadmin

I already have all my websites hosted on Contabo but they don’t offer DA. I was thinking if I could get cheap DA license, I can get it installed on existing VPS. I have around 30 domains hosted at present.

Comments

• Best to buy from DA direct.

• @Galeej said:
    I already have all my websites hosted on Contabo but they don’t offer DA. I was thinking if I could get cheap DA license, I can get it installed on existing VPS. I have around 30 domains hosted at present.

Unfortunately, external Directadmin licenses can only be purchased from DA directly. Reselling DA licenses for external usage is against the reseller agreement.

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

@Galeej said:

You'll need to purchase from DA directly (https://directadmin.com/pricing.php), or move to a host who can bundle the license into a VPS package for you which may be cheaper depending on what spec VPS you have with Contabo.

• GaleejGaleej Member

Ok understand. I current have 16gb ram with 400gb SSD for 9eur per month. I can live with lesser space but with DA included. What are the options I have if I have to switch over.

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

@Galeej said:
    Ok understand. I current have 16gb ram with 400gb SSD for 9eur per month. I can live with lesser space but with DA included. What are the options I have if I have to switch over.

For that spec with DA included, there aren't many options. The only option you really have is to drop your VPS spec to get a license included. How much space and RAM do you actually require and do you have any historical server usage in terms of disk and RAM?

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

Also you can't real take an existing server with domains already on it and install DA. DA should be installed on a newly installed operating system.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@hostworld said:

@Galeej said:

For that spec with DA included, there aren't many options. The only option you really have is to drop your VPS spec to get a license included. How much space and RAM do you actually require and do you have any historical server usage in terms of disk and RAM?

I think should be ok with 8gb ram and 100gb max.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@LittleCreek said:
    Also you can't real take an existing server with domains already on it and install DA. DA should be installed on a newly installed operating system.

Alright, learned this today.

edited July 2020

@Galeej said:

How much space do you really need? How much are you using now?

EDIT: Sorry I overlooked the previous post about 8 gb and 100 gb. But 100 gb is still a lot. I don't think I have 1 client using that much.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@LittleCreek said:

@Galeej said:

How much space do you really need? How much are you using now?

EDIT: Sorry I overlooked the previous post about 8 gb and 100 gb. But 100 gb is still a lot. I don't think I have 1 client using that much.

Ok, I am using close to 6gb including databases.

• GaleejGaleej Member

Is 3GB RAM sufficient to run DA and websites(around 30) which primarily are built using Laravel.

I sent you a PM.