Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner SB41 server for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner SB41 server for transfer

Hi, I have a Hetzner server (SB41) that I would like to transfer to a new owner

E3-1245V2, 32 GB RAM, 3 x 3,0 TB Enterprise Drives, Hardware Raid, iNIC, Red.PS in Falkenstein DC: #FSN1-DC7 (FSN)

I pay as low as €34.45/m., no transfer fee)

Please PM me if you are interested

Thanked by 1rudny

Comments

• ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Region: Global  https://bench.monster v.1.5.3 2020-07-13 
     Usage : curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -Global
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : CentOS 7.8.2003 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : Dedicated / 3.10.0-1127.13.1.el7.x86_64
     CPU Model    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
     CPU Cores    : 8 @ 1599.975 MHz x86_64 8192 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
     Load Average : 0.00, 0.01, 0.05
     Total Space  : 5.5T (1.6G ~1% used)
     Total RAM    : 31943 MB (260 MB + 272 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 1023 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 0 days 10:44
     ASN & ISP    : AS24940, Hetzner Online GmbH
     Organization : Hetzner
     Location     : Falkenstein, Germany / DE
     Region       : Saxony

## Geekbench v5 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 866  (VERY GOOD)
       Multi Core : 3311

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 130 MB/s
       sha256     : 347 MB/s
       md5sum     : 646 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 4027.7 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 5427.2 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 331 MB/s
       2nd run    : 289 MB/s
       3rd run    : 286 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 302.0 MB/s

## Global Speedtest

Location                       Upload           Download         Ping   
     Nearby                         743.30 Mbit/s    794.95 Mbit/s    6.465 ms
     USA, New York (Sprint)         231.21 Mbit/s    284.85 Mbit/s    91.717 ms
     USA, Chicago (Windstream)      192.18 Mbit/s    95.70 Mbit/s     99.521 ms
     USA, Dallas (Frontier)         160.96 Mbit/s    50.20 Mbit/s    124.875 ms
     USA, Miami (Frontier)          183.88 Mbit/s    111.45 Mbit/s   113.863 ms
     USA, Los Angeles (Spectrum)    136.20 Mbit/s    116.52 Mbit/s   153.235 ms
     UK, London (toob Ltd)          240.99 Mbit/s    506.45 Mbit/s    20.718 ms
     France, Lyon (SFR)             575.79 Mbit/s    548.76 Mbit/s    20.837 ms
     Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)      670.00 Mbit/s    688.45 Mbit/s    15.584 ms
     Spain, Madrid (MasMovil)       503.22 Mbit/s    493.47 Mbit/s    29.434 ms
     Italy, Rome (Unidata)          397.83 Mbit/s    290.03 Mbit/s    42.944 ms
     Russia, Moscow (MTS)           338.65 Mbit/s    649.82 Mbit/s    39.925 ms
     Israel, Haifa (013Netvision)   297.26 Mbit/s    342.53 Mbit/s    59.704 ms
     India, New Delhi (GIGATEL)     137.87 Mbit/s    131.66 Mbit/s   133.005 ms
     Singapore (FirstMedia)         66.62 Mbit/s     36.89 Mbit/s    180.504 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)     61.49 Mbit/s     73.80 Mbit/s    240.887 ms
     Australia, Sydney (Optus)      4.33 Mbit/s      18.20 Mbit/s    296.439 ms
     RSA, Randburg (Cool Ideas)     65.97 Mbit/s     231.19 Mbit/s   179.925 ms
     Brazil, Sao Paulo (Criare)     77.77 Mbit/s     102.76 Mbit/s   191.821 ms

Finished in : 9 min 15 sec
     Timestamp   : 2020-07-13 20:41:11 GMT
     Saved in    : /root/speedtest.log

Share results:
     - https://www.speedtest.net/result/9752335276.png
     - https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2914213
     - https://clbin.com/glA7d

• chrispchrisp Member

Can you actually just transfer a server to another account? I have a EX52 expiring on Sunday, if anyone wants to save some setup fees.

