Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Dedicated vCore VPS Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Dedicated vCore VPS Provider

nbnnbn Member
edited May 2020 in Providers

I'm looking to buy a few US VPS that have one dedicated vCore each OR at least a dedicated percentage of shared 2-3 cores each (ie 50% of 2vCPU). Need at least 1TB bandwidth/month and 2gb ram each. What hosts in the US are good for dedicated vCore VPS cheap?

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

BuyVM @Francisco , ExtraVM @MikeA , Nexusbytes @seriesn

Thanked by 3RedSox seriesn taubin
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

We have dedicated cores starting at $12/month/core. Unmetered bandwidth.

Thanked by 1nbn
  • RedSoxRedSox Member

@sonic said:
    BuyVM @Francisco , ExtraVM @MikeA , Nexusbytes @seriesn

/thread

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

Hello @nbn

Please consider our US NVMe packages here https://hostworld.uk/nvme-vps. We allow customers to access 100% of the server core(s). Packages also come with unlimited bandwidth.

We also can offer our LET package which comes with 2GB RAM, 2x CPU, 30GB NVMe Storage, Unmetered Bandwidth, 1 Gbps Uplink and IPv4 & IPv6 is also available. That package is £5.59 ($6.98) per month. If that’s of interest you can order here https://portal.hostworld.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=70 - select ‘US, Chicago‘ when ordering.

If that package isn’t suited, how much disk space are you looking for and what’s your budget?

• seriesnseriesn Member

@nbn said:
    I'm looking to buy a few US VPS that have one dedicated vCore each OR at least a dedicated percentage of shared 2-3 cores each (ie 50% of 2vCPU). Need at least 1TB bandwidth/month and 2gb ram each. What hosts in the US are good for dedicated vCore VPS cheap?

Ryzen up our cpu speed my friend! Might not be "chea"p but some birdy told me that there is a 30% discount code lurking around somewhere for the vDedis ;)

@sonic @RedSox <3 Thanks for the mention fam :)

Thanked by 1nbn
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Any specific location in the U.S. you prefer? I don't sell or advertise dedicated CPU resources, but I've never had to limit someone and I've had some people who've maxed out 2~ cores for months. This is pretty much since everything runs Ryzen now so there's plenty of resources.

But any host running something similar will be good.

• sonic said: ExtraVM @MikeA

ExtraVM has dedicated core oO ?

Thanked by 1nbn
  • deer76deer76 Member

hostworld said: We allow customers to access 100% of the server core(s).

The ToS say differently though "Accounts that exceed the overall server CPU and memory usage for a period of 5 minutes may be subject to a temporary suspension."

• buzzyLETbuzzyLET Member
    edited May 2020

I have always gone with wishosting (@exception0x876 ) due to this, there have been several times I have been testing something and a process maxes out or hans, due to this I skip out on a lot of other offers for fear of being shut down or the extra work of having to contact them to tll them I"m working on something for a short time. Phpfriends also has dedicated cores, their last deal was good but I am waiting for a plan to suit my needs better.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@o_be_one said:

sonic said: ExtraVM @MikeA

ExtraVM has dedicated core oO ?

no, but pretty much all VPS run on Ryzen now with 8-16c/16-32t CPUs, so there is plenty of CPU resources.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

nbn said: dedicated vCore

This is an oxymoron... vCore is "virtual core"... If it's dedicated, it's not virtual any more. 🤔

• ElementElement Member

@seriesn said:

@nbn said:

Ryzen up our cpu speed my friend! Might not be "chea"p but some birdy told me that there is a 30% discount code lurking around somewhere for the vDedis ;)

i can't find the code =(

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Element said:

@seriesn said:

@nbn said:

i can't find the code =(

It's in PM

Thanked by 1Element
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@sonic said:

@Element said:

@seriesn said:

@nbn said:

i can't find the code =(

It's in PM

Mr Speedy knows haha.

• @Daniel15 said:

This is an oxymoron... vCore is "virtual core"... If it's dedicated, it's not virtual any more. 🤔

How does exactly vcore works ? is 1 vcore = 1 thread or 0.5 core , or whatever the provider choose it to be ? Let's say i have 16 core processor, can I make it into a 64 vcore processor ?

Thanked by 2RedSox o_be_one
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@yokowasis said:

@Daniel15 said:

How does exactly vcore works ? is 1 vcore = 1 thread or 0.5 core , or whatever the provider choose it to be ? Let's say i have 16 core processor, can I make it into a 64 vcore processor ?

The short answer is Yes.
    You can even create 1000 vps on that 16 core server. (Not advisable at all)

• @ViridWeb said:

@yokowasis said:

@Daniel15 said:

The short answer is Yes.

How can we know how much 1 core is on a provider?

When the bench said the clock speed is 3GHz is that a real 3 GHz?

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Most providers will tell you what CPU their box uses.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said:

@ViridWeb said:

@yokowasis said:

@Daniel15 said:

The short answer is Yes.

How can we know how much 1 core is on a provider?

When the bench said the clock speed is 3GHz is that a real 3 GHz?

For CPU, You can ask your provider which processor they are using.
    But that that doesn't mean you will get the full info. It's only the provider who knows how many vps they are hosting in that dedicated server. Hope your provider can tell you the truth.

For benchmark it depends if the node is full and overcrowded or empty.
    For example, when you do a benchmark test when the actual node hosting only few vps inside, you will get good results.
    But when you test the vps at the time the actual node is almost full with many working vps, you may saw a performance issue.

So basically benchmark is useless or at least not worth much for VPS but maybe good for dedicated

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

yokowasis said: How does exactly vcore works ?

"vCore" is a virtual core. It just means that you see that many cores on your VPS. It can be anything - There's no guarantee as to how much processing power you actually get.

• I'd like to say thanks community for the given answer. It will be helpful to me.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2020

edit
    nvm