Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP-Friends - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP-Friends

2»

Comments

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@debaser said:
    The new location probably means that some hiccups need to be iround out.
    [...]
    I'm sure @PHP_Friends will eventually get this fixed however.

This is correct.

I think the major issue is that they're relying on just 1 upstream (which is relying on 1 upstream themselves) at the moment.

This is not (really) correct, but we are not done yet with the secondary carrier. For safety reasons we do it prefix after prefix. More peerings / carriers will follow.

Generally we are thankful for every single feedback, but we will always need both directions delivered as support ticket. We can't do network / routing support via LET, esspecially as this is absolutely not my job and my colleagues don't have access to my LET account. I have basic Juniper knowledge but I'm not operating our network :sweat_smile:

Best Regards,
    Tim

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@debaser said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: A 100ms increase than other hosts. What is it so ?

Only thing I can spot is that the reverse route is different from your route. It goes through Hurricane Electric, with a little detour but not up to the point that you'd gain 100ms.

But, all other hosts in Germany remain between 200-230 ms from BD. @PHP_Friends is constantly getting 300ms+ which we get to US from Bangladesh.

• @PHP_Friends said:

@debaser said:
    The new location probably means that some hiccups need to be iround out.
    [...]
    I'm sure @PHP_Friends will eventually get this fixed however.

This is correct.

I think the major issue is that they're relying on just 1 upstream (which is relying on 1 upstream themselves) at the moment.

This is not (really) correct, but we are not done yet with the secondary carrier. For safety reasons we do it prefix after prefix. More peerings / carriers will follow.

Generally we are thankful for every single feedback, but we will always need both directions delivered as support ticket. We can't do network / routing support via LET, esspecially as this is absolutely not my job and my colleagues don't have access to my LET account. I have basic Juniper knowledge but I'm not operating our network :sweat_smile:

Best Regards,
    Tim

What do you mean LET is not your support desk? I thought it's every hosting companies priority /s

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • debaserdebaser Member
    edited July 2020

@PHP_Friends said: Generally we are thankful for every single feedback, but we will always need both directions delivered as support ticket. We can't do network / routing support via LET, esspecially as this is absolutely not my job and my colleagues don't have access to my LET account. I have basic Juniper knowledge but I'm not operating our network

I understand that, I'd very much like to help but as I said: my host node is still in First Root, so all routes I've done is from the Avoro looking glass and to your gateway ip.

More to provide some background than anything else, to be honest.

I think @Neoon is actually an Avoro customer.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@debaser said:

@PHP_Friends said: Generally we are thankful for every single feedback, but we will always need both directions delivered as support ticket. We can't do network / routing support via LET, esspecially as this is absolutely not my job and my colleagues don't have access to my LET account. I have basic Juniper knowledge but I'm not operating our network

I understand that, I'd very much like to help but as I said: my host node is still in First Root, so all routes I've done is from the Avoro looking glass and to your gateway ip.

More to provide some background than anything else, to be honest.

I think @Neoon is actually an Avoro customer.

Yes, as I said before, as far as I know.
    Avoro resells PHP-Friends and uses the same network.

I always provided Avoro with all traceroutes/mtr's I had.
    I suppose they forward it.

Anyway, looking forward to see more uplinks soonTM.

• Growing pains. I think it's best if clients talk to vendor via correct channel.
    Network route issues may take a day to get escalated and looked at by the right staff, in my experience.

(disclaimer :Not a php-friends.de client yet.)

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2020

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I used Hetzner & some other hosts in Germany but @PHP_Friends is getting higher latency than them from My Connection.
    [...]

I've just answered your ticket, from our point of view there is nearly no difference between First Colo and maincubes (but slightly packet loss over both routes way beyond our networks).

Anyway, thank you very much that you opened a ticket. This is the only way I can handoff this to the responsible colleagues.

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said:
    Avoro resells PHP-Friends and uses the same network.

This is wrong, we have our own racks, switches and also our own hardware. Just because we use the same network does not mean that we simply blindly resell the products :)