Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kernel-Power 41 ERROR - Restarts Hetzner Dedicated Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kernel-Power 41 ERROR - Restarts Hetzner Dedicated Server

2»

Comments

• zenkizenki Member

I used to get the exact same issue on the same server model, I just gave up and went with a different provider.

• @HyperK9 said:
    I used to get the exact same issue on the same server model, I just gave up and went with a different provider.

With the same moneys ?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi LET readers, I am very sorry about the delayed response here. I have been out of the office for about a week and am just catching up with things here on LET. In addition, the person I would normally ask about this question seems to be on vacation, and I am trying to contact the next best person. (I'm sorry that I don't have the technical background to help you further myself.)
    @Thanos92 and @Shu - Until I can find an answer, I suggest that you continue to communicate with our support team. Give them as much information as possible so that they can rule out any other possible issues. They may ask you for additional information to help them assess the problem.
    --Katie

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi LET readers, I am very sorry about the delayed response here. I have been out of the office for about a week and am just catching up with things here on LET. In addition, the person I would normally ask about this question seems to be on vacation, and I am trying to contact the next best person. (I'm sorry that I don't have the technical background to help you further myself.)
    @Thanos92 and @Shu - Until I can find an answer, I suggest that you continue to communicate with our support team. Give them as much information as possible so that they can rule out any other possible issues. They may ask you for additional information to help them assess the problem.
    --Katie

Hello,

I already talk via email with your support and the first time they change me server with mine drives but the problem still exist and the second time they change me server with new drives and again the problem is here :)

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi again @Thanos92 - I spoke to one of my colleagues (André R.) and he thinks the best course of action for you might be to request another server replacement in a support ticket. Explain that you are still experiencing difficulties and any other trouble shooting that you have done. Or, you could switch to a different server model, for example, one from the AX line. Please keep communicating with our team via the support ticket system.

On a small number of the EX62-NVMes, we have noticed some instabilities, but we are still unsure of the root cause. We are in contact with the hardware vendors, but we are also still collecting as much information as possible. (And as I said, the root cause is still unclear.) So any details that you can give us are helpful. --Katie

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2020

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi again @Thanos92 - I spoke to one of my colleagues (André R.) and he thinks the best course of action for you might be to request another server replacement in a support ticket. Explain that you are still experiencing difficulties and any other trouble shooting that you have done. Or, you could switch to a different server model, for example, one from the AX line. Please keep communicating with our team via the support ticket system.

On a small number of the EX62-NVMes, we have noticed some instabilities, but we are still unsure of the root cause. We are in contact with the hardware vendors, but we are also still collecting as much information as possible. (And as I said, the root cause is still unclear.) So any details that you can give us are helpful. --Katie

Seeing the number of replies to this thread and having experienced this exact same issue myself I wouldn't simply write it off as a problem only a "small number" of people have to deal with. We even got a replacement server at some point with the exact same issue. We've seen improvements in stability running Linux but still get the occasional reboot on one making the server basically unusable for any production purpose. What does Hetzner plan to do about this in the short term?

• ShuShu Member

@Hetzner_OL said:
    --Katie

Hi Katie,
    Honestly, I have given up on this. As I said before, I already got it replaced twice and I see no reason to try it again given that people are still experiencing it. It was a major problem on EX62 so I moved to EX52 a while back but it still happens frequently especially on windows servers.
    It's been good 8-9 months and I have learned to live with it now.

• Haha - this is so funny.

Thanos92: Drop me a private msg, i will fix it free for you if you want. Just to prove hetzners ridiculous support team and bunch of miserly people here.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@lowprofile said:
    Haha - this is so funny.

Thanos92: Drop me a private msg, i will fix it free for you if you want. Just to prove hetzners ridiculous support team and bunch of miserly people here.

It's the best to contact hetzner & tell them that you discovered a solution, I think they would give you some sort of reward. @Hetzner_OL also might have something for you. If you have discovered something, try to contribute, I know this won't cover up your losses bt certainly this will help others :)

• And of curse they dont care to found a solution! My server only today auto-rebooted 3 times for the same ERROR reason @Hetzner_OL

• fLoofLoo Member

I dont have an EX62 laying around but if you're willed to provide me with a rescue-system i can investigate free of charge. I'm a long termer here, i think there are enough people to assure you that i can be trusted :)