Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience with Frantech Reseller Hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experience with Frantech Reseller Hosting?

Hello I would like to know if anyone have or been using a Reseller hosting with Frantech?
Link of their website is this https://my.frantech.ca/

Are they legit or are they good? This reselling hosting is so cheap so I am thinking they oversell this.
The cheapest reseller hosting I know before is atleast $10 (10 clients).
I am kinda interested on this. Anyone have reviews?

Comments

• Frantech is BuyVM is @Francisco is amazing.

No experience with reseller programs with them, but the company itself is rock solid.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jeorlie said:
    Hello I would like to know if anyone have or been using a Reseller hosting with Frantech?

Are they legit or are they good? This reselling hosting is so cheap so I am thinking they oversell this.

Lots of people use BuyShared resellers :) Lots of people love it.

Francisco

Thanked by 2team_traitor donko
  • @jeorlie said:

They are as legit as legit gets.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2020

Their pricing is completely unsustainable. I mean, sure, they've been around for 10 years but...

j/k - they're great.

I can't say they're perfect - had occasionally issues with SSH port being flooded, network hiccups, etc. But I saw the same rate of issues when I paid $10/mo at Dreamhost (who is also a great host), so...

I've used their VPSes far more than the shared, and the VPSes have been awesome, too.

I generally prefer to host sites on my own VPS but for situations where it's friends and family hosting where I want to give them access, I put them on BuyShared and it's been a great solution.

One very minor point: "You cannot update because WordPress 5.4.2 requires PHP version 5.6.20 or higher. You are running version 5.5.38." Insert php-selektor joke.

BTW I think the link is more properly https://buyshared.net

• thank you guys. I'll get one.

• They’re so good, I’m idling 3 VPS with them just to keep them.

@raindog308 said:
    Insert php-selektor joke.

What’s the origin of this? I started seeing the PHP SELEKTOR OK jokes late 2018 but I have never gotten to see what started it.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

New DA plans in Vegas are on Ryzen. I want one but know it'll mostly idle, my sites are already running great on slices.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Frantech, Ramnode, Hostmantis - I've used them and they are good in deed for reseller hosting IF your client's sites are not heavy on CPU/RAM and I/O (Their limit is 1GB RAM/1CPU fair share and it will reach the limit if any of your client uses heavy plugins/forums,etc.). Else get a VPS from any of them, get a cPanel/DA and run your own reseller hosting so you get more CPU and RAM.

• DazzleDazzle Member

I had 2 reseller account on Frantech, cPanel and DirectAdmin. Both are amazing. No doubt @Francisco is top provider. Also, you got free Blesta to help your hosting business.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

What's the actual limit (CPU/RAM) of the reseller shared hosting plans @Francisco ?
    I can't find the info on buyshared

@comXyz said:
    What's the actual limit (CPU/RAM) of the reseller shared hosting plans @Francisco ?
    I can't find the info on buyshared

All plans get up to 1 CPU, we don't offer more, not really planning to especially with the move to Ryzen.

RAM scales, 1GB, 1.5GB, 2GB.

Francisco

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@sgheghele said:> > @raindog308 said:

Insert php-selektor joke.

What’s the origin of this? I started seeing the PHP SELEKTOR OK jokes late 2018 but I have never gotten to see what started it.

I actually don’t know :)

• donkodonko Member

Pretty good for pricing :smile:

• Lol, I remember PHP SELEKTER meme...

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Francisco said: RAM scales, 1GB, 1.5GB, 2GB.

So 1GB for $2, 1.5GB for $4, 2GB for $7?
    Does it scale the same with shared hosting as well?

• donkodonko Member

@sanvit said:

I tried setup a existing account on my 7$ cpanel reseller with 2GB ram but it doesn't take effect, still show 1G after changing package to a new one configured

• Been using reseller hosting for years. Very stable. Direct admin version is better performance than their previous cpanel.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • nbnnbn Member

I think it's already been concluded, but frantech is ^:)^

edited July 2020

@donko said:

@sanvit said:

I tried setup a existing account on my 7$ cpanel reseller with 2GB ram but it doesn't take effect, still show 1G after changing package to a new one configured

You can ticket and we will look :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1donko