Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server in or near Virginia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server in or near Virginia

curatorcurator Member
edited July 2020 in Requests

Hello, I am looking for a server in or near Virginia (e.g.: New Jersey or something similar) with the following specs:

6 cores with at least 1.8GHz (preferably 8+ cores if possible)
8+GB RAM
50GB
1GBPS

/29 or /28 included

Budget around $50

Older hardware is fine as I can't expect the newest hardware at this budget.

Comments

• zenkizenki Member

6 cores at $50 is hard to find.
    I guess OVH is good, but they are over your budget and not enough CPUs https://us.ovhcloud.com/dedicated-servers/rise/rise-1/

• I agree, but I believe it might be possible in NJ. Thank you though!

• zenkizenki Member

New York - https://www.serverroom.net/orderdedicated/M701 , $5/month, not 8 CPU, only 6 but much cheaper.
    AMD 6 core @ 1.1Ghz, 8 GB DDR3, 32GB SATA, Unmetered port @ 10mbps

New York https://www.serverroom.net/orderdedicated/M400 - $49/month
    ARM 8 core, 64 GB DDR3, 240GB SSD, Unmetered port @ 100mbps

Thanked by 1curator
  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

Would 4 cores at 3.2Ghz work? ReliableSite has a few dedis in Piscataway, NJ from 37 dollars, and you can add IPs at decent rates.
    Otherwise, just grab a few VPS from HotlineServers.

Thanked by 2curator MrRadic
  • Those prices are incredible. The only thing holding me back is the uplink!

Thank you!

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member
    edited July 2020

@curator said:
    Those prices are incredible. The only thing holding me back is the uplink!

Thank you!

Uplink? ReliableSite has a pretty good network, and links are available on their website. HotlineServers uses GTHost (which tends to be decent too) for their NYC location, I'm sure they have a test IP somewhere.

• @AC_Fan said:

@curator said:

Thank you!

Uplink? ReliableSite has a pretty good network, and links are available on their website. HotlineServers uses GTHost (which tends to be decent too) for their NYC location, I'm sure they have a test IP somewhere.

I was referring to the HyperK9s offers. 4 cores is too "weak" in our current situation.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@curator said:

@AC_Fan said:

@curator said:

Thank you!

I was referring to the HyperK9s offers. 4 cores is too "weak" in our current situation.

Especially 4 cores as ancient as those are, yes. Also, bandwidth is only 10Mbps, which is concerning too.

• edited July 2020

@freerangecloud has VA, perhaps see if they can hook you up with something within your budget

Also @seriesn has NJ, so depending if you're looking for dedicated CPU or not - he can cook something for you

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

@t0ny0 said:
    @freerangecloud has VA, perhaps see if they can hook you up with something within your budget

Also @seriesn has NJ, so depending if you're looking for dedicated CPU or not - he can cook something for you

Thanks for tagging us in! Unfortunately we don't have sufficient colo space to offer dedi's at our Ashburn location :(

• @t0ny0 said:

Thanks for the mention fam!

@curator we can "probably" do a custom VPS, depending on your exact cpu requirement :)

• Unfortunately we need a Dedi, but thank you for the offer.

Thanked by 1seriesn