• @chrisp said:
    Can you actually just transfer a server to another account? I have a EX52 expiring on Sunday, if anyone wants to save some setup fees.

Yes you can.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • OujiOuji Member

@chrisp said: Can you actually just transfer a server to another account? I have a EX52 expiring on Sunday, if anyone wants to save some setup fees.

Yes. And actually, a lot of SB servers when they come back to Hetzner from cancellations, they come in a higher pricing, so transfering a SB is always good. EX is good too because you save someone's else setup fees, like you mentioned.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • chrispchrisp Member

@Ouji said:

@chrisp said: Can you actually just transfer a server to another account? I have a EX52 expiring on Sunday, if anyone wants to save some setup fees.

Yes. And actually, a lot of SB servers when they come back to Hetzner from cancellations, they come in a higher pricing, so transfering a SB is always good. EX is good too because you save someone's else setup fees, like you mentioned.

For everyone, who wants to do that in the future, don't cancel it if you want to transfer it to someone :neutral:
    "The server cannot be transferred at this time as it is scheduled for cancellation."

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • FalzoFalzo Member

"The server cannot be transferred at this time as it is scheduled for cancellation."

You probably could just revoke the cancellation request and then transfer it out 🤷‍♂️

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Falzo said:

You probably could just revoke the cancellation request and then transfer it out 🤷‍♂️

Cancel the cancellation to cancel the server cancellation

• OujiOuji Member

@chocolateshirt said: Cancel the cancellation to cancel the server cancellation

This is the right answer @chrisp

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
    edited July 2020

Hi everyone, tranfering a server is actually a really great way to save money/help others save money. @chrisp and @Falzo are right. The server cannot be scheduled for cancellation - if you want to transfer it, you need to first revoke the cancellation. ;)

There's often people here on LET who will be interested in a server transfer, but if you want to ever look elsewhere, there is also a marketplace "Marktplatz" section on our customer discussion forum. This spot is made for people who are offering (B = bieten) and looking for (S = suchend) servers. Although there are lots of German speakers in our forum, they also speak English.

I recently edited a text about the server process. So I'll post it below for anyone who's curious. --Katie

Transfer process for dedicated root servers:
    Person A = current server owner
    Person B = future server owner

Steps for the transfer:
    1. On Robot, Person A creates a transfer token for the correct server on their account.
    2. Using Robot, Person A sends the token to Person B.*
    3. Person B goes to their account on Robot and enters the transfer token.
    4. Person A confirms that they agree to the transfer on Robot.

During the transfer, Robot will automatically delete any of the following that exist on Person A's server:

• access for additional admins
    • telephone passwords
    • checks for system monitoring
      If Person B wants to add these, they will need to do that on their own after the transfer is complete.

However, rDNS entries for the server will remain in place for Person B to use if they wish.

Nothing else on the server will change. Hetzner's support team will not install any new operating systems or delete any data.

All addons, IP addresses, etc. that are connected to the server will be included in the transfer. During the transfer process, Person B will see a full list on Robot of the addons included in the transfer.

To transfer a server, Person A must have had the server for at least 31 days, and they may not transfer a server that they have cancelled.

Thanked by 5Falzo DP OhJohn Ouji ariq01
  • @Hetzner_OL Can you walk us thru how billing works on transfers?
    1. In case Person A transfers a server with unpaid invoice (monthly rent) will Person B have to pay it or will it be pro-rata for Person A?
    2. Will there be a new due date for the server or will it be the original one from person A?
    3. How about the addons? I experienced one time that someone transferred me a server with a windows license, I had to pay for the remainder of the time, since the earliest cancellation of the license was like 20days after I received the server. Which actually didnt save me money, I hope you can add a feature to cancel any add-on by the receiver so by the time he gets it, its already what he wants and doesnt pay for anything he doesnt need.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@kennsann - I'll do my best to answer your questions.
    1. Person A is responsible for all invoices that Robot has generated. (Robot generates our invoices using an automated system). Person B is responsible for any invoices generated after the transfer.
    2. The billing period is based on when Person A purchased the server. So due dates would also be based on that. They don't change during the transfer. See "When do I have to pay for the server?"
    3. Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am not sure how feasible it would be to implement it.

