Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for low cost VPS in Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for low cost VPS in Canada

Prefer not OVH. Prefer not Quebec.

512MB RAM
10GB Storage

Vultr offers $5/mo in Toronto, but hoping I can find something cheaper.

Comments

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited July 2020

Premium VPS in Canada (Toronto and Montreal) + France (aff)
    Nice support, nice panel, affordable prices
    Don't know why this provider isn't hyped here on LET

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

+1 for Lunanode @perennate

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • +10 for Lunanode.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • tetechtetech Member

@RedSox said:
    Premium VPS in Canada (Toronto and Montreal) + France
    Nice support, nice panel, affordable prices
    Don't know why this provider isn't hyped here on LET

I agree with LunaNode, but you should disclose the affiliate link.

• @perennate Any plans to peer with more carriers in Toronto? Would love to see peering with Bell since they aren’t connected to TORIX (for some reason...) and Cogent is a tad congested at times.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@tr0gd0r said:
    Prefer not OVH. Prefer not Quebec.

512MB RAM
    10GB Storage

Vultr offers $5/mo in Toronto, but hoping I can find something cheaper.

If you can pay annually we can offer the following VPS in Toronto:

• 15GB SSD RAID-10
    • 2GB RAM
    • 1 core
    • 1TB @ 1Gbps port
    • KVM @ SolusVM

$30/year

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited July 2020

@doghouch said:
    @perennate Any plans to peer with more carriers in Toronto? Would love to see peering with Bell since they aren’t connected to TORIX (for some reason...) and Cogent is a tad congested at times.

Yes. Please!

Open peering at TORIX would be nice too.

• bdlbdl Member

+1 for LunaNode

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @freerangecloud is always a good option for Canadia :-)

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Thanks guys! Vancouver and Winnipeg are what we currently offer for Canadian locations.

@CyberneticTitan linked our plans page, we do have an unlisted $15/yr plan which we could do in Winnipeg if you're interested. It's 512MB of RAM and 15GB HDD.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2020

@doghouch @ehhthing Yeah, TORIX peering (incl Rogers, Shaw, etc.) would be great, we discussed it before but I don't think there are any plans unfortunately. No plans for Bell either.

Thanked by 2doghouch lokuzard
  • dedimax they offer 2vcpu 2gb ram 20gb nvme for 2.90 EUR in Beauharnois, but I haven't tried their service yet.

• @perennate said:
    @doghouch @ehhthing Yeah, TORIX peering (incl Rogers, Shaw, etc.) would be great, we discussed it before but I don't think there are any plans unfortunately. No plans for Bell either.

No worries then - thanks for the quick response!

• @freerangecloud said:
    Thanks guys! Vancouver and Winnipeg are what we currently offer for Canadian locations.

@CyberneticTitan linked our plans page, we do have an unlisted $15/yr plan which we could do in Winnipeg if you're interested. It's 512MB of RAM and 15GB HDD.

Any chance of this plan in Vancouver? That's closer to me.

• +1 lunanode.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Unfortunately not, our Vancouver location has significantly higher costs then our other sites so the base plan we're offering is the $4.99/mo one

@tr0gd0r said:

@freerangecloud said:

Any chance of this plan in Vancouver? That's closer to me.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • So many names are in my mind when I think about the cheapest web hosting services, but the point is VPS is a good featured web hosting types and counted in high responsive hosting. so it's hard to find out the cheapest, but yes so many options are available on the internet and you can consult with them personally via chat and phone call. So that you can conversely select the best VPS plan in your budget.

• @Allessia_77 said:
    So many names are in my mind when I think about the cheapest web hosting services, but the point is VPS is a good featured web hosting types and counted in high responsive hosting. so it's hard to find out the cheapest, but yes so many options are available on the internet and you can consult with them personally via chat and phone call. So that you can conversely select the best VPS plan in your budget.

You resurrected a 5-month old thread to say nothing of value?

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @tetech said:

@Allessia_77 said:
    So many names are in my mind when I think about the cheapest web hosting services, but the point is VPS is a good featured web hosting types and counted in high responsive hosting. so it's hard to find out the cheapest, but yes so many options are available on the internet and you can consult with them personally via chat and phone call. So that you can conversely select the best VPS plan in your budget.

You resurrected a 5-month old thread to say nothing of value?

The end is nigh.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@Allessia_77 said:

Hi bot.