Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Hosted Email Promo (50GB storage, $25/year, unlimited accounts)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Hosted Email Promo (50GB storage, $25/year, unlimited accounts)

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited July 2020 in Offers

MXroute Summer 2020 Offer

MXroute is a "bring your own domain" e-mail service. You provide the domain, we provide service for inbound and outbound e-mail. We provide a strong focus on outbound e-mail delivery, with an adequate (if not above average) focus on inbound e-mail delivery. Our philosophy is that anyone can run an inbound mail server, but getting your e-mail delivered to Gmail, Hotmail, Verizon, AT&T, and Yahoo from one IP address is almost a fantasy. If we don't get your email where it needs to go, there's no way to get it there. We started with MailChannels as our relay and we grew up to our own internal system that consistently outperforms it. You can read more about our delivery system under "E-mail Flow" in our docs: https://docs.mxroute.com/en/technologies

We provide SMTP, POP3, IMAP, Webmail (Roundcube, Rainloop, Crossbox), Control Panel (DirectAdmin-based), and NextCloud (primarily for Cal/CardDAV).

We're also proud to announce that we're adding mobile apps for iOS and Android! Our iOS app is already available, and the Android app will be available any day now. You can pre-register for the Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxroute.crossbox

The iOS app is available here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mxroute/id1522254361

We're big believers in open source as well. We've started our rspamd custom rules where it will grow, and users can contribute (https://github.com/mxroute/rspamd_rules). We also contribute to ZoneMTA, a huge piece of our infrastructure (https://github.com/zone-eu/zone-mta).

With all of that said, I'd like to introduce a limited offer for this summer:

Name: Large Promo
Features: 50GB Storage, unlimited domains/emails
Limits: 300 outbound per hour (per email address)
Price: $25/year (recurring)
Order: https://portal.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=103

This is a big discount, and we haven't been offering a lot of those lately. We hope to see you join us!

MXroute is a partnership LLC based in Texas: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0803383575

Comments

• This is one of those offers to just take. I have an older Black Friday one, but, honestly, MXRoute is worthy of paying the full price if not more. One of my best discoveries on LET.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I also have an older Black Friday deal that I'm using. Highly recommended, I love not worrying about all the headaches of running mail server and dealing with stuff like gmail or microsoft or whatever other random isp wants to do things weirdly.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Top mail provider 666

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Really looking forward to finishing this and keeping it updated: https://docs.mxroute.com

I want it to be excessive, a single source of truth about the service.

• hzrhzr Member

Do you have any complaints with using this for some lightweight outbound SMTP (password reset, etc)? - think small forum I guess, not bulk newsletter bullshit, or is this explicitly against terms?

Thanked by 1jar

@hzr said:
    Do you have any complaints with using this for some lightweight outbound SMTP (password reset, etc)? - think small forum I guess, not bulk newsletter bullshit, or is this explicitly against terms?

Not at all, fairly common use.

• MultiMulti Member
    edited July 2020

Is it possible to get my plan moved from cPanel to DirectAdmin?

Thanked by 1jar
    edited July 2020

@Multi said:

Migration is a disaster right now, so what I've been doing is giving people a free year of service, creating them a new account on DirectAdmin, and then setting a future date for myself to remove their cPanel account. Then I just let them migrate on their own (imapsync, create accounts, etc). For anyone interested of course, not something I force anyone into.

Feel free to ping me at chat.mxroute.com if you're interested (uses portal.mxroute.com login).

Thanked by 2Multi Aidan
  • MultiMulti Member
    edited July 2020

@jar said:

@Multi said:

Migration is a disaster right now, so what I've been doing is giving people a free year of service, creating them a new account on DirectAdmin, and then setting a future date for myself to remove their cPanel account. Then I just let them migrate on their own (imapsync, create accounts, etc). For anyone interested of course, not something I force anyone into.

That does sound fair. I currently have an old Black Friday special plan (YOUWIN). $40/2year with 40 GB. Does this qualify for a migration?
    I wouldn't even mind paying an additional $10 one time fee for your work. I am really satisfied with your service. Love it!

EDIT: I will contact you via chat.mxroute.com.

Thanked by 1jar

@Multi said: I will contact you via chat.mxroute.com.

I'm off for a while, will be back on later today. High on coffee and about to crash down and sleep ;)

• MultiMulti Member

@jar said:

@Multi said: I will contact you via chat.mxroute.com.

I'm off for a while, will be back on later today. High on coffee and about to crash down and sleep ;)

No problem. I will keep an eye on the chat. Love the design btw. Kinda looks like Discord though.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Multi said:

For any particular reason?
    Asking because, having used both, cPanel is more user friendly, wouldn't switch unless it helps the provider (costs and all).

• can I use MXRoute SMTP from IPv6 only server?

Thanked by 1jar

@chocolateshirt said:
    can I use MXRoute SMTP from IPv6 only server?

The latest server, which will be provisioning all new accounts for at least a couple months, does have an AAAA record pointing to it. So it should work fine.

• anyway mxroute = prem

Thanked by 1jar
  • berkayberkay Member

Definitely recommended, I've stopped counting how many years it's been since I'm using them.