Before the transfer is finalized, Person B (you in this case) can see a full list of the add-ons on the server. So if you don't want the license you have a few options:
    a) You just don't agree to the transfer.
    b) You negotiate with Person A to see if they are willing to pay for the addon/Windows license until the earliest effective cancellation date.
    c) You tell person A that you don't want the license and they need to cancel it and pay for it themselves. After that, person A can then re-start the transfer process. This should be possible since the cancellation processes for addons and the server itself are separate.

Person A and B can always negotiate as much as they want to about the conditions of the transfer. I think most issues can probably be worked out in negotiations. --Katie

• FalzoFalzo Member

TL;DR; always make sure the server you take over has been paid for or the open amount is worth it/part of the negotiation.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    @kennsann - I'll do my best to answer your questions.
    1. Person A is responsible for all invoices that Robot has generated. (Robot generates our invoices using an automated system). Person B is responsible for any invoices generated after the transfer.
    2. The billing period is based on when Person A purchased the server. So due dates would also be based on that. They don't change during the transfer. See "When do I have to pay for the server?"
    3. Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am not sure how feasible it would be to implement it.

Before the transfer is finalized, Person B (you in this case) can see a full list of the add-ons on the server. So if you don't want the license you have a few options:
    a) You just don't agree to the transfer.
    b) You negotiate with Person A to see if they are willing to pay for the addon/Windows license until the earliest effective cancellation date.
    c) You tell person A that you don't want the license and they need to cancel it and pay for it themselves. After that, person A can then re-start the transfer process. This should be possible since the cancellation processes for addons and the server itself are separate.

Person A and B can always negotiate as much as they want to about the conditions of the transfer. I think most issues can probably be worked out in negotiations. --Katie

@Falzo said:
    TL;DR; always make sure the server you take over has been paid for or the open amount is worth it/part of the negotiation.

Thanks Katie. But yeah I was super surprised when the bill came and I was charges above $10 (forgot the exact amount), but calculating that with how much I paid for the transfer fee of the seller would have been the price I pay hetzner directly.

Anyway, lesson learned there about add-ons.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited July 2020

Hi, the server is still available!

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-06-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Jul 23 14:09:01 CEST 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 1792.553 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31G
    Swap       : 15G
    Disk       : 5.4T

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 1.23 MB/s      (308) | 17.46 MB/s     (272)
    Write      | 1.26 MB/s      (316) | 17.99 MB/s     (281)
    Total      | 2.49 MB/s      (624) | 35.46 MB/s     (553)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 80.39 MB/s     (157) | 93.30 MB/s      (91)
    Write      | 84.66 MB/s     (165) | 99.52 MB/s      (97)
    Total      | 165.06 MB/s    (322) | 192.83 MB/s    (188)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                              |                           |                 |                
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 933 Mbits/sec   | 935 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 934 Mbits/sec   | 935 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 933 Mbits/sec   | 938 Mbits/sec  
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 936 Mbits/sec   | 939 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 757 Mbits/sec   | 120 Mbits/sec  
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 922 Mbits/sec   | 925 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 856 Mbits/sec   | 444 Mbits/sec  
    Airstream Comms           | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 827 Mbits/sec   | 454 Mbits/sec  
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 840 Mbits/sec   | 289 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                              |                           |                 |                
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 915 Mbits/sec   | 909 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 923 Mbits/sec   | 924 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 922 Mbits/sec   | 923 Mbits/sec  
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 923 Mbits/sec   | 926 Mbits/sec  
    Airstream Comms           | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 809 Mbits/sec   | 218 Mbits/sec  
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 815 Mbits/sec   | 387 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 867                           
    Multi Core      | 3321                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/3028223