Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datacentec Uptime Review, Are they good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datacentec Uptime Review, Are they good?

Hello, I was browsing in datacentec website and found an interesting dedicated server that I can use as our backup storage server (storage files).

I am kinda curious if anyone has experience with long downtime with them or are they good?
Does anyone here have dedis on them?

I am pretty aware that their machines are kinda old but the purpose of this will be our storage server. They have big storages hdd's which I like.

Are they good? I hope someone with experience from them give me a review about their service.

Comments

• jon617jon617 Veteran

Datacentec. Never hard of them.

Kidding. I assume you mean dacentec. Uptime, network, and support are very good. Systems are old, not a big deal if you're using for backups/storage. Drives are old, so RAID them if you care about data loss.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • They are good in terms of support and network. Servers and hardware are way too old. and they charged fairly cheap on those old hw.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

100% uptime since we added the monitor: https://status.greencloudvps.com/782787699
    As jon @ mrclown recommended, you can use RAID in term of hardware for redundancy.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Network is cheap, data center building is cheap and in the middle of nowhere, hardware reached its EOL long ago.

Still a good option if you want something as cheap as possible, but be realistic with your expectations: network performance will not be great and multiple hours of downtime are way more likely to occur than with other, more expensive providers.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • bulabula Member

Dacentec has a decent network. I have used their servers for backup purposes in past. Never experienced much issues within their network. Support is good as well. For the price cant complain

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • @jon617 haha. I mispelled it. Thanks.

@NDTN said:
    100% uptime since we added the monitor: https://status.greencloudvps.com/782787699
    As jon @ mrclown recommended, you can use RAID in term of hardware for redundancy.

How many dedis do you have in them? Thank you for the feedback this was very helpful.

@mrclown thanks for the tip.

• @jeorlie said: Are they good?

Yes.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • My experience has been good .. there support is very attentive, but if your looking for hand holding you should look elsewhere to avoid disappointment.

• @acidpuke said:
    My experience has been good .. there support is very attentive, but if your looking for hand holding you should look elsewhere to avoid disappointment.

thanks for the comment. They are actually on top of list and next is kimsufi. BTW, how many dedis do you have on them if you don't mind.

• I have 3 dedis with them being used for backups. I'm satisfied.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • Watch out for those null routes when backing up though

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@jeorlie said:
    @jon617 haha. I mispelled it. Thanks.

@NDTN said:

How many dedis do you have in them? Thank you for the feedback this was very helpful.

@mrclown thanks for the tip.

We have a colocation rack with Dacentec.

Thanked by 1team_traitor