Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are Prometeus still highly rated?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are Prometeus still highly rated?

J2RJ2R Member

A few years ago, positive reviews on here encouraged me to take out a couple of VPSes with prometeus.net. Since then I've been running a few different servers there, and have been very happy with the service, with no complaints. I need a new VPS for a project and I notice that their special offers seem to have dried up (last one is from something like 18 months ago), and they don't seem to be being talked about here any more. Are they still highly rated? Or have some new kids on the block overtaken them now?

Comments

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

if you are happy with them why not just pay their regular priced services. I mean they have to make money to stay in business right?

• J2RJ2R Member

@Xsltel said:
    if you are happy with them why not just pay their regular priced services. I mean they have to make money to stay in business right?

Yes, that's true, of course, and I've been thinking along those lines. I was just a little concerned that maybe they weren't that focused on the VPS market any more, given that they haven't been putting out the regular offers as they used to. I have no problem paying the regular prices, which are still cheap.

• I thought you mentioned Prometheus System Monitor.. lol

Thanked by 2yoursunny ariq01
  • It seems like Uncle Sal focused on Cloudstack.

I'm using the virtualizor and still had the iwstack account.

• kokkezkokkez Member

my oldest vps with them date back to 2012, and I still use it today

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • J2RJ2R Member

My first is from 2012, too, and still in use.

• LeeLee Veteran

Prometeus is still awesome and still far and away a better choice than the majority of offers here. If you are an existing customer drop them a ticket tell them what you want, and see what can be offered, they always look after existing customers.

• Still awesome. Still OG.

They are not going anywhere.

Thanked by 1J2R
  • J2RJ2R Member

@Lee said:
    Prometeus is still awesome and still far and away a better choice than the majority of offers here. If you are an existing customer drop them a ticket tell them what you want, and see what can be offered, they always look after existing customers.

Good plan! I will do that.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I can confirm that Prometeus is great and reliable.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

From my perspective: Absolutely!
    https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/5fe2801670ffcaae0d5033134ac77687/
    This is my NL KVM VPS with them.
    Please disregard February, as I was tinkering with the system.
    So uptime is close to 100% on the VPS.

Support is also pretty fast, my last two tickets:
    First one opened in the middle of the night in Germany, was answered 3 hours later and resolved (wanted to set rdns on an iwstack instance)

Second one, asking for conversion of iwstack credits to whmcs credits.
    Answers were between 4 minutes to 2 hours and they changed the credit, which I didn't expect them to do, that's great aswell.

Thanked by 2vimalware J2R
  • DylanDylan Member

Generally the hosts that get talked about here are the ones that actively post here. Prometeus used to be very active on LET, but now they're not. They're still super solid though.

Thanked by 2vimalware J2R
  • @tr1cky said:

First one opened in the middle of the night in Germany, was answered 3 hours later and resolved (wanted to set rdns on an iwstack instance)

Answers were between 4 minutes to 2 hours and they changed the credit, which I didn't expect them to do, that's great aswell.

Cool, I am interested in the graphics, what happens at 12.00 - 12.59?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@youandri said:

@tr1cky said:

Cool, I am interested in the graphics, what happens at 12.00 - 12.59?

Probably backups.

• marrcomarrco Member

for me yes. And I'm a customer of theirs for many years now

ymmv

• devnulldevnull Member

I still like them. Whoever reads this: just make sure you get their Italian location. Not the Netherlands. Don't ask me how do I know.

• DazzleDazzle Member

@devnull said:
    I still like them. Whoever reads this: just make sure you get their Italian location. Not the Netherlands. Don't ask me how do I know.

Ok

• angstromangstrom Moderator

This thread dates from July 2020 and the OP is long gone

Thread closed

Thanked by 1shruub
This discussion has been closed.