Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM everything out of stock? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM everything out of stock?

2»

Comments

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@Francisco said:

@Shot2 said:
    Some stock right now

Yep :) Basically some lead-up stock (people cancelling their stuff before the 7th).

Francisco

... Suddenly, BuyVMs! thousands of them!

I'm back on board, noticed some new features, everything working like a charm ('Upload ISO' is mucho appreciated) <3

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Shot2 said: ... Suddenly, BuyVMs! thousands of them!

I'm back on board, noticed some new features, everything working like a charm ('Upload ISO' is mucho appreciated)

Yep, the 7th is when things get cleared out. Should last a few days.

Let me know if you run into any bugs with the ISO uploads.

I'll hopefully have BGP in alpha/beta this/next week.

Francisco

• edited July 2020

@Francisco said:

@Shot2 said: ... Suddenly, BuyVMs! thousands of them!

I'll hopefully have BGP in alpha/beta this/next week.

Really looking forward to BGP - it'll make you almost unbeatable in my view compared to other providers.

@YellowHummingbird said: Really looking forward to BGP - it'll make you almost unbeatable in my view compared to other providers.

Haha :) I think the only major features we'll be lacking past BGP is ECMP for users to do load balancing and hourly billing.

ECMP will come down the road, not far off.

Still not sure if we'll want to dive into hourly billing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @Francisco said:

@YellowHummingbird said: Really looking forward to BGP - it'll make you almost unbeatable in my view compared to other providers.

Haha :) I think the only major features we'll be lacking past BGP is ECMP for users to do load balancing and hourly billing.

ECMP will come down the road, not far off.

It's not really relevant to me (I've been with BuyVM for 5 years and not had a DDoS yet) but out of curiosity, I'm assuming there won't be an option for prefixes announced via BGP to go via Voxility/be protected? That sounds like it could get expensive fast

@YellowHummingbird said: It's not really relevant to me (I've been with BuyVM for 5 years and not had a DDoS yet) but out of curiosity, I'm assuming there won't be an option for prefixes announced via BGP to go via Voxility/be protected? That sounds like it could get expensive fast

We don't use Voxility for customer subnets anymore.

We'll offer CF but it's not going to be a $3 thing, it'll be more like $3/mbit, 100mbit minimum.

Francisco

• edited July 2020

@Francisco said:

@YellowHummingbird said: It's not really relevant to me (I've been with BuyVM for 5 years and not had a DDoS yet) but out of curiosity, I'm assuming there won't be an option for prefixes announced via BGP to go via Voxility/be protected? That sounds like it could get expensive fast

We don't use Voxility for customer subnets anymore.

We'll offer CF but it's not going to be a $3 thing, it'll be more like $3/mbit, 100mbit minimum.

Francisco

Oh wow, I'm out of date! That's good to know - pretty solid pricing tbh. Thanks for the info!

• @Francisco said: Still not sure if we'll want to dive into hourly billing.

No matter how much nodes you rack up, your services will always be sold out.
    There is no need for hourly billing.

but we can always use some more weird pictures, you know.

Thanked by 1Shot2

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said: No matter how much nodes you rack up, your services will always be sold out.

We would hit critical mass, but doing hourly would blow well past that all :)

If WHMCS 8 goes the way I'm expecting then building billing/hourly/etc into stallion is just a matter of time.

Francisco

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2020

@Francisco
    Not that I need another slice but hey can't resist a fab. service.

edited July 2020

@YellowHummingbird said: Really looking forward to BGP

Figured I'd give some peaks into what it'll look like in Stallion.

The configure button lets you set your table view ("No routes" or "Full Table", putting "default" makes no sense since users will already have a default route active) as well as changing what IP addresses the BGP sessions are configured to.

I got the BGP server built out earlier with most of its API done as well. I just need to finish integration into the Stallion front end. Past that I just need the RPKI cron and a couple node side changes to allow the subnets to pass packets.

I think we could have it in alpha/etc this weekend even.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Out of interest, why do the 2nd/3rd constraints exist? No query params and no redirect following - are you trying to avoid downloads from particular types of sites/providers?

edited July 2020

@danielhm said: Out of interest, why do the 2nd/3rd constraints exist? No query params and no redirect following - are you trying to avoid downloads from particular types of sites/providers?

Basically. It also gives the customer a basic reading comprehension test :P If they fail those couple steps then they probably shouldn't be doing a manual OS install and instead ticket us for help.

Francisco

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • edited July 2020

@Francisco said:

The configure button lets you set your table view ("No routes" or "Full Table", putting "default" makes no sense since users will already have a default route active) as well as changing what IP addresses the BGP sessions are configured to.

It's time for me to budget spending more money at BuyVM in the future :P This all looks amazing! If you're looking for alpha/beta testers, would be very happy to try things out on my personal ASN (where it doesn't really matter if there's some temporary issues.)

• @Francisco said:
    Basically. It also gives the customer a basic reading comprehension test :P If they fail those couple steps then they probably shouldn't be doing a manual OS install and instead ticket us for help.

Francisco

Fair. Are you willing to share what providers you are avoiding downloads from or prefer not to? I'm really just curious, is all.

@YellowHummingbird said: It's time for me to budget spending more money at BuyVM in the future :P This all looks amazing! If you're looking for alpha/beta testers, would be very happy to try things out on my personal ASN (where it doesn't really matter if there's some temporary issues.

For sure :) I've decided to stay up some tonight to get the rigging in place to link it to the frontend.

I need to do a final test on it as well as load up all of the country images instead of just the USA flag like it is now.

Francisco

@danielhm said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Fair. Are you willing to share what providers you are avoiding downloads from or prefer not to? I'm really just curious, is all.

Honestly there's no whitelist of providers.

It's just as much to protect us from someone sending the system into a redirect loop because they're a dick. It's hard coded to not follow, period.

Francisco

• berkayberkay Member

@Francisco said:

I got the BGP server built out earlier with most of its API done as well. I just need to finish integration into the Stallion front end. Past that I just need the RPKI cron and a couple node side changes to allow the subnets to pass packets.

I think we could have it in alpha/etc this weekend even.

Francisco

Just like @YellowHummingbird, I think this looks amazing and I'd also definitely want to be a tester if you're looking for some folks.

edited July 2020

@berkay said: Just like @YellowHummingbird, I think this looks amazing and I'd also definitely want to be a tester if you're looking for some folks.

All aboard the steed.

I'll give more updates later in the week once I'm confident I didn't miss any edge cases :)

Francisco

Things are looking good on the BGP front! I'm going to do another pass today to get a final bug list but i'm grasping at straws at this point.

The RPKI route importers in place, still deciding how often to fire it but it'll be at least once a day automagically.

Francisco

Thanked by 1berkay