@jar said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    can I use MXRoute SMTP from IPv6 only server?

The latest server, which will be provisioning all new accounts for at least a couple months, does have an AAAA record pointing to it. So it should work fine.

Could we maybe get this to the other recent servers too?

Thanked by 1jar

@berkay said: Could we maybe get this to the other recent servers too?

Aye, I'll add to Arrow and Echo at least, probably later today.

Thanked by 1berkay
  • @sgheghele said:
    This is one of those offers to just take. I have an older Black Friday one, but, honestly, MXRoute is worthy of paying the full price if not more. One of my best discoveries on LET.

I agree. I am paying full price, and even though there are always ways to save a few $ (like this offer for example) - I would rather keep the full price and support @jar
    Thank you!

Thanked by 3jar sgheghele skorous
  • MultiMulti Member

@bikegremlin said:

@Multi said:

For any particular reason?
    Asking because, having used both, cPanel is more user friendly, wouldn't switch unless it helps the provider (costs and all).

I thought I can only use the Nextcloud witht he new DA accounts. I just discovered I can use it with the old cPanel aswell... I guess I'll stay then.

• ariq01ariq01 Member

any pricing for personal/small project usage? i mean just for 5 domains with 5gb for $5/year :D

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

MXRoute is just way too good for this forum. We dont deserve such offers.

• @ariq01 said:
    any pricing for personal/small project usage? i mean just for 5 domains with 5gb for $5/year :D

Better to look at @SmallWeb
    He has some great small plans.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited July 2020

@Iroshan464 said:

@ariq01 said:

Better to look at @SmallWeb
    He has some great small plans.

We are closed to new customers right now my friend. :)

Let's keep the topic about the main man himself and the excellent service of MXroute! 10/10 from me after 9 months of use.

• @jar Bet you loved Apple the moment you had to dump $99 US on your developer account lol

(enjoy renewing it every year too <3)

Thanked by 1kkrajk

@doghouch said:
    @jar Bet you loved Apple the moment you had to dump $99 US on your developer account lol

(enjoy renewing it every year too <3)

Haha yeah. It's not too bad. I keep a dev account just to try developer previews anyway.

Android app went live :)

• Why Spamassassin over Rspamd/Redis in the docs? Sounds outdated. You're mentioning Rspamd in the thread.

Can I resell this? Could I take a $25 account and fill what I don't need up with clients? How about a white label service?

Every time I set up an email client account, sending is the bane. Once set up it seems to work forever but what a pain to get there! (going through a major one just now!)

Just love the idea of this service. And Android app went live today!

Thanked by 1jar
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@dominame said:
    Can I resell this? Could I take a $25 account and fill what I don't need up with clients? How about a white label service?

iirc there is a reseller plan as well, but not sure if this is it (got a reseller on black friday with the same price). The domain itself is whitelabeled, and reseller server's logo is set to default DA.

Every time I set up an email client account, sending is the bane. Once set up it seems to work forever but what a pain to get there! (going through a major one just now!)

True. I had a hard time setting the sending relay on my own, but ditched it and am using MXroute/SES/Postmark. For me MXroute seems to be better than SES and similar to Postmark. But MXroute provides the same feature for way cheaper price and works as a full email service (not just sending)

Thanked by 2jar dominame

@dominame said: Why Spamassassin over Rspamd/Redis in the docs? Sounds outdated. You're mentioning Rspamd in the thread.

SpamAssassin has been the go-to default, and only recently did DirectAdmin's implementation for control panel management satisfy where I wasn't constantly having to explain to users that the features in the panel didn't directly correlate to the configs as expected (they still don't 100% but it's better now). I haven't deployed rspamd to all DA servers yet but the newer ones I have (the only ones a new customer is going to see).

That said, SA is roughly as good as rspamd in practice right now in my experience (in function, not in performance). Especially when you consider that we write our own addon rules (https://config.mxroute.com/spam/local.cf). We're at a phase of email spam that open source filters just aren't able to compete with closed sources ones like Gmail's, etc. They're all lacking to the end user, so the top priority is just making sure customers have the most ability to influence their settings to their own best result (quite relative I've learned).

@dominame said: Can I resell this? Could I take a $25 account and fill what I don't need up with clients? How about a white label service?

Depends on your expectations. You can't make sub-accounts in DA on our non-reseller service. We do have a reseller service but you should read about it before going in on it: https://community.mxroute.com/t/what-is-reseller-and-how-is-it-different-from-your-other-services/587

White label features for non-reseller service are there, just not for the DirectAdmin panel. You can make your own mail/webmail subdomains: https://mxroutehelp.com/index.php/2019/08/25/custom-webmail-pop-imap-smtp-domain/

You can also whitelabel Crossbox by creating an admin@ account on your domain and logging into it, which opens up branding options. I don't have that documented, it's on my to do list for the docs page. A lot of customers are already doing it though.

Thanked by 2dominame FrankZ
  • @jar said:
    Android app went live :)

Any chance you could provide links to the ipa/apk files for the APPs? I have a bunch of MXRoute users here using jailed android phones that unfortunately have no access to Google Play Stores :'(