Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lf high bandwidth vps or small dedicated close to Norway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lf high bandwidth vps or small dedicated close to Norway

QuangNguyenQuangNguyen Member
edited July 2020 in Requests

I want to run a vpn on the server. Today i run this in Hetzner cloud Helsinki today, and it works alright, but i want to reduse the latency if possible. Stability, network speed and bandwidth is key here.

So what i need is :

-Close as possible to Norway
-10TB + bandwidth
-1 strong or 2 "decent" cores
-1gb ram
-Connection speed : 1gbit port, with minimum 500mbit avaliable at all times.

Vps preferred, as i dont want to manage hardware, disks and stuff like that. I just want it to work, 24/7/365, with minimal or no downtime.

Willing to pay premium for good network and latency. Please provide test ip when you are giving me offers.

I know about the providers in Norway ofcourse, but they are priced stupid high if you need alot of bandwidth, so looking for offers.

Just to clarify, the vpn is only for personal use, but i do run a server at home doing torrents from time to time. Because of this, bandwidth is going fast in periods. The traffic will be maybe only 1tb for some months, or over 10tb other months.

Comments

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited July 2020

Terrahost. @terrahost

Thanked by 1terrahost
  • MS said:
    Terrahost. @terrahost

Terrahost is out of the question.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • https://www.yourserver.se/linux has a Sweden location.

• @QuangNguyen said:

MS said:
    Terrahost. @terrahost

Curious to know.

Thanked by 1pike
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Hetzner cloud in Finland?

• @Merlincool said:

Curious to know.

Likely already burned that bridge. "... but i do run a server at home doing torrents from time to time."

• @skorous said:

@Merlincool said:

Curious to know.

Likely already burned that bridge. "... but i do run a server at home doing torrents from time to time."

Terrahost has nothing aginst torrenting. The issue for me is how they handle support, and the fact that you have to pay ALOT to make them fix things when they go wrong, for example hardware failing when they are not at work.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@QuangNguyen said:

@skorous said:

@Merlincool said:

Curious to know.

Terrahost has nothing aginst torrenting. The issue for me is how they handle support, and the fact that you have to pay ALOT to make them fix things when they go wrong, for example hardware failing when they are not at work.

If you rent a dedicated and hardware brakes down, they will and have to fix it.
    You won't get charged for that besides, you want them to replace existing working hardware.

Sounds more like you are looking for a managed server.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @Neoon said:

@QuangNguyen said:

@skorous said:

@Merlincool said:

Curious to know.

If you rent a dedicated and hardware brakes down, they will and have to fix it.
    You won't get charged for that besides, you want them to replace existing working hardware.

Sounds more like you are looking for a managed server.

If it breaks at 5pm, i will be offline untill 8am next day, if i am lucky. If it breaks on a friday, you are offline untill Monday.

If you call them to get to the dc to fix the issue, they charge you.

• @ehhthing said:
    https://www.yourserver.se/linux has a Sweden location.

Not recommended as they are using awful transit for their network (Rascom) and basically almost all traffic are backhauled to Stockholm even if there’s a possibly shorter route.

• Check out ServeTheWorld:
    https://servetheworld.net/en-us/

They and Terrahost are basically the two only decent options on a budget around for the area.

Thanked by 1terrahost
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@QuangNguyen said: Terrahost has nothing aginst torrenting. The issue for me is how they handle support, and the fact that you have to pay ALOT to make them fix things when they go wrong, for example hardware failing when they are not at work.

If you've had a service with us, feel free to send me your ticket # and I will look into this.

If it breaks at 5pm, i will be offline untill 8am next day, if i am lucky. If it breaks on a friday, you are offline untill Monday.

If you call them to get to the dc to fix the issue, they charge you.

We do have a 48 hour replacement guarantee, unless the hardware for some reason is out of stock and very difficult to get. We keep spare hardware in stock at all times, so a replacement should be fairly quick, even on the weekends.

You can always call us at any time regarding a hardware issue, or something on "our end", being network, power etc. So calling us is always free, no matter the issue. If you however misconfigured your server during the night, we will probably ask that you pay to have a tech dispatched and most likely attach a portable IP KVM.

Sorry if we've come across as difficult to work with on matters like this. We always try to find the best and quickest solution for our customers.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@ViridWeb said:
    Hetzner cloud in Finland?

OP is already running in Hetzner Helsinki, Finland

• VPSforVPNVPSforVPN Member
    edited July 2020

@QuangNguyen said:

You can check out Klikk.com, unmetered bandwidth, 1Gbps, decent connectivity within Norway:

https://klikk.